Black Education / Schools : What do you care about Public Schools? Lets watch them Fail.

I think what makes the difference in some cases the difference was they had parents who, from birth, made the child realize that education is a priority. And they cut off the TV's, computers and gaming systems. Made them pick up a BOOK, as the parents themselves were avid readers. African and Asian students come to America and excell because their cultures valued education and hard work. Not style, but substance.

Which book?

I have the book The Age of Uncertainty by John Kenneth Galbraith. I bought it and read it in 1977. I think it is a great book and it still has the $15.95 price tag on it. The BOOK is bigger and weighs more than this computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCHHAFyp9I0

Hardcover books are commonly $25 these days.

But there was a television series that the book was made for. I hadn't seen it in 20 years. But now they can be downloaded and watched with that computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFUjYKTGHk

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics by Stan Gibilisco Is a little heavier than The Age of Uncertainty. It's a softcover but has almost twice as many pages. But I also have an electronic version of it loaded on the Sylvania. It takes up 7.1 megabytes. The computer could hold more than TWO HUNDRED BOOKS that size. The computer can accept a EIGHT GIGABYTE SD card and that can hold another 1100 BOOKS.

From a purely technological perspective books could be obsolete but it will be a long time before people give up the habit.

The problem is what to load on the computers and kids getting their elders to stop pushing books instead of computers.

um

For some reason I can't post links even tho I used to be able to do it.

I suggested this before:

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics by Stan Gibilisco

I wish someone had told me about a book like that when I was in 7th grade. Most "educators" Black and White act like a kid can't learn anything unless a teacher stands in front and gives lectures and then the public and private schools select crappy books. Excellent books are more important than teachers if the kid actually wants to learn.

Now I have found an electronic simulator but I can't post a link to it.

um

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-Electricity-Electronics-Gibilisco/dp/0071377301

Which book?

I have the book The Age of Uncertainty by John Kenneth Galbraith. I bought it and read it in 1977. I think it is a great book and it still has the $15.95 price tag on it. The BOOK is bigger and weighs more than this computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCHHAFyp9I0

Hardcover books are commonly $25 these days.

But there was a television series that the book was made for. I hadn't seen it in 20 years. But now they can be downloaded and watched with that computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFUjYKTGHk

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics by Stan Gibilisco Is a little heavier than The Age of Uncertainty. It's a softcover but has almost twice as many pages. But I also have an electronic version of it loaded on the Sylvania. It takes up 7.1 megabytes. The computer could hold more than TWO HUNDRED BOOKS that size. The computer can accept a EIGHT GIGABYTE SD card and that can hold another 1100 BOOKS.

From a purely technological perspective books could be obsolete but it will be a long time before people give up the habit.

The problem is what to load on the computers and kids getting their elders to stop pushing books instead of computers.um

I think you are taking a extreme view of what my intent was.

I hope the elders never stop pushing books.

I think you are taking a extreme view of what my intent was.

I hope the elders never stop pushing books.

At this very moment I am playing back the first episode of The Age of Uncertainty on the CVS Sylvania. Since I am not aware of there being an electronic version of the book I certainly have no objection to the book. But if there were an electronic versionI would say, "Why bother with the paper book?"

What matters is getting good information and ideas into kid's heads. Books and computers are simply possible means. If there was something better than computers I would be in favor of that. To me books are just another technology and computers can simply do everything books can do and more.

14 SD cards weigh ONE OUNCE and each can hold 1000 or more books. So the equivalent of 14,000 books with the computer would weigh less then TWO POUNDS. But watch grade school kids going to school with those huge back packs. That is EDUCATION. LOL

The problem is selecting the MASSIVE amount of information that can be put into these incredibly inexpensive computers. They can be loaded with massive amounts of games and other worthless garbage.

The thing about Galbraith's Age of Uncertainty is no mention of Peak Oil and none of Global Warming so we are now operating at a higher level of UNCERTAINTY than in 1977. But now we have a new method of increasing the knowledge of individuals but is that a new factor of uncertainty. Do some people want other people kept ignorant?

um

PS - Maybe I am just extreme about what I think can be done with computers but the fact is no one really knows. We don't know how to best use them and adjust them for individual children.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back