Black Spirituality Religion : What do you get by being atheist?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by willa, Apr 11, 2013.

1. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    Don't give the reflex answer please. Peal down a couple of onion layers and give the deeper reason. Thanks.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    You get to annoy non atheist's.

A quicker passage to heaven being st. Peter won't be guarding the gate when u arrive.

Less stress because believing in an invisible god who punishes you wether u are naughty or nice can be quite heavy on the heart.

You get to sleep in late on sundays after doing what u wanted or needed to do on the actual Sabbath.

U get to not be afraid to openly discuss nubia or kmt.

Hold on, this onion is starting make my eyes all watery...

3. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    Thank you for your response. I think St. Peter is a Catholic belief. It isn't in the scriptures. Just for the sake of discussion Mexico is invisible to me; but there is enough evidence that I believe it is there. Thanks again.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I'm not an atheist so I have no idea, except that, oddly, you get to feel superior to people who disagree with you on the matter of faith. I've known a couple of atheists and what they seem to have in common is that they lost faith in the religion they were born into, thus concluded there is no God.

Since you started the discussion, what are your ideas on atheists and what does atheism offer you?

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866
    Peace of mind, not having to satisfy an unknown entity's rules and regulations. I can just do me.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    So how do you see yourself in the scheme of things, in relation to other animals? I ask this because it seems to me that to be atheist is to consider one's humanity to be nothing special, i.e., to be no better, no worse than any other animal; that even the meanest, vermin-infested rat scurrying through the slime of the gutter is the athiest's equal.

Btw, as one of the faithful, I not only have peace of mind, but am privileged to on more than one occasion, have experienced a peace "beyond understanding."

7. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866
    I see myself as a citizen of this planet. As are all animals. We all have our roles to play and we all are necessary. That comes from my perspective as a vegetarian and not an atheist.

As an atheist I find it interesting that religious people ask questions and when answered they find a way to sneak in shade. Why can't "the faithful" be as tolerant of atheists as they request of other folk be tolerant of their beliefs? Ijs.....

8. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    I was just curious to find out why any man/woman would spend so much time trying to take down the possibilities of GOD. It is an anti-religion of itself. As for me, I know that he does exist; because, "the kingdom of God is not in word; but, in power." 1Corinthian 4:20 Reading the scriptures when asking for the gift of the Holy Ghost will open knowledge and understanding through that power -- just as one example. Anyone should give it a test, prayer for study. The requirement for the results is honest intentions to know.

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

So you consider yourself to be no better than a vermin-infested rat crawling around in the gutter in the larger scheme of things?

What do you mean by "find a way to sneak in shade?" You asked a question, I answered it, THEN I asked a question. I've been VERY above board, put my cards smack dab in the middle of the table so don't know what you mean by "shade."

As for tolerance, how have I evinced intolerance to anything you wrote? I've been pretty open to your POV, indeed, welcomed it by asking questions and made NO judgement on anything you said.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Wow... that is funny. I think and do things like an atheist eventhough I am not atheist. I believe in a Source for all Things that is Intelligent without having any strictly defined rules. I guess I am above all religions, doctrines, dogmas and "-isms" including atheism.