Black Spirituality Religion : What do we teach our children?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by emanuel goodman, Sep 9, 2006.

1. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    I was just wondering how any one is approaching the content of the information that has currently be revealed in ones life over the last 10 or fifteen years. I am speaking those who may no that allot of the things that we learned in school and about spiritualitly was incorrect especially regarding who we are and our orgin. MY wife was concerned about me contradicting what they were teaching my son thus causing him to get failing grades because of contradicting information
    regarding subject matter. I became very upset with the fact that i would have to not share things with him that i greatly needed at his age so he could score high on test devised by them. So he can succed in this society. I Was wondering how any one else approaches this situation.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    (DELETED POST)

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Alot of information and books my daughter skims through them at times.
    I think to myself ,my baby is still singing jesus loves me.
    She's ten and I think that she should find out when she's older.
    I don't want to confuse her with what she has already been taught.
    I'm learning myself so I don't want to misinform her.

4. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can only teach the Children what you Know*

Hotep

One thing that the Slave Masters learn early on in the process of de-humanizing the African...was that after teaching the parents and espishly the Black Woman...was that she would do the job herself of making her own child a Slave for the Master or Masa. This is still true today...we are only three or four generations from Slavery that just ended in 1865...141 years ago. What do we know or better yet...what do we want to know different from what we learn from our slave parents who were tought to not stick togeather and not to trust any other Black??? We have learn very little.

1.) We still have the same Slave names and are the only people on the Planet Earth doing that.
    2.) We still don't trust each other, support each other, help each other, love each other etc.
    3.) We still mostly love, follow, imitate the slave master in every thing we do and say...just like the Slaves we are and don't know that we are.
    4.) We have become Europianized Negros who love Europe more than Africa
    5.) We are all absolutely Lost in Euro-Biblical Myths Concocted by Europians to Control our African Minds.
    6.) We still eat the same "Poison Death" that we Foolishly call "Soul-Food" that is still Killing us by the Thousands.
    7.) We Still Don't Know Who We Are As A People!

We must take this life very, very, very seriously at all times...finding humor in the Truth and not in Foolishness and Ignorance as we have been use to doing because we don't know any better as of yet. Re-Educate ourselves in the Knowledge that will cause us to love ourselves and be our Black African Selves no matter what White Folks like, say, do, dis-like and toatly break Free of all Oppression from them once and for All..."African-Liberation" from the "System of White Superimacy" for ever and Eternity.........and Know Thy Self
    If we don't do these things...we can only teach the Children what we don't know but do know how to be a Slave and a Negro who only know how to make White Folk Happy.

Ase`

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Everytime I read your replies I'm speechless and silent in thought!
    You're deep!

6. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

The time is now for a universal docturine. I agree with you broher i wrote a post that would indentify with getting the economical funds through the creation of a kemitic bank. We have several nubians in this nation who are now in the know but are they ready to stand up for the mental stabilty of thier children? We have indentified the problem and know of a soultion are we going to just stand around like our ancestors after the civil war.? wadu hotep brother

7. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    A difficult question.

As long as we allow [our enemies, and a diverse range of other ethnicities to have input and major control of our Education system] this situation to persist, as an ethnic group we will continue to be in chaos.

From a pragmatic perspective at our supplemental school [on Saturdays] we advise that our children go along with the LIES they are told with regard to history etc, because we want them to get good grades within the system, because there is no advantage to them confronting the system with what they now KNOW.

The difficulties of feeding this uplifting information into children is very real, however we must overcome them; as I cant help but feel resentful of the fact that with over 20 years of study I (can you do any better?) still struggle to name 10 African monarchs, whereas I can name more than 30 European ones without thinking (because they were ingested in my early years and I literally cannot get rid of them without going mad).

We Africans (as opposed to the many lost baffled and confused Coloureds/Negroes/Blacks in the USA the rest of the Diaspora and even Africa) have the information from our own scholars, now we must take the responsibility for teaching the truth (of African contributions to Civilisation past and present) to our community, thus administering our own post-traumatic stress therapy to attack this self-hatred and all the other socio-economic dysfunction we suffer from at source.

