Black Relationships : What do you expect of a Man???

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MrBlak, Jul 16, 2004.

1. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Black women:

What is the base level of experience and achievements do you expect of a black man before you would consider him for a romantic relationship, in the following areas: social development and abilities, romantic ability, intimacy experience, sexual experience and ability?

You can answer this for you right now and give a general idea of your age group, and/or you can answer it for the following ages (that you have alredy been thru): 15, 18, 20, 25, 30, 35+

Be honest as we are all adults, no need to be nice, just real.

Thanks,

MrBlak

(btw--Thanks destee for the idea how to get it posted :spin: )

2. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    QQ

Glad to see you got it posted Brother!!!!!!!!

Now to try and answer your question.

I am 28. My needs are very simple. When lQQking for a mate I have never been the type of person to date a man for personal gain or for the things he has. I always lQQK for qualitites like Honesty, Trustworthyness, Respect, Giving, Hadworking, Gentle, Kind, Strong and HONESTY!....lol
    If a man's heart is true, that's enough for me. He can be flippin burgers at a fastfood joint but as long as he's True I don't mind if we may have to strugle to make ends meet or if He has degrees and a wonderful job and can meet my needs with ease as long as I know His heart belongs to me we str8.

3. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Nita!!
    Question for you......if he has had limited dating/relationship experience, would you pass him over thinking it would be too much work to "make it work"?

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    50+...is a pulse too much to ask for?

Queenie :wave:

5. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess by that age there is nothing to worry about in terms of if the guy has been in a serious relationship before, if he is experienced enuff in the sack, if he can be intimate with a woman etc. That is more something the younger women gotta worry about.....and DO discriminate based on.

Thanks for the post!! :D

6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    LOL @ Queenie.

7. renee

renee Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings, Kings, & Queens, what i look for in a man is, GOD a man who fears GOD is a just man, that means he's righteous, i know that he will sin, we sin daily,but a man who is not afraid, to stand up for what is right. I look for a man who can make me think,and who i can make think, i don't have tyme for games that's for kids, i would like a man who's not afraid to express he's feelings,your human too and i know that men cry too and it's alright. I want a man to be as honest to me has he can, i don't won't a man with his clothes hanging off his ***, i don't want a man who cann't be social, i don't won't a man who speak more street slaine than teenagers, i look for the love in his heart, i look for a man that carry himself with respect, one that know's how too treat a woman,but i guest i'm asking for too much, so i guest i'll still be single for a while. :spinn: i'm 32 by the way. peace & blessings,1 luv!!! renee....

8. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    Renee

You wont be single for long if you actually go for the type of man you describe and dont find every reason to file him as a "freind" once you find him.....as many women seem to do.

Thanks for the response and best of luck to you!!

MrBlak

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very good topic i wanna hear more from the ladies stand point
    on a good man that they seek or look for this getting enteresting !
    nice one MrBlak....................................................................

10. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gretings, Family.

Let's see, I'm 33, and as one of my sistas mentioned in one of the previous posts, I do desire a GOD fearing man. I'm not saying one who is preaching to me, but one who stands firm in his beliefs in the Most High. A rock, if you will. Also, he must be honest. I can't tolerate lying for any reason. I'm not tripping on his job but he must have one. That's just real. He must be someone that I can respect and who respects me as well. I don't want to sit around all day just thinking of him naked and not retaining anything that he has said. LOL! He must respect the fact that I have a daughter, who lives with me, and is the top priority in my life. If he has children, I hope he gives them the same importance. I like a man who's his own man, and not what he thinks others want him to be. Be You. That will take you far with me.