Black Women : what do we expect from white women

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Chesney, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Chesney

Chesney Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a white female in my 40s who lives in the south. I am a wedding photographer. In the last few months I have shot severals weddings for some very lovely women who happen to be black. I have so enjoyed working with these women and to be quite honest I would like to do more. I have not had the opportunity to get to know any women who happen to be black until now. I absolutely do not want to sound racial or improper. I am at a loss as whats ok to say and not to say. What I mean is that I have noticed some very interesting, positive and pleasant cultural differences. I would like to comment on them and ask questions but I am very afraid to offend. I would also like to know how to advertise specifically to attract more of these clients but again I do not want to offend by asking. I would also like to know what to do to suit my business to be more accommodating to african american women. I am generally very easy to get along with and pretty easy going. I try to be careful and considerate with my friends and clients. It would not offend me to be asked about something that I did simply because I am of a different race than someone else. But I don't know that others feel that way.

I would appreciate any advice on these matters. I want to be respectful and friendly and I would truly like to know how to move forward in both personal and professional relationships.