Black People : What do we Ultimately and Collectively Want?

EVERYONE WANTS

Everyone (regardless of color, creed, or race) wants LOVE, PEACE, AND HAPPINESS.

However, some people will settle for power and/or influence BECAUSE they lack one or all of the ultimate goals. Our ignorance about how to achieve these goals cause all of the problems in the world.

As for my educated guess about how to achieve these.... I would have to say it is close to the buddhist theory of UNSELFISHNESS. Religion (in most cases) is contrary to being unselfish. So, that is DEFINATELY not the answer. We are selfish by nature but have the ability to learn that this selfishness is the cause for our own lack of love, peace, and happiness. I realize that this is a daunting if not impossible task. But, those of us who have learned this lesson are infinately more happy, loved, at peace, and subsequently complete than those who have not.

peace

40 acres and a mule

We are still waiting for them to do something for us. I want us to stop waiting on them. That is what I want to be what our mouths say we are! This mentally is killing me every time I look some one is waiting on they check"man bro when we get these repriations I am gonna blah blah blah" I also want us to agree on something then our new nimorod for this current cycle of chemical change will reveal her/himself
Hotep

mazimtaim said:
I can't argue with you anymore. You ask about a "Black" collective. I tell you "Blacks" essentially want what "Whites" have.

Individuality.

Why is this so hard about an issue that is so simple?
I really didn't realize we were arguing. I am not even sure I dissagree with you...I was just trying to get a clearification.

So, at the risk of sounding argumentative, what do "whites" have?

That question was the first thought that came to mind when reading your point that we want what "whites" have......

I am not a rich man, but I know many many whites that would want what I have..... Even if it meant they had to be black to get it.......And I am not just speaking of material possessions....I am speaking of quality of life issues such as a rock solid 22 year stable marriage, a career that I love, a supportive family, children who are stable and happy....etc....so...that being said...I know many many whites that I don't want anything they have....

There are a lot of "Ate up" white people out there. In fact, numerically, there are more "Ate up" white people then there are "Ate up" blacks.

So, what do "whites" have?
again, I really, am not trying to be argumentative.

Blackbird said:
Honestly, I don't know what we want. We are a house divided, with differing objectives, loyalties, goals and overall agendas.

Blackbird

This is the post that says it all. We want what "Whites" already have. The ability to have different objectives, loyalties, and overall agendas.

But we can't.

We are "Black" folk.

We are the underclass.

So we must find a way to find consensus to change all of this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back