Black Education / Schools : What do you care about Public Schools? Lets watch them Fail.

The government has set up the public education system to dumb us down

So what has there been to stop us from bypassing and short-circuiting their social engineering systems by sharing knowledge of good books?

But we are more stingy with knowledge than the palefaces. The strangest thing is when people look at you like you are crazy when you try to tell them about a good book. I spent 4 months trying to get a Black woman that was manager of a library to get that electronics book.

um

I should be over 25 now.

With Solve Elec you can :
- draw and analyze electrical circuits functioning in direct or alternating current
- get literal formulas and values for current intensities and voltages defined in the circuit.
- verify circuit related equations.
- draw graphs.
- get the equivalent circuit of displayed circuit
- browse an integrated documentation
- edit, save and print reports made of various elements displayed in main window

New in version 2.5 :
- analysis of circuits in AC
- oscilloscope
- filter analysis
- formulas and values of transfer functions
- frequency response graphs

http://www.physicsbox.com/indexsolveelec2en.html

Black Science Fiction Society
Sign In to BlackScienceFictionSociety - BlackScienceFictionSociety

um

I bought one of the $99 smartbooks from CVS yesterday. Don’t expect support from CVS employees. ROFL

This device does not run Intel code because it has an ARM processor. But it is twice as fast as the ARM processor in my Archos PMA400. I wish it could dual boot the Linux Operating System on my Archos though. The speakers suck. My OLPC is louder and it doesn’t exactly blow any doors off. But it can play Flash Videos and my Archos cannot. One episode of Stargate Atlantis is about 100 megabytes. So theoretically all 78 episodes of the Original Star Trek could fit on one 8 gig SD card.

The keyboard is better for typing than the OLPC but you better not spill your Coke on it. That would not kill an OLPC but it would probably kill one of these.

The USB ports are all 1.1s though. It took about a minute to download 500 meg of video from my desktop to a USB stick but 6 1/2 minutes to upload it from the back and side USB ports of the Sylvania. So if you want to plug a hard drive into this it is going to be SLOW.

I have not gotten the wireless working but my OLPC connects just fine. But no one talks about using this as a book reader. Download text files from Project Gutenberg and read them with Wordpad in whatever font and size you want. It is worth the $100 if you use it for what it can do. If you expect it to be a $300 netbook then you better come up with the other $200.

The iPad doesn't have USB ports by the way. How odd!

I am using it to listen to an audiobook right now. If the recording is at maximum it is not too bad. But it does not have a programming environment. I am looking for a programming language now. But properly used I don't see how a grade school kid could learn as much with this as by having a more expensive computer. It is that old computer envy and status game nonsense that could be a problem.

um

This thread was influenced by Sister Medusanegrita. She is right there is not much discussion on the public school...Why is that? Does no one care?

Public schools are closing everywhere, all over the country. Teachers are on strike, budget cuts, classes are jammed packed with kids, and too many days off.

Kids are literally being pumped out of schools. Children who still have not received the full amount of credits required to graduate are still receiving their high school diplomas.

Teachers being hired don't even have the proper degrees to teach.

Books are not up-to-date. And school programs such as, after school programs, sports, music classes are being cut.

Teachers and parents have little interaction or involvement with each other to discuss the needs for the students.

I can say from my own experiences in being enrolled in Private School and Public schools there is a HUGE difference in the education system.

For one obvious reason, money.

Private schools are funded individual. Tuition that is paid for that student goes directly into the school the child is attending. The parent sees where the tuition is going.

Public schools funding comes from tax payers and is widely distributed through out the state to ALL the public schools. However, one may not see where this money is going. A small example would be like having 20 people and having $1000 and dividing it 20 ways. Still not enough money.

The problem is that not everyone can afford Private schools. But what if it was required that Parents would have to pay some monetary amount to the school their child attended each year? It would go directly to that school. State Taxes would still go to Teachers, but the rest would be towards school supplies, books, food, programs.

I'm just throwing some suggestions out there.

What are some of yours?
This thing called social networking must be utilized to spread methodologies of political activity from state to state,
to form some consensus activity, to create a grassroots process

of message of collective outrage, in order to turn this mess aound

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

She cared, Barbara Sizemore:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19936-2004Jul27.html

What do you care about Public Schools? Lets watch them Fail....hopefully, there are other Barbara Sizmore(s) out there

This thread was influenced by Sister Medusanegrita. She is right there is not much discussion on the public school...Why is that? Does no one care?

Public schools are closing everywhere, all over the country. Teachers are on strike, budget cuts, classes are jammed packed with kids, and too many days off.

Kids are literally being pumped out of schools. Children who still have not received the full amount of credits required to graduate are still receiving their high school diplomas.

Teachers being hired don't even have the proper degrees to teach.

Books are not up-to-date. And school programs such as, after school programs, sports, music classes are being cut.

Teachers and parents have little interaction or involvement with each other to discuss the needs for the students.

I can say from my own experiences in being enrolled in Private School and Public schools there is a HUGE difference in the education system.

For one obvious reason, money.

Private schools are funded individual. Tuition that is paid for that student goes directly into the school the child is attending. The parent sees where the tuition is going.

Public schools funding comes from tax payers and is widely distributed through out the state to ALL the public schools. However, one may not see where this money is going. A small example would be like having 20 people and having $1000 and dividing it 20 ways. Still not enough money.

The problem is that not everyone can afford Private schools. But what if it was required that Parents would have to pay some monetary amount to the school their child attended each year? It would go directly to that school. State Taxes would still go to Teachers, but the rest would be towards school supplies, books, food, programs.

I'm just throwing some suggestions out there.

What are some of yours?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back