Escapism is a very necessary form of relaxation (but reading matter is a method of both exercising and programming the brain), however there is a mountain of useful information that we need to ingest and digest if we’re going to deduce how to constructively develop ourselves and our communities in the 21st century.

The Destruction of African Civilisation (Chancellor Williams), and Blacks in Science (Ancient & Modern), They Came before Columbus (Ivan van Sertima), The Maroon Within (Asa G Hilliard III) and the Browder Files I & II and Nile Valley contributions to Civilisation (Anthony T Browder) are all interesting and uplifting books.

The intellectual heavyweights can attempt Dr Frances Cress Welsing’s book The Isis Papers-The Key to the Colours, which is an in depth analysis of Racism and White Supremacy and all the relevant Symbols that pervade every aspect of our lives. She literally puts forward a program at the end of the book as to how to limit the damage done to us collectively as we attempt to survive in this blatantly hostile White Supremacist Racist environment.

Yurugu [An African Centred Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behaviour] by Marimba Ani is the ultimately rigorous Spiritual and Intellectual workout, which literally leaves no stone unturned in it microscopic examination of Caucasians and their psyche. Have any of you guys read Yurugu, it is truly superb?

Yurugu-as defined by the Dogon of Mali=a being born prematurely without his female twin-soul. Realising that he was flawed and therefore deficient, forever incomplete, who was and is doomed to perpetually search for completeness that could never be his. How do they know so much about Silva/Stamfordrocks and his ilk [all the other Caucasian BATTERING RAMS on the Internet especially BV posing as Africans]?

Anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed is graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE!
    [HASTY my alter ego]!

8. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

9. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    A strenous but worthwhile read.

Yurugu [An African Centred Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behaviour] by Marimba Ani is the ultimately rigorous Spiritual and Intellectual workout, which literally leaves no stone unturned in it microscopic examination of Caucasians and their psyche. Have any of you guys read Yurugu, it is truly superb?

Yurugu-as defined by the Dogon of Mali=a being born prematurely without his female twin-soul. Realising that he was flawed and therefore deficient, forever incomplete, who was and is doomed to perpetually search for completeness that could never be his. How do they know so much about Silva/Stamfordrocks and his ilk [all the other Caucasian BATTERING RAMS on the Internet especially BV posing as Africans]? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I have not read Yurugu brother i am headed to the bookstore today good looking out fam! wadu hotep brother. I agree with your post as well any input on how we start our newest vibration for change?[/QUOTE]

The problem Africans in Africa, the USA (where few Blacks/Negroes even realise they are AFRICAN) and the rest of the Diaspora have is that we allow other ethnicities (especially White Supremacist Racist Caucasians); to decide which of us are going to be talented and creative enough to form our intelligentsia/elite.

Thus we consistently end up with very easily factually, intellectually and spiritually challenged Negroes/Blacks (as opposed to truly free thinking Africans) who are both unwilling and incapable of leading our communities constructively.

Many of them are selfish Sellouts as highlighted by the fact that our [Boule/Black Greek dominated] lobby is easily the most inept in the USA, especially in comparison to the Jews, Italians, Greeks etc) in this extremely hostile environment; which is one of the reasons they are allowed (or even promoted as role models) to be materially successful by the White Supremacist Racist Establishment.

The reason we were (enslaved) ripped out of Africa and spread throughout the Diaspora (including the USA) was and is to make sure that we don’t have our own cultural and political infra-structure to support and enhance; which would also function as a means of protecting us both individually and en masse.

The Asian Japanese, Chinese, and Indians have secured their ancestral homelands with even their communities in the Diaspora consistently outperforming ours; but Africans in Africa and the Diaspora including the USA are still in turmoil, and will not be respected until we organise ourselves intelligently by creating [or transforming the dysfunctional AUTOMATONS we'e currently afflicted with] an intelligently functional elite to lead and protect us in this increasingly hostile environment.

Anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed is graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE!
    [HASTY my alter ego]!
    [/QUOTE