Black People : What do black people think of asians (chinese in particular)?

UP UNTIL THIS YEAR , I HAD PLANNED ON VISITING THAILAND......BUT , ONCE I SAW THE REPORT ON THE PEOPLE OF THAILAND USING THE BLACK MAN AS A DELICACY......I HAVE TO ADMIT , MY GRIP HAS TIGHTENED....

http://dan-ablackmanbeeneatingbythaipeople.blogspot.com/2009/07/thai-people-eat-black-man.html

WARRIOR

Please don't believe everything you read on the internet. This looks like some kind of forensics medical unit dissecting a body, maybe students doing a research project, and the food they are eating off the plate looks like regular Asian food.

Thank you for all your great replies (although the part about Asians eating people is farfetched and kind of racist).

The reason why I wrote this thread is because I keep hearing about stories like this:

Chaofei Zheng hiked up his shirt to reveal an angry bruise, about four inches long, on his right side. He pointed to a matching yellow-and-purple mark above his left eyebrow.

"I'm scared to go to school," Zheng, 19, a freshman at South Philadelphia High School, said through a translator yesterday.

Zheng is one of several - community organizers say 30 or more - students who were attacked at the school on Thursday, targeted, they said, because they're Asian.

Racial violence at the school is not new, but students and activists say this week's attacks are emblematic of a problem that's not going away.

"There's a corrosive culture that's hurting all the kids at the school," said Helen Gym, a board member of Asian Americans United, who said the district must apologize and "admit that there's a serious problem at South Philly High School."

District officials acknowledge that the school has problems and racial tensions, but say that before the incident, violence was down by 55 percent this school year. Inroads have been made, they say.

According to students, fights between African American and Asian students started this week on the streets and spilled over into the 900-student building on Thursday.

Seventy percent of the South Broad Street school's students are African American; 18 percent are Asian; about 6 percent are white; and 5 percent are Latino. Many recent immigrants attend the school, home to a large English for Speakers of Other Languages program.

Zheng, Jia Rong Lin, and Hang Liu say they were three of eight students targeted during sixth-period lunch on Thursday. There were at least five separate attacks inside school and on the street. Seven students were treated for minor injuries at Methodist Hospital.

The three say they were ready to go to lunch when they heard word that Asian students might be attacked. They worried that it wasn't safe to go into the lunchroom, but an adult school employee told them they would be fine.

Lin, 16, a ninth grader, was punched repeatedly in the back of his head, he said. Liu, 18, also a freshman, said he also was punched in the head. None of the three said they knew who attacked them or how many students struck them. Many immigrant students enter U.S. high schools in their mid- to late teens.

The three said that in some cases, students went from classroom to classroom looking for Asian students to target.

District officials said 10 students had been suspended with intent to expel. As of last night, no arrests had been made, but a police spokesman said the investigation continued and charges were pending.

"We have asked that the Police Department prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law," said Michael Silverman, the regional superintendent who oversees South Philadelphia High.

Wei Chen, who formed the South Philadelphia Chinese American Student Association last year after a spate of attacks, saw the violence erupt on Thursday but was not injured. Chen, 18, a senior, said the attackers had no specific problem with their victims.

"They didn't know each other," Chen said. "They just see the Asian face and they punch it."

Kelly Muth, a Cambodian student who said she witnessed one of the Thursday attacks, said she thought she knew what triggered the violence.

"Last week, a group of Vietnamese students jumped a black guy, so they came back for revenge," Muth said. "But they targeted anybody, anybody Asian."

Other Asian students said they had long been afraid to speak out at school, even when they witnessed violence.

Chen, who stayed home from school yesterday, stressed that it was a small number of students making things unsafe for everyone.

"I have many African American friends; they teach me to say hello," he said, displaying an elaborate series of hand clasps and slaps, street language that makes him cool. "Every group has good students and bad students."

Chen said there had been some progress at the school this year - more community meetings and weekly sessions with administrators where students point out possible problems. Classes for students learning English used to be on a separate floor, with immigrants kept away from native English speakers, Chen said.

But the new principal, LaGreta Brown, ended that practice, he said. Brown was not available for comment.

South Philadelphia senior Shaquille Gaskins, a member of a group established this year to improve the school climate, said the attacks on Asian students were a blot on the school's improved conditions.

"I have been here since ninth grade, and I can say this is a better place this year, much better," he said.

Silverman said administrators would continue to weed out problem students, remind others of the rules, and reach out to community groups to calm fears.

The school called students who stayed home from school yesterday, sent letters in multiple languages to all parents, and will hold more meetings next week with parents and students, he said.

Officials rely on students to tip off officials about what's going on in the community, Silverman said.

"The principal here is new, and I'm sure as she's here longer, I'm sure the trust will grow, and kids will tell her more of what's going on in the community," he said.

But Xu Lin, an organizer with the Chinatown Development Corp. who hopped onto the subway to help some of the victims Thursday, said more needs to be done, and quickly.

"There is improvement, but when you see 30 students attacked in one day, and all of them being Asian? That's terrible," Lin said.

Lin and others said the Asian students deserved an apology and better programs to educate various ethnic groups about one another.

Last night, Silverman, Brown, and other district officials met for more than two hours with some students and organizers.

Silverman said students were urged to return to school and told changes were coming inside the building and outside. Students who want to transfer to other schools will be assisted, but those who stay will see improvement, he said.

"We need to build a real community at that school, and when you build a real community, you don't really have these situations happen anymore," Silverman said.

But Chen, president of the Chinese American student group, said many pupils were still too afraid to go to school.

"We just want to study. We want to make friends, we don't want to fight," he said. "Kids are still scared."

I do not speak for all asian people but I think I have learned enough from life living in both America and China that asians don't know to much about blacks.

People in China are fairly ignorant about blacks. Whatever they see in hollywood movies, sports, and news is how they view black people. There has never been a history of racial slavery, apartheid, or genocide in china. I can say without a doubt that asians are not inherently hateful racist people - unlike whites. There is no such thing as being "pc" in asia so if they see a blackman they might say "Lebron James!" and ask to take a picture. Their intentions are not racist, but more of curiosity and being friendly.

I think history tells us that asians view race as only secondary to status. Since white dominance has been around for many centuries, people in asia think that all whites are rich and smart. White people visit asian countries expecting to be worshipped, abuse asian kids sexually, treating the natives like crap, and being pampered. Asian people used to oblige to their whims but recently things have been changing. There are many Japanese and Chinese people who have a growing white foriegn resentment. They are sick of having loud, obnoxious, drunken white people ruin their cities.

I think China is in the process of relinquishing western (white) dominance. They are trying to strengthen allegiances with non-western places like Africa, S. America, and other asian countries by heavily investing, providing aid, and promoting trade. Europeans and Americans are scared that if the rest of the world builds up their economies and ignores theirs that western domination will end. Hopefully Obama meant what he said about being a "pacific" president and sides with the east, not the west.

This is ignorance,i condemn this kind of behavior but what about the Nanjing anti african protest of 1988?Ignorance or envious racism?

Animosity towards African students has been a recurring event since the early 1960s, when scholarships provided by the Chinese government allowed many students from 'China-friendly' African countries to study in Beijing. This policy was originally based on the idea of 'third world solidarity' and Mao's linking of the fight against 'western imperialism' with Marxist class war. Many of these African students were given larger educational grants than native Chinese students, and hostility towards the Africans was a regular occurrence. Most of these students returned to their home countries before reaching the end of their courses due to poor living conditions and the political uncertainties of the Mao era. From the mid-1970s, China allowed African students to study outside of Beijing.

As well as resentment about the larger stipends given to African students, hostility from Chinese students towards Africans also flared up when there was contact between African men and Chinese women. In an incident in Shanghai in 1979, African students were attacked after playing loud music and making inappropriate sexual remarks to Chinese women. These clashes became more common during the 1980s and sometimes led to arrests and deportations of African students. Cultural differences in dating habits added to the tensions.

On December 24, 1988 two male African students were entering their campus at Hehai University in Nanjing with two Chinese women. The occasion was a Christmas Eve party. A quarrel about correct identification between one of the Africans and a Chinese security guard, who had ordered the Africans to register their guests, led to a brawl between the African and Chinese students on the campus which lasted till the morning, leaving 13 students injured. 300 Chinese students, spurred by false rumors that a Chinese man had been killed by the Africans, broke into and set about destroying the Africans' dormitories, shouting slogans such as "Kill the black devils!" After the police had dispersed the Chinese students, many Africans fled to the railway station in order to gain safety at various African embassies in Beijing. The authorities prevented the Africans from boarding the trains so as to question those involved in the brawl. Soon their numbers increased to 140, as other African and non-African foreign students, fearing violence, arrived at the station asking to be allowed to go to Beijing.

By this time, Chinese students from Hehai University had joined up with students from other Nanjing universities to make up a 3000 strong demonstration which called on government officials to prosecute the African students and reform the system which gave foreigners more rights than the Chinese. On the evening of 26 December, the marchers converged on the railway station while holding banners calling for human rights and political reform. Chinese police managed to isolate the non-Chinese students from the marchers and moved them to a military guest house outside Nanjing. The demonstrations were declared illegal, and riot police were brought in from surrounding provinces to pacify the demonstrations which lasted several more days.

The course of the Nanjing protests went from anti-African sentiment to banners proclaiming Human Rights. The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 came 4 months after the anti-African protests in Nanjing and some elements of the Nanjing protests were still evident, such as banners proclaiming "No Offend Chinese Women".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_anti-African_protests

I think China is in the process of relinquishing western (white) dominance. They are trying to strengthen allegiances with non-western places like Africa, S. America, and other asian countries by heavily investing, providing aid, and promoting trade. Europeans and Americans are scared that if the rest of the world builds up their economies and ignores theirs that western domination will end. Hopefully Obama meant what he said about being a "pacific" president and sides with the east, not the west.

China has already got a dangerous european disease:LIBERALISM/CAPITALISM.Chinese capitalism is becoming one of the most ruthless of the world.I don't know if Obama want peace with the east,but i know that the real rulers do not want peace with you guys.Irak,Afghanistan and soon Iran,are just a way to attack your country and Russia.I hope that you will help Iran when uncle Sam will attack them,because the real goal is to surround you!

Please don't believe everything you read on the internet. This looks like some kind of forensics medical unit dissecting a body, maybe students doing a research project, and the food they are eating off the plate looks like regular Asian food.

HELLO KING TUBBS.....

I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETELY........

HOWEVER , A CO-WORKER OF MINE.....WHO RETIRED LAST YEAR , GOT MARRIED TO A THAI WOMAN AND MOVED TO THAILAND IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR........HE CALLED SEVERAL CO-WORKERS TO AMPLIFY THIS BEFORE IT WAS EVER POSTED ON THE INTERNET.....

WE DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM , OF COURSE....UNTIL HE SENT PICTURES....

IN THE VERY LEAST......MY AWARENESS IS HEIGHTENED....

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BELIEVE AS THEY CHOOSE , AND I DO NOT FORCE ANYONE TO BELIEVE THIS.....

WARRIOR

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back