Black Spirituality Religion : What Divination Systems Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Onyemobi, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Onyemobi

Onyemobi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    I decided to make this topic so that people could share the the different divination systems that have worked for them, and not just copy and paste information that they have not yet tested perosnally. So far, the only divination system that I have used has been the Ausar Auset Metu Neter Oracle system.

[​IMG]

I've used it since 2008 and can attest to its accuracy. However, its shortcoming is that it cannot give me yes or no answers. I've seen playing cards used to give different readings as well, which I might start learning next.

I have tried to do Obi, or cowrie shell divination, but I have been unable to get accurate results. I bought a book on divination using coconut shells, but it was a Santeria book, and I have some disagreements with some elements of the Yoruba traditions, but that's a different topic.

[​IMG]

What systems have you used that has brought you accurate results?

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Are you unable to turn to your elders for assistance with interpreting them? I've always wondered what exactly they are looking for in casting.

3. Onyemobi

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    I know the interpretation, its about getting consistent results. And to do that, you have to open the session correctly. I know how to do that with the Metu Neter Oracle, but not with the Obi divination.

4. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    THANATOS

I USE OBI ALSO AND WHAT I FOUND THAT TO GET ACCURATE RESULTS IS TO USE COCONUT OR KOLA NUTS!

5. Onyemobi

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    Really? What do you do to open up the session?

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    I OPEN WITH LEGBA AS LEGBA AND FA IS INTERTWINED WITH EACH OTHER.

7. Onyemobi

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    How do you do that?

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

Legba, the seventh and youngest offspring of Mawu, the creator god, is a major figure in the Fon pantheon of gods. He is the linguist, the Fon divine trickster. He is a guardian of entrances, and has much to do with a human's personal destiny, or Fa, who had sixteen eyes, the nuts of divination. He lives on a palm tree in the sky. From this height, Fa can see all that goes on in the world. Every morning, Legba climbs the palm tree to open Fa's eyes. Like most tricksters, Legba is mischievous, a boundary character who ignores social restrictions. His trickery knows no limits, and even God can become the target of his antics. He is amoral, his behavior lacking restraint: his activities are usually meant to fulfill his own desires and satisfy his gargantuan appetites. But when it comes to a choice, he favors humans against the gods. Often, when he has indulged in trickery, he seeks to find solutions to reestablish equilibrium. Because of this trickster's antic nature, Mawu informs him that he cannot give him a kingdom to govern, nor can he be made subject to the great energies of the universe. He is given the task of visiting the kingdoms ruled by his brothers, then to give his account of the gods: he thus becomes Mawu's linguist, his spokesman, intermediary between men and gods, between gods and the creator. But there are always questions about his moral judgment, about his sense of responsibility. He is forever unpredictable, untamed.

WELL I USE LEGBA FROM THE VOUDON PATHEON , I HAVE A GOVI AND WITH HIS VEVE [​IMG] AND ASK THE GOD TO OPEN THE GATES SO THAT I CAN GET ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS. I WILL OFFER RUM AND AND CIGARS ALSO

9. Onyemobi

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    In my tradition, Legba is Agbala, and Fa is Agwunsi.

10. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THAT IS IBO..THEN USE THOSE ENTITIES AS MANY WEST AFRAKAN PARALLEL EACH OTHER.