Black People : What did Russel Simmons do to upset the african concious people?

taaa7 said:
Shalom to all,

I was planning on NOT posting on this forum any longer because I have pretty much come to the conclusion that too many so-called Black folks really don't want anything other than what they currently have, and that these forums are a waste of precious time. So-called Black folks seem to be content with blaming others for their problems rather than doing whatever is necessary to change their conditions.

However, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I decided to comment on what has been said about Russel Simmons. First of all, lets be real clear about what life really is. Life is a constant battle for survival, and to carry it a step further - life is a battle for survival to the extent (quality) one chooses to maintain. That is just the design of nature - it's a natural thing.

Who is anyone to tell another what he/she should or should not do in order to survive and have a qualify lifestyle of his/her own choosing? Nature has natural laws to keep things in check - all the other laws, rules, beliefs,boundaries, limits, etc. are made up by people.

If you have made up rules that say you will not kill, then you set yourself up at a disadvantage against those who will kill. If you set up rules that say you will not take that which you desire then you are at a disadvantage to those who will. If you set up rules that say you will not defend you and yours with your life, you are at a disadvantage to those who will. If you set up rules that say you cannot use any means necessary and do whatever is necessary, then you are at a great disadvantage to those who will and do.

Don't blame "white" folks or anybody else because they do not set limits on what they will and will not do. Life is a game of competition. Everyone on the planet is competing directly and indirectly against you. It is up to you how you play the game.

The Caucasians learned how to play the game you invented; the game you started; and now that they are playing the game better than you, you are crying like little children. Why are you not taking back the game instead of whining about it?

Russel Simmons is trying to take back the game; Oprah is trying to take back the game; Al Sharpton is trying to take back the game; Barraca Obama is trying to take back the game. What are you doing? It's about the game of life - not race; not nationality; not family, nor any other of those made-up beliefs.

The weed must survive even it means the death a beautiful flower. The natural process of life is that in order for something to live, something must die.

So-called "white" people are the minority on the planet and yet they rule. Why is that? It is because they changed the rules. They looked at people throughout the earth and they saw that everyone was playing by rules - what do you think all of those beliefs so-called Black folks have are? And most everyone knows that if you play against a team that has rules and you do not then you have an advantage. You can talk that Divine crap all you want, but that is just another rule, limit, boundary you set for yourself and gives your enemies more advantage over you.

There will always be have and have-nots, because of the rules each person sets for him/her self. Everyone has choices; it is those choices that make the difference - good or bad.

People have accused me of blaming the victim and I concur. A victim that remains a victim does so by choice. How long has the raping of Africa been going on? How can so few overseers control so many slaves? The answer is because the slaves allow it - Africans allow it. So who is really at fault - the "whites" for taking it or the "Blacks" for allowing it?

There is a saying that life belongs to the fittest. How fit are you? Russel Simmons is playing the game and seems to be fit for the game, and you know the saying, "hate the game, not the player". If you choose not to play, or you choose to play at a disadvantage (placing rules and limits on yourself), then that is your choice and you shall receive whatever those choices bring.

Brother Omawale, great thread you did on race (What is an "Arab"? What is an "African"?). You dispense great knowledge - too bad it seems to be wasted here. Much respect to you.

Liberation begins at home.

I'll be free, I'll be free,
And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
This spirit of mine.......
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

I hear you.

Just remember, I stated I reserve judgement on Russell Simmons and I pointed out that he was working at the invitation of the south african government.

Just as I defended Oprah, I SEE some good in what Russell is doing with the Hip Hop Summit and the get out and vote campaigns.

However, I only point out the FACTS concerning the illicit diamond trade, from a historical perspective and cant reach a conclusion without talking to the South Africans themselves.

Peace...

That photo gallery was a trip too cuz there was my girl Serena Williams...lol!

taaa7 said:
Shalom to all,

I was planning on NOT posting on this forum any longer because I have pretty much come to the conclusion that too many so-called Black folks really don't want anything other than what they currently have, and that these forums are a waste of precious time. So-called Black folks seem to be content with blaming others for their problems rather than doing whatever is necessary to change their conditions.

However, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I decided to comment on what has been said about Russel Simmons. First of all, lets be real clear about what life really is. Life is a constant battle for survival, and to carry it a step further - life is a battle for survival to the extent (quality) one chooses to maintain. That is just the design of nature - it's a natural thing.

Who is anyone to tell another what he/she should or should not do in order to survive and have a qualify lifestyle of his/her own choosing? Nature has natural laws to keep things in check - all the other laws, rules, beliefs,boundaries, limits, etc. are made up by people.

If you have made up rules that say you will not kill, then you set yourself up at a disadvantage against those who will kill. If you set up rules that say you will not take that which you desire then you are at a disadvantage to those who will. If you set up rules that say you will not defend you and yours with your life, you are at a disadvantage to those who will. If you set up rules that say you cannot use any means necessary and do whatever is necessary, then you are at a great disadvantage to those who will and do.

Don't blame "white" folks or anybody else because they do not set limits on what they will and will not do. Life is a game of competition. Everyone on the planet is competing directly and indirectly against you. It is up to you how you play the game.

The Caucasians learned how to play the game you invented; the game you started; and now that they are playing the game better than you, you are crying like little children. Why are you not taking back the game instead of whining about it?

Russel Simmons is trying to take back the game; Oprah is trying to take back the game; Al Sharpton is trying to take back the game; Barraca Obama is trying to take back the game. What are you doing? It's about the game of life - not race; not nationality; not family, nor any other of those made-up beliefs.

The weed must survive even it means the death a beautiful flower. The natural process of life is that in order for something to live, something must die.

So-called "white" people are the minority on the planet and yet they rule. Why is that? It is because they changed the rules. They looked at people throughout the earth and they saw that everyone was playing by rules - what do you think all of those beliefs so-called Black folks have are? And most everyone knows that if you play against a team that has rules and you do not then you have an advantage. You can talk that Divine crap all you want, but that is just another rule, limit, boundary you set for yourself and gives your enemies more advantage over you.

There will always be have and have-nots, because of the rules each person sets for him/her self. Everyone has choices; it is those choices that make the difference - good or bad.

People have accused me of blaming the victim and I concur. A victim that remains a victim does so by choice. How long has the raping of Africa been going on? How can so few overseers control so many slaves? The answer is because the slaves allow it - Africans allow it. So who is really at fault - the "whites" for taking it or the "Blacks" for allowing it?

There is a saying that life belongs to the fittest. How fit are you? Russel Simmons is playing the game and seems to be fit for the game, and you know the saying, "hate the game, not the player". If you choose not to play, or you choose to play at a disadvantage (placing rules and limits on yourself), then that is your choice and you shall receive whatever those choices bring.

Brother Omawale, great thread you did on race (What is an "Arab"? What is an "African"?). You dispense great knowledge - too bad it seems to be wasted here. Much respect to you.

And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Understandable.
But people must remember that the same people you saw coming up will be the same people you see coming down.
It sounds as if you are saying we are weak and they are strong.
The slave comment you made is not entirely accurate.
Please embelish on your comment.
There is nothing wrong with wanting things for yourself but not at the expense of others.
That is the reason why this world is in disarray aas we speak.
If everyone is moving ahead in life without a concious than where does that put us?
Back bitting competions that end in moral disaster.

taaa7 said:
Shalom to all,

And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Once again, I have to agree with much of what you say re ‘survival' of the fittest’ because as a student of nature, I know that there is no morality or ‘rules’ in nature that mean anything if they don’t enhance survival.

If I’m interpreting you correctly, you apparently subscribe to a philosophy that many Black people shun. Whether Black people believe in the teachings of Christianity, Islam, ATR’s, etc., most Black folks have a wide streak of morality embedded in them, meaning that Blacks constantly grapple with concepts of—good vs evil, right vs wrong, etc. and tend to think and live their lives in that manner. That is crystal clear even from many of the posters on forums at Destee’s. I’ve always noticed that most Black people are much more concerned with what will happen to them after death than they are with what happens to them during life. Black cultures and societies throughout the world share this intense focus on preparing for a good quality afterlife (death) vs a good quality life in the present. Thus Blacks, in general, are more moral people.

However, most white people are more concerned with this life in the present—winning in this life and doing anything and everything to win in the here and now. To succeed at this, they’ve apparently decided to win on the backs of any group of vulnerable nonwhite people—Black people and every other group that can’t or won’t protect itself. In other words, white people don’t care which nonwhite group they have to “eat” if it will put them and their offspring in a better position to survive on a high level. White folks, in general, tend to be immoral or amoral.

This difference underlies the essential difference between culturally white people and culturally Black people.

There are some Black people who don’t share that streak of morality that many Black folks embrace. I think that Russell Simmons and others Blacks like him represent that group. They have made a decision to win in this life, regardless of what they have to do. So I think that he and other Blacks like him had to figure out who could they use to win. I’m sure it didn’t take Russell Simmons long to figure out that Black women and children were the most vulnerable and unprotected large group in the vicinity.

The Russell Simmonses of the world are always going to win on the backs of other vulnerable and unprotected people. I'm not judging him because in nature, judgments are useless if that's all victims do.

Therefore, I think that any person needs to work hard to move into a less vulnerable, or more protected position. If your family or group is complacent and is comfortable being victims, then I think that the individual needs to find likeminded others or allies because if you remain vulnerable or unprotected, it won’t be long before the white or Black or some other ‘wolf is knocking at your door.’

BTW, do you have a website?

Riada said:
Once again, I have to agree with much of what you say re ‘survival' of the fittest’ because as a student of nature, I know that there is no morality or ‘rules’ in nature that mean anything if they don’t enhance survival.

If I’m interpreting you correctly, you apparently subscribe to a philosophy that many Black people shun. Whether Black people believe in the teachings of Christianity, Islam, ATR’s, etc., most Black folks have a wide streak of morality embedded in them, meaning that Blacks constantly grapple with concepts of—good vs evil, right vs wrong, etc. and tend to think and live their lives in that manner. That is crystal clear even from many of the posters on forums at Destee’s. I’ve always noticed that most Black people are much more concerned with what will happen to them after death than they are with what happens to them during life. Black cultures and societies throughout the world share this intense focus on preparing for a good quality afterlife (death) vs a good quality life in the present. Thus Blacks, in general, are more moral people.

However, most white people are more concerned with this life in the present—winning in this life and doing anything and everything to win in the here and now. To succeed at this, they’ve apparently decided to win on the backs of any group of vulnerable nonwhite people—Black people and every other group that can’t or won’t protect itself. In other words, white people don’t care which nonwhite group they have to “eat” if it will put them and their offspring in a better position to survive on a high level. White folks, in general, tend to be immoral or amoral.

This difference underlies the essential difference between culturally white people and culturally Black people.

There are some Black people who don’t share that streak of morality that many Black folks embrace. I think that Russell Simmons and others Blacks like him represent that group. They have made a decision to win in this life, regardless of what they have to do. So I think that he and other Blacks like him had to figure out who could they use to win. I’m sure it didn’t take Russell Simmons long to figure out that Black women and children were the most vulnerable and unprotected large group in the vicinity.

The Russell Simmonses of the world are always going to win on the backs of other vulnerable and unprotected people. I'm not judging him because in nature, judgments are useless if that's all victims do.

Therefore, I think that any person needs to work hard to move into a less vulnerable, or more protected position. If your family or group is complacent and is comfortable being victims, then I think that the individual needs to find likeminded others or allies because if you remain vulnerable or unprotected, it won’t be long before the white or Black or some other ‘wolf is knocking at your door.’

BTW, do you have a website?

Once again you don't have to step on others to win.

cursed heart said:
Understandable.[/qote]

Shalom Cursed Heart,

But people must remember that the same people you saw coming up will be the same people you see coming down.
One should keep one’s eyes on the prize. The trip up is the prize; one should not focus on the coming down.

It sounds as if you are saying we are weak and they are strong.
You might phrase it that way, but what I am saying is that they are willing to do what most of Black folks are not willing to do. Example: The Boston tea party was a protest against taxation without representation. It fueled the start of the revolutionary war, which led to American Independence. Certain “white” folks refused to pay taxes. Black folks have been paying taxes without representation for many years and continue to do so without any protest or refusal to pay said taxes. Where is the revolution? Where is Black folks Independence?

The slave comment you made is not entirely accurate.
Please embelish on your comment.
My slave commit you speak of is “How can so few overseers control so many slaves? The answer is because the slaves allow it.” You did not think it to be entirely accurate. Lets examine it and see. First of all, a slave is a person that simply chooses to surrender his/her will and volition to another. Notice the word “chooses” – being a slave is by choice. There is always a choice – even if death is one of those choices. Many Africans chose death over slavery. The greatest gift given to you at birth was the gift of choice. Choice is the one thing that only you have the power over. No one else can make your choices for you. They may try to influence your choice making, but only you can actually make your choices. Too many people allow fear to be the chief engineer of their choices and this allows others to use that fear to control them and therefore relinquish the control of their choices. To be free, one must desire freedom more than he/she fears death or anything else. There is a difference in being in captivity and being a slave. They may capture me and put me in prison, but they can never enslave me. Why, because I refuse to give them my labor – I refuse to allow them to make my choices for me. When you are taxed without your consent and without representation, you are giving them your labor. You pay taxes, you do so by choice. Just as you choose to, you can also choose not to. When you give support (by way of paying taxes, working certain jobs, etc.) to your oppressors, you have made a choice to be a slave. You cannot truthfully blame your oppressors while at the same time you are supporting your oppressors. You then would be like the slave, you would be allowing it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting things for yourself but not