Black People : What Do We AGREE On?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

We spend so much time discussing the things we don't agree on. Oftentimes trying to gently encourage each other to think like we do, enlighten them, etc. I thought it would be interesting to approach this effort (unity) from the opposite direction.

What do we agree on?

Can you share something that you think the majority of Black Folk agree with?

Looking forward to this positive, uplifting discussion! :wink:

Thanks in advance Family.

:heart:

Destee

2. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What Do We Agree On ?

:thinking: There is Good & Bad, Negative & Positive energy, that is the natural order of things. The only thing that appears to be Neutral is Stag-nation. Water,.. in spritual language (Means) is "Knowlege". Water that is stagnate always breeds undesireable elements such as disease, mosequitos and other unhealthy things in nature. We do as black folks (African-Americans), from East coast to West coast agree mostly on things that don't do us any Good, except provide for the ones who participate in Sport,Play,Pomp and Glitter large sums of Money and Income. Take-ing our youth into concideration, Hip-Hop, Brand Name Clothing, Style of Clothing and Dress, We like the same kinds of Cars w/rims and (((BOOM))) experience, Basket Ball, Foot Ball, and of course Dance-ing, ect. Other things we agree with, is Slang-Talk; Without going any further with these comparisens, we (African-American-Youth) are "almost" totaly United on these things. I submit to you at this point, that what we call "HIp-Hop" is the play-ground of a new and powerful mind set in America and has influnced the Youth (Young-People) all around the "World". Music is one (1) of the Sciences of (Control) ruler-ship, and this is the reason why there is such a massive move by the "Cyndicated Media" to take and mantain total control of this important and powerful "Force". Although there are some exceptions, Largly,..We don't agree on "UNITY" as a people and until we do we will suffer, suffer and Struggle. Why are we in a "Struggle"?? Answer: No (Black-Folk) Unity or (((Real-Agreement))),......Brothers and Sisters.

Sincerely

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    After reading this question several times, I thought to myself that Destee probably feels we don't agree on much...Destee, when you ask, what do "we" agree on, do you mean "we" as in the Destee community, or "we" Black folks in general. I think that "we" here in the Destee community enjoy sharing, being inspired by and appreciating, for the most part anyway, other Black people. There are those in the communities at large, that don't even want that. So, I would say that "we" here, anyway, appreciate the gifted and intelligient members that can be found in this house. I believe that "we" feel that everyone here possesses some kind of talent, a helpful hand, a kindred spirit, or, yes, brilliance. I'm pretty sure, everyone here can agree upon that...

4. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    i agree with watz about the destee.com (see we agree :hi: )
    within the larger community i think we all agree that we are of color
    and that we must wear clothes when we go outside and on some music..i think we all agree on stevie wonder and marvin gaye (among others) and that whether we like him or not some michael jackson music will get us all up dancing, regardless of our ages.
    i think we all agree on the concept of respect (even tho we might define it diffrently)..
    just a sampling...i aawait others who will help me think of more things we agree on...
    and most of al i think we all agree on you sista destee.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Agreements:

James Brown is the Godfather of Soul
    Elvis was not the King of Rock and Roll

Queenie :dance1:

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    So Much..

We agree we need more unity. We agree that family is important. We also agree that the institutions we need are fragmented and need fixing. Those here are dedicated to doing something different to solve individual issues. We even agree we can come together eventually to shine towards the world this light we have here, that will garner more unity. Drawing others together across this land. We are coast to coast. It’s time to go national. We are agreeing that this community needs to survive. To continue to offer what keeps us alive. A sharing a caring place to be. Sharing memories and Unity.

7. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

I AGREE with THAT!!!!

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    We AGREE on the fact that we are all Children of God don't we?

Cedric Denson

9. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    i hope we do...

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    mOORFIUS, GREAT POST!

One thing, however, troubles me, and that is where you said the mass media has sought to take control of HipHop... This may well be the case, but not without our complicity... In other words, with so many of our youth willing to share all the family secrets with the enemy, the enemy never has to work very hard to KNOW how to take control... In fact, he aint gotta TAKE nothin'... We so busy GIVIN' it to him... Russell Simmons is the CLASSIC example of this...

You know, when Jazz began to exert control over popular music in the '20's, '30's, and '40's, African musicians would only share with White musicians what they'd already thrown away... They knew that the new ISH was what would keep them economically viable and indispensable in a world so rapacious to exploit Black creativity... Young African folk think they live in a different world... Just wait until Eminem - whom Dr. Dre opened the door for - gets through making a mockery of Black Creativity... When will we ever learn???

Destee, in answer to your question: nuffin'...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

Peace!
    Isaiah