Black People Politics : What Did You Expect When You Came Of Age?

Merely personal freedom?

Or also to shoulder the same adult responsibilities, i. e., which my and past generations did and do consider a given and/or take for granted?

That might help to explain what characterizes today's black youth/black adult/etc. generation gap(s)...
WHILE COMING OF AGE FROM A YOUNG YOUTH,TEENAGER TO ADULT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE HAD THE SAME STRONG ROLE MODELS IN MY LIFE FROM AGE 10-12, AFTER THAT I PRETTY MUCH HAD TO LEARN THROUGH TRAILS & ERRORS THE LESSONS OF LIFE, and i was really not expecting life to be easy as a adult from seeing the struggles with people that were in my areas,but those short years that i had with those neighbors that felt more like family you felt the love, you knew the love everyone looked out for each other,even the teachers were wonderful not saying they are not today but back then, it was a beautiful time no gangs,drugs,fighting,there was block parties with much laughter, where you could leave you're door unlocked go to the store,or even asleep and you were safe, now it's not just a cold world it's a scary world out there,and you have to teach your children as soon as they are able to talk the good,bad and ugly,children can no longer be children,babies having babies,MOTHER'S AND FATHER'S not teaching their children the facts of life, and most importantly not loving their children whom they gave life, and the children our future generation heading for self destruction,i thank GOD that i am whom i am today i am thankful for going thru some and seeing some of what i seen which made me want to become a better person,to want better,and know that if you stay focus get rid of anything negative in your circle that you can make it, not saying the ride will be easier, it's just 100 percent better keeping positive things and people in your life, and if you have to walk alone it's ok as well it's better to have learned lessons than not learned at all .....i thank GOD that all my children are grown men and women and none became teenage parents and they all graduated, a mother's job is never really done but as long as you know you taught them the facts of life, now what they choose to do with it after that is on them,the hard part is over and it comes a time when you must let go and let them grow the world is changing everyday and i just shake my head at the youth i see and hear with so much anger,disrespect for themselves, others and authorithies, i'm not talking about the adults it's a little too late for some oh so sad that they can't see the future and take advantage of the education and making something of themselves.....DON'T TAKE YOUR HEALTH OR LIFE FOR GRANTED ONE NEVER KNOWS WHAT MAY HAPPEN ,,,EAT RIGHT,EXCERCISE,THINK POSITIVE,STAY POSITIVE
FYI...

Merely personal freedom?

Or also to shoulder the same adult responsibilities, i. e., which my and past generations did and do consider a given and/or take for granted?

That might help to explain what characterizes today's black youth/black adult/etc. generation gap(s)...

FYI...

I expected freedom, yes, and I gained more than I ever could have imagined at the time.

I expected much responsibility, as a person should expect, but different to the ones I've had to take on.

With wisdom gained, I've learned more what it means to care for your fellow man and woman, your brother and your sister. I've learned how coming of age meant I could more readily move someone to doing something that would better themselves and others around.

I learned how much has gone by, and what past generations have done for the next to just have a chance to thrive, let alone be great in accomplishments.

I learned how the tracks I leave weren't merely meant for me to be remembered, but for the younger, the weaker, the next trying to get up and do better to use what they learn from myself to further themselves to greatness, just as those that came before me left subtle roads for me to walk on that I might be great in this time I occupy.

I learned a lot in my coming of age,and as the generations go by, more will learn also.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back