Black People : What do John Kerry and George Bush have in common/more than you think

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MississippiRed, Sep 26, 2004.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    After looking at Destee's threads about old Gdub and one other thread by Aqil I got in the political spirit....I see so many of my people surrounding John Kerry like he is the best thing since sliced bread and freedom...but is it true....we seem to like to throw our weight behind the Democrats but many times they are of the same mold as the Republican they are running against this is one of those times..please check out this link...it has an interesting article about something Kerry and Bush share besides both being liars and have monetary worth that's in the millions. enjoy

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/23/0445212

Mississippi Red

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Thank you Brother Mississippi Red for keeping us focused and our minds clear as we quickly approach the November elections. I don't need to read that article to tell you that I don't trust either of these party "leaders", I don't believe they represent my best interests or the interests of the majority of Black people. I certainly don't think either cares about anything or anyone unless they can do something to fatten up their wallets and yield them more political clout. As far as I'm concerned, Bush/Kerry are in the same fraternity--the 'good ole boys' clan.

Talk about a struggle with internal conflict, this is a prime example of frustration caused whenever you must consider the choices and select the lesser of what you think are among the two "evils". Should I vote or should I not vote? This is the question that so many of us constantly ask. To not vote is said to be a "slap in the face" to our ancestors who struggled, fought and died just so we could have equal rights as citizens to participate in elections. To vote....well, what choices do you have to choose from and more importantly, what have Black people in America done to GROOM our own to get elected to political offices that COULD do us more good than what we've gotten or are going to get from the ole boys?

Talk about honesty and integrity...not to mention hypocrisy. Is there something wrong with voting for someone who you don't trust or believe in just to get rid of someone you don't trust or believe in?

Queenie :spinstar:

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    NNQueen this has been an issue of mine since I was old enough to vote....who to vote for...the one that lies to me and stabs me in the back or the one that stabs me in the back and lies to me....same outcome different order of doing it....I have a very hard time voting for a man simply because I believe that he may not be as bad as the man he's replacing especially when for the most part they are very close in their social status, education, mindframe and such ...ofay has always said that we all look alike well to me they all act alike..I dont' care what they say in public or when we're standing there it's what they do and say when we are gone.......and what can we do to prepare some of our own to get into a position to take major offices...one of the problems is a lot of our people get into the system and then become the system...you know When in Rome......I know in the town I'm from there have been some Black politicians and we helped put them there but when they got into office ..into the system we were forgotten.....the political system of America is a monster changing the purest most sincere of men into dirty lying dogs.......with the bush kerry thing....I really don't know lesser of two evils is the only thing we really have to go on..at least from my perspective...to me they're both no good and neither of them give a rats arse about us in any way shape or form.....except to get our votes ...

Mississippi Red

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    JOHN KERRY VOTED 4 THE WAR. JOHN KERRY A TYPICAL DEM WHO WANTS IT BOTH WAYS. HE FINDS IT NECESSARY TO TALK ABOUT HOW HE WILL KILL THE TERRORISTS JUST SO HE CAN SOUND TOUGH LIKE THT pUNK G DUMBYA.HE DOES NOT HVE THE BEST INTEREST OF AMERIKKKA AT HEART LET ALONE AFRIKAN A-MERRYCONS. NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THIS COUNTRY 4 CENTURIES UPON CENTURIES , G. DUMBYA IS A PIECE OF TRASH, CLINTON IS A PIECE OF TRASH, REAGAN ...THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH.

5. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    They both full of it!!!!!

But we need Bush out the office....and we really only got two to pick from

QQ Bush QQ Kerry hmmmmm and i aint voting for Bush......

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You all can criticize me as much as you want to when I say this, but I think:

PEOPLE DO NOT WANT KERRY IN OFFICE, THEY JUST WANT BUSH OUT!

There, I said it.

And why did voters vote for Bush in the First Place?

Cedric Denson

7. deb0

deb0 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Cedric sum'd it up perfectly; We just want Bush out. They both are bad choices. At least the democratic platform is (ideally) more favorable,or shoud I say less destructive to blacks than the republican platform.

Bush showed his true colors at the debate; that a nice suit can't hide the fact that he's like the typical whitey we have to deal with and overcome everyday of our lives; ignorant, selfish, stubborn, stupid, unwilling to admit to mistakes, narrow minded, and bigoted. The funny thing is Bush was exposed in a debate that heavily favored the kind of person he is (thank his lawyers for that). Bush is a redneck, longing for the days of yesteryear, when blacks were too unempowered to even go to school, let alone build an awesome online community such as destee.com and many others.

The fact that many of us, bear the greater burdern during a republican presidential term, is good enough reason to fire him come November. Blacks, hell America cannot afford another 4 years of the Bush Doctrine.

'Regime Change in 04