Black People : What Do You Know And Understand About Us 'Black Indians'?

First of all, consider this post a followup or an update, etc.

Second of all, whatever is alleged or truly carryovers, i. e., from our distant ancestors and down to us, it has been and is some folks bad calls, which did and does lead them to play up whoever they were, whereas we are the latest of their descendants, and also reflect who we have come to be, on this side of the oceans, etc.

I can dig it, that you chose to list the african peoples we're also descended from, but we're nowadays a reflection of the new defined ones, in various indigenous bands/nations/etc., known by the names adopted by black indians, from coast to coast...

I don't claim to be anybody's official spokespersons, but along the way I've also found their stories inspiring and information, too...

Being you are also one of us: I would've expected you to pass along a list of their names as well...

FYI...

Maruawe Chuck...

Of course... As a person of Black/Indian descent, I am proud of both sides of my ethnic bloodlines. I chose to list the various African peoples we descend from as an example of how we, as Black people in America, are rooted in diverse populations - not only in terms of "racial" lines but also in terms of African ethnicity; yet however, we are able to still see ourselves as one people.

Maruawe Chuck...

Of course... As a person of Black/Indian descent, I am proud of both sides of my ethnic bloodlines. I chose to list the various African peoples we descend from as an example of how we, as Black people in America, are rooted in diverse populations - not only in terms of "racial" lines but also in terms of African ethnicity; yet however, we are able to still see ourselves as one people.

Good morning, and let's do take it from there, i. e., over the centuries, what were distinct ethnic groups, etc., have somehow and someway, now have a shared identity etc.

Suchlike you will also have to prove to me...

A conscious design like also does more than imply as well as suggest we are a product of a predetermined intent and purpose...

I. e., the when/where/who/etc. applies, as per usual...

FYI

My premise is that our very culture etc. used to reflect our collective resistance to exploitation and oppression:

These days, we again reflect either the various in groups, males/females/indigenous/christians/muslims, as wel as those who see themselves as a part of (not from) mainstream (white) society, advancing different agendas...

To me, what brother Malcolm berated and chided past generations for regression and retreating into, i. e., as in operating as though our in groups mattered more than our common plight etc., not contrasting a clamoring for mere Civil Rights and a demand for Black Power, or as I always put it, a denial of our human rights etc., which is what he used to determine who was becoming a part of the problem, not striving to be a part of the solution, as in determine our own destiny, is as important/relevant/significant, as when he made is legendary Grassroots speech...

The unity etc. some claim we lack was and is the alleged or real agenda of some here has to be a conscious choice...

FYI

Maruawe Chuck...

Please do forgive the multiple replies, though I might not be the best person to post back, i. e., about what is a complex series of insights you've put forth...

Do be forgiving (if not just forgetting) of my oh so human shortcomings etc.

But, our distand ancestors were the true africans, and we're also a reflection of our own unique legacies etc., on this side of the two oceans, etc.

Thing is, we reflect both the legacies of Mother Africa and/or these North American peoples on three continents, as well...

In the case of the other, indigenous folk, we have yet to admit, particularly among those who are heavily represented by mixed as ourselves, those who aren't also don't consider us 'true indians'...

Contrast that with anybody and everybody, who have had constant contact with those black mixes, i. e., from the northeast to the southeast coast of this nation, not just in Oklahoma...

There was also slavery of some folks ancestors in the north, and/or the exile of others to the islands, etc. and/or the mating of the enslaved of both peoples, etc., long before the likes of Dragging Canoe/Tecumseh/John Horse/etc., tried to unite others to resist the effects of white immigration etc.

If you have not read those repostings over on the Cherokee Women forum, I urge you to, because it does reflect back to those aformentioned legacies and/or part of our peoples true history etc.

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back