Black People : What do black people think of asians (chinese in particular)?

If you want to boycott asian goods that is your business. No one should buy products that they don't agree with. I have to agree that many asian stores are cheap with discounts. In business you have to be agressive and objective - race has nothing to do with it. Asian retailers get their hair from from poor asian women who sell their hair to americans. If black retailers want to get ahead they need to make some direct connections with asia.People are just trying to make a living, what is wrong with that? At least be fair and boycott all white owned products geared at blacks as well...

You didn't watch all of the videos...

It is easier to single out a group that is only 4% of the population and generally doesn't speak up. Only in california could asians take over the black hair market. Asians built the railroads and have a strong history and attachment to california. The south and east coast are a different story.

Only in California??? Again, you didn't watch the videos.

RAPTOR already explained to you why it is important to read books about black culture. If you can't even watch three videos, let alone study and research these issues, that just goes to show that you are spouting off at the mouth, you are not serious, you are just looking for some black people to play manipulating games with. You can't manipulate us.

How about you beat them at their own game? Start your own business and offer incentives, discounts, and quality products that compete with the asian store owners. People become successful through drive, not blaming. Or you can just stop buying their products.

You didn't watch the videos...

Okay, you have shown your true motives. You had no comment on what I said about you needing to go and unite with your own people, then come unite with us.

You come here and you want to tell black people what they need to do in an effort to unite with Asians. You got your answer from Clyde Coger, he told you that the question is not what do blacks think about Asians, the question is what do Asians think about blacks. How dare you come here and come at black fols as if they have racist thoughts on their mind about Asian people each day of their life. Our issues are larger than Asian people, do you understand?

Black people don't need your black people Asian people unite speech okay. If you want to preach about rightousness, preach to your own people. You already said that Asians have their own problems, those are the problems that you need to go and deal with first because you are not ready to deal with black issues.

You accuse James of being bitter... for whatever reason, you are the one who is obviously bitter and you come here and try to make Asians look innocent, they are generally peaceful people, this that and the other. If they are generally peaceful people, they wouldn't be shooting black kids in the back for stealing a pack of gum because they are "just trying to make a living". You have shown your true intentions. You won't convince us that black people are the problem and Asian people are actually innocent and really want to unite with black people, but blacks won't let them. No, you won't convince us of that.

Astrologer4U

but, where does the hair that the Koreans are selling come from? They're
not selling black folks hair... they're selling hair to black folks.. I think the
whole industry preys on low self-esteem.. and that includes the hair supply
shops and the beauty shops.. Their would be no Straight Hair Industry if black
folks did not loathe their own natural hair. The money to fund the revolution
is being spent on Perms and Weaves.. The money to build our own schools
and create our own economy is being spent to quiet insecurities and to feed
vanity.

and.. I'm from Oakland too.. this Oakland:

3888799600_dbbbac8bfe.jpg

I used to have a problem with the hair issue but historically speaking, Egyptian women wore wigs and british men wore curly afro looking wigs as well.

Another thing to take into consideration, white people are obviously not the only race of people with straight hair. It's not about that though now is it?

The fact of the matter is, historically, black beauty products in America were started by a black woman, passed down to black people and ended up in the hands of Koreans who happed to be Asian people. The hair and texture of it is a new thing in the hair care industry that would not have been thought of if not for the black market that invented it. First hair that black people weaved and braided into their hair was synthetic hair which is made of very vine pieces of plastic. That hair napped up to quick and it could not be pressed to many times because it would look terrible. That's when the idea of human hair was thought of for which Asian people offered up as an alternative to synthetic hair. Again though, the human hair weaves are a new thing, something very recent. Black people showed Koreans how to get into the business, they show Koreans what products black people liked, and they allowed Koreans to purchase black made products at discount prices. Koreans took what they learned from black people and are trying to completely take. I see this action as no different than white people who steal and stole from blacks. Let's be real here, I have seen black people in this thread say all of these good things about Asians while talking about how blacks need to be accountable, Well, I think it goes both ways, Asians need to be accountable as well.

Astrologer4U

I think you are taking this out of context. I don't have an agenda, I just wanted to have a conversation because it seems like blacks and asians don't communicate. But if you feel that we should talk to our own people and exchange with our own people than so be it. Asians exchange with asians. blacks exchange with blacks. whites exchange with everybody. I guess that is how the world works huh? And you are right about me being bitter. I am bitter but it is justified by the way society treats me and views me.

I honestly don't know much about hair products nor do I care about them. To me, hair is frivolous so I only watched one video.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back