Black History Culture : What Do We See? Black and White

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by PLATINUMILLITY1, Mar 18, 2008.

?

What do you see, Looking at people

1. Black or White

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I see race...

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I just see plain ol' People!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It takes time...

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I see Black or White...

I see race....

I just see plain ol' people...

I see with time...

When we look at one another......?

What type of people do we see when we look at a BLACK person?

WHat do we se when we see a WHITE person?

When we Look at the person is all we see Black or White?

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Why can't I choose more than one at the same time?

There are only three basic categories of people in the known universe AS A RESULT of the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) being in place;

White People
    Non-White People
    Racists (White Supremacists)

Not all white people are racists (white supremacists) but you do have to be a white person in order t obe a racists (white supremacist). This is a choice that white people make, tp participate in a SYSTEM that was in place when they were born or to participate in replacing the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice. Justice meaning guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Listen Sis;

I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but "every white person born is a racist whether they know it or not. They were born into a system of global white supremacy. From birth their education in school is racist. The books they study from are racist. Their religious books are racist. Their socialization is racist. Their banking and housing and judicial system is racist. So from a subconscious perspective they are racist. They may never call a black person the "N" word or try and even mis-treat a black person or other person of color...but every perception, thought process and perspective has been ingrained with racism from the time they were born. This is a difficult hurdle to overcome.

Are there any good white people? Yes there is. Once they become aware that they are in a system of white supremacy or human inequity the good white people move against it, speak against it and do whatever they can to go the other way. Any so called good white person that is aware of this reality and does nothing, says nothing or continues to act as if everything is alright then qualifies as a bad white person....simply because they did or said nothing.

This is the same as me being a good person...but if I should see someone mis-treating a child on the street or see one running out in the street where traffic is abundant and I walk past it with the thought in my head "oh well, that ain't my child"....I then qualify as a bad person simply because I said or did nothing. Do you understand what I am saying? So when someone tells me about good white people, they got to show me. Yeah, I know one or two...but the ones that I know are socially and legally involved in moving against the very structure of the system at hand that belongs to their people.

In psychiatry we are taught that no answer is an answer...think about that as you look at the thread you started here.

Peace and love always in all ways !!

4. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Ain't no good people on this planet. Good people practice justice. You can't good people in an unjust situation. And you can't haqve justice and injustice in the same universe at the same time. So if you want to be a good person you gonna hafta produce justice and by so doing you will eliminate non-justice.

5. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    Excellent posts Brother Williams, Brother Keita, I know I should have typed nothing but I had to support the flow. Your words say it all...sister remember as "long as racism exists anything said or done by people that is not intended to eliminate racism and to help produce justice is a waste of time" Neely Fuller!:em2300:

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    I appreciate ALL of the Input.. could not quote JUST one...
    Brother Edward-Regarding your 1st Post-It is Funny that you mentioned multiple choice because I dabbled if I should....But then I thought...Maybethe FIRST thing that comes to mind should be the answer...

Becoming a Good person DOES take practice(I know ALL about it) But that is because it is So easy to NOT be a good person(especially in today's day) It's like a peer pressure....
    If EVERYONE"S drinking who are you to NOT drink....and that is a Victimized thought.....The Power comes from NOT DRINKING.....95% of people go ahead and take the drink.....
    I have be practicing to NOT....Literally.

Brother Keita- YES.....and YES......It is a Very sad truth...that I am Happy to say I at least am Aware of.
    My reasons for asking these questions is because I DO know this Fact....and I have to say I do not hold them(Caucasians)Accountable....Imean Now-a-days
    I hold them accountable for their words...but not for being racist when they grow up "Knowing" they are Superior....at least they are taught that;)
    I had the privilege of being educated by Majority Caucasian teachers.......Needless to say they were not educating on Black history......smh
    Anyway, I ask these questions because they ARE racist an I feel that it Takes a BLACK person to call them selves a Proper African American for some way to be made
    Race is a Background of Descent...
    For me....if we are going to continue to say Black and White....we are not REALLY concerned with these Racial issues.....BECAUSE we continue to refer to each other through Colors.....
    By us referring to ourselves as Black people
    We allow "White" people to strip us......also to cower away form the truth....
    I have referred to myself as Black for a long time...so I also know what that mean
    But now...I understand the PURPOSE of Being AFRICAN Descended.
    It rolls two ways because people are ALWAYS trying to be "Black"...But that is furthering the Ignorant path we are already sailing to.....
    Only a True Some can be African Descended....African American.....and I also feel we NEED to re-Establish our relationship with ROOTS
    Self hate is fueled by not Knowing what roots you have, there fore not knowing where to place yourself, therefore instilling jealousy for the OTHERS who ALWAYS know Where they ARE from.

WOW......I have to say I do feel special:D You and Brother Edward Williams Checking out my thread Makes me feel like I said something Intriguing You to reply-Much love and Blessings
    Poetry throwdown is Beginning so I will be right back! :run:
    I appreciate you Brother Prizmm

7. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thank you madam for posting the thread. Incidentally, my first post was my first thought.

8. PLATINUMILLITY1

Ratings:
    +38
    Thank You For Participating and sharing your thoughts:em3200: