Black Men : What do we carry or offer

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by $$RICH$$, Aug 15, 2011.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    As blackmen what positive motive do we have or can share that can help
    defind our reason and future in life , what do we offer each other that's
    positive and bondable.??

Can we as men share a common ground even if we don't share the same
    belief or have the same consciousness but a motivation for bring us together
    for the sake of our women/children and the future of our poor economics
    Can we become blackmen jointly to a survival point where we don't sit back
    and watch our own go into starvation / homeless and helpless ???

What positive way can we become ready for this to survive ?

What i'm seeking is log on what positive things as blackmen we all can share
    and be more agreeable on then the do it my way, or it won't work style !

we today are facing some dreadful crises, crucial or decisive point or situation
    to a turning point. An unstable condition, as in political, social, or economic affairs
    what motivation can we share to war off some of these problems.

Help me if you will !

2. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    I would say sometimes we need to loose the quick emotional responses. To be there for those of us who suffer. To assist our people when they fall short, remembering we all have a past we are not very proud of. Empathy.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

The purpose of a 'father' is to give knowldge to his seeds so they can take it and go fa R ther with it....It is to prepare his seeds for what is to come and the knowledge to get thru it in his absence and continue the cycle of teaching future generations.

It is the same when it comes to sharing with each other. We all have some knowledge that we can share and a level of understanding of that knowledge. Will you be able to hear me when it's my turn to speak after i listen to you? This is the problem i see going on in the streets where i live. A person (total stranger) will walk up to you with a sinister like grin and then try to push whatever belief system they follow down your throat. Anyone who knows me knows that is not how to approach me at all....but at times i will stand there and listen, but when i go to say something they either try to talk over me, or what i said just went completely over their heads because they weren't listening to me in the first place because since they don't know me they feel i don't know anything and what i say is of no importance...

What i'm saying is that before this question can be asked about us sharing, you must first provide what you mean by 'sharing' especially if you are religious brother rich... because it seems that the definition of sharing is different to those who follow religions which is where i see, imho the major stumbling block to our unity is found most often.....

peace

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree we seem to jump fast without giving thought on the matter sometime
    this an area we need to work on to move forward smoothly.....Thankz

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree brother and sometime i ask myself why people do this , they come strong for
    you to hear them beyond what you have to say or respond .

Yes brother i would listen because it would be a learning experience or a general
    concept of knowledge see we forget to use observation of some things or from convo
    I've learned to gain through being involved or to exposure of what someone say.

My faith has allowed me to understand another belief / faith/ religion by accepting
    it to compare it to mines not to bring negativity but an positive out come because
    there is something in every belief that all religions share alike so i would never kick
    against or try to over shadow what a person faith is but respect it .

Our UNITY has always seem to be coming together but has yet get blocked by
    untrusting/belief and egos i've watched it first hand fall apart even by greed or
    someone as you said pushing there religion down brothers throat, so is there
    any way we can get pass these things , I know trust is earned not given but if
    we don't loose up some we will forever be in the mist of untrusting

I try to hold a motivation to share what i know and be encourage to learn what
    i lack and take it and try to help someone or bring us in by groups to empower
    our struggle and issues.......Thankz brother for bringing light !

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    I think we must first deal with the socioeconomic condition that now divide us,and not let it divide us. This condition continues to become more diverse. As the black middle class continues to separate itself geographically, and philosophically from the lowest income group;it will become more diversified/differentiated. We all have to fine a way to relate our ideologies across all lines. The young generation that is coming up is crafting it's own ideologies,styles,values, and goals.

Peace!

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Yes our youth are moving away from us and we truely need to reconnect and deal with these
    matters so we can bridge the gap between us so we all be together.............yes brother thank you!

8. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    well for one or for starters, reminding each other to read the label of just about everything we wear, or have inside our homes, what i mean is just being mindful of the items we use daily in our homes, the clothes we wear the blankets, towels, TV's, computers, lamps etc etc, and think of how much weve spent, and most importantly how many of these items were produced rather than purchased by black men and women. Ive done this assessment time and time again, the results?: made in honduras, taiwan, china,. . . . nothing from what i found comes from the company doors of black countries, nor folks!

why is this?!

I think that as far as working together for a -->and i hate to say it like this because it sounds so played out "common goal" *yuck*...we need to drop some of our egos, and all be not just leaders, but innovators in our own right realizing that just because someone introduces something better, doesnt n eccessarily mean our initial ideas are for nothing, but instead are building blocks and have their purpose inside, around, heck even underneath the structure ( The wise man built his house upon rock)

but anyway. . . for those who have so called "made it"? show me, us how you got there, teach us, and please be patient in explaining how you arrived to have success, be compassionate towards one another because often times just like with children if we arent careful --we try to motivate, but end up intimidating the one trying to pick up what we are laying down, leaving everybody frustrated...

9. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    What I was alluding to also was factoring in age. As you know,I came up in the Chi during the Civil Rights era. Our "quasi messiahs" were the Black Stone Rangers,Ali,MKL,X,WVON 1450,Black Panthers, and the brothers that just hung out,playing bones while sippin on that 5th. They were all black,spoke black,thought black. Many youths see that era as being ancient history and non-applicable in today's society. I was even told this by a member on this board that can't see the significance in the election of our president. So IMO,that is the problem. How do we,the Civil Rights/Black Power generation reach,and relate to the younger generation? Because their "quasi messiahs" are athletes, and entertainers;and they don't all speak black or are black.

When I say "speak black" I mean speak of the plight of the black race,impart knowledge concerning us,etc.

Peace!

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    O' i know what you mean , I'm right out the heart of it and yes i had great pleasure
    to talk to some panthers i was from the high flying fist of black power

Today our youth don't speak black that will relate to us, but to the self pride of there
    own mission , some understand our movement but won't move in that direction, why
    they think and feel it's pointless and ask how many of us still moving or are we just looking
    for them to do it........I've related to many youth in da hood reach out

How do we reconnect with these guys .......Good question to brainstorm on this why
    we are in a greater need to come together collectively to answer questions like this

we truely have a long way to go before we can say we ready