Black People : What do we Ultimately and Collectively Want?

This is not all that hard. The complexity is in finding a way to get to the goal. Somehow, someway, the courage must present itself to look at different perspectives. "Whites" just don't have all the answers. Indeed, they do not even have most.

"Let me be a free man; free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I chose, free to chose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to trade and think and act for myself, and I will obey every law or submit to the penalty."

Chief Joseph (1840 - 1904)

omowalejabali said:
Quite frankly, I support the idea of reparations but am not planning on staying around to depend on the us government or economy to finance me or waiting around for the Big Payback.

I'm divesting myself from this system and making plans on "repatriating" to South Africa, Ghana, Kenya or Ethiopia.

Im not trying to convince anyone that they are brainwashed either. If this system is working for you, the more power to you. Im working on joining some of my friends in re-constructing Afrika.

Peace.

Sounds like you know what you ultimately want. I applaud that.

I also appreciate that you are not trying to convince anyone that they are brainwashed either....because I, like many other blacks I know, am perfectly happy here in the U.S. I have no intentions of "repatriating" to anywhere else in the world.

Therefore, insomuch as a collective is concerned...it would appear that we would have different overall objectives. It might be a case of what do those who want to stay in America want and what do those who want to leave want.

I was watching a youtube video of news footage from Kenya a week or so ago and say Kenyan police officers openly beating the daylights our of numerous Kenyans.....talk about police brutality...these boys would make Rodney Kings beat down look like love taps. Furthermore, these police officers could care less about the cameras taking footage of this atrocity.

I am sure there are some good things going on in Kenya, but just that this type of thing could even occur makes me cring....this was worse than the treatment the civil rights workers endured. For me, repatriating, is not in the cards.

mazimtaim said:
This is not all that hard. The complexity is in finding a way to get to the goal. Somehow, someway, the courage must present itself to look at different perspectives. "Whites" just don't have all the answers. Indeed, they do not even have most.

"Let me be a free man; free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I chose, free to chose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to trade and think and act for myself, and I will obey every law or submit to the penalty."

Chief Joseph (1840 - 1904)
OK, so what is the goal??? If you are refering to the quote from Chief Joseph, we have all of that today...you and I both have all of that....does this mean we have arrived?

Respectfully

Natinr said:
you know in the south we used to have a saying, "Make it Plain"
so could you kindly break that down so bro and sis in the PJs can understand that?

1)What part did you not understand?

2) What parts do you think Bro's and Sistas in the PJ's don't understand?

This would help me (being i had no *particular* audience in mind ....I just say my piece) filter it out a little better to meet your (A diplomat of the people in the PJ's) criteria.

excel10k said:
OK, so what is the goal??? If you are refering to the quote from Chief Joseph, we have all of that today...you and I both have all of that....does this mean we have arrived?

I can't argue with you anymore. You ask about a "Black" collective. I tell you "Blacks" essentially want what "Whites" have.

Individuality.

Why is this so hard about an issue that is so simple?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back