Black People : What Do I Owe Myself: What Do I 'Owe' You Too?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Jul 9, 2012.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Let me make it clear that what I call this newfound notion of 'blackness', i. e., which presumes and assumes we're all the same, just because we are of the same ethnic/racial background, is the most simplistic take I've ever come across, whereas cultures reflect something way deeper than uniting on the basis of biology etc.

Instead, in times like these, it tends to be individual takes and/or the fads/trends/etc. of the day, which others use (or misuse) to decide who they can and should be loyal to...

So, if it is indeed a "what's in this for me?" perspective, and somebody doesn't feel or think they owe me anything, that also works both ways...

I define the word 'culture' in terms of both what I help to contribute (to perserving it) as well as how it helps me to survive...

So just calling some of today's media hyped crap our own doesn't change the fact we have little or no sayso over it's contact...

Let's do get back being our natural selves...

Otherwise we're trying to measure up to somebody else's standards...

FYI...

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Why did I feel and think a need and want to start this thread:

When one is being too general and vague, that does and has bred the worst sort of opportunism, and those opportunists (regardless of their lack of merits/true loyalty to me and mine, not only do expect us to come to their aid: Also dare to meddle in my and our business...It is the "you're all just alike" but I'm not and behind a black mask)...

Instead the aformentioned tend to be some of the most blatant exploiters in our midst and potential minions for our enemies...

My and the point:

Yes...

Idealized takes have their place...

But...

Let us never lose touch with reality...

Others outside of these sort of forums are starting to...

FYI...