Black People : What did you want to be when you grew up?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PoeticManifesta, Jul 10, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    What did you want to be? Is your current occupation all you dreamed it would be? Are you doing what you always wanted to do? What happened?

2. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I wanna be a toys-r-us kid!

See I made it easy on myself.. whe ppl would ask of me this hard question.. to answer.. I simply decided that makin all these hard grown up decisions was too hard ofr me.. sooo! "I wanna be a toys-r-us kid".. and go to NeverLand (w/o michael jackson).. But life happended.. and Im in creative marketing.. is it what i want to be? yes.. right now.. Ive read all the manuals to life and nowhere it says you have to be one thing .. all your life.. ive so far been a journalist.. Firefighter/paramedic.. and a cashir at your neighborhood Target. BUt i hope to become an overall successful person.. when I grow up I will know it.. cause I will finally have decided to be the greatest thing I can ruly be.. A mother.. to my child! :baby: And wife to my husband!

3. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    lol... I wanted to be a "SUPERSTARRR!"

4. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    The first African American president...of course I was really young and had no idea how politics really worked in America.

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    lol... when I was in first grade we had to dress-up in costumes relating to whatever occupation we wanted to be in when we grew up. Following in my mom's footsteps, I said "I want to be a mommy." lol. I dressed in normal clothes carrying a Cabbage Patch doll in my hand. :donttell:

6. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Besides the first African-American president... I wanted to be a G.I Joe....

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i always wanted to be like my HERO .....my dad and work like him to have what i
    need to get what i want .......well i didn't fail him or myself but i came up short
    as life presented it's self to me through age , i never wanted to be a Male Nurse
    but i am , after years of hard work i was ready to continue my journey in a upswing.

I was young but a moma boy under her wings i flip over hills for odds and end things
    little corner shelf items , the love of stuff toys and the works u know so i want to have
    and own my own Novelty shop !
    well i did fall short this time i am a owner of that very shop infact 3 until late i closed
    two for lack of support in the community so back to my dad shoes i went moving
    upward not into stocks land owner and i am just fine with it but still yet to reach my
    full goal .....but i'm working on it !
    so I wanted to be a owner of a gift & novelty shop a man like my dad
    i accomplish both but felt a higher need so now i'm struggling to strive to reach it

can i get some help !!!!

8. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I always wanted to do something creative for a living and live in a faraway country somewhere forever and ever.
    So, I live in the country alright, but THIS country--on a farm and do organic farming as well as create upscale craft and art items that I sell out of my house.

So at least I'm living out a part of what I wanted.

9. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    iTS ALWAYS ALWAYS.. IN THE MARKETING.. YOU GOTTA FRIEND IN ME! :hearts4: aND A LIFE LONG ENERGIZER BATTERY ENTHUSIAST :nuts: ! hEY.. IM LOOKN FOR ONE OF THOSE SWINGS.. YEA.. THATS WHAT i WANT.. **ROCK ME BABY.. ROCK ME ALL NIGHT LONG!****

10. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    i WANTED TO LIVE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.. IN HOSTELS.. I STILL THINK I MAY TAKE A YEAR OFF WHILE IM STILL YOUNG.. AND DO THAT.. LIVE WORK.. AND LEARN DIFFERNT LANGUEAGES.. AD CULTURES.,. AS WELL.. I FORGOT ALL ABOUTTHAT DREAM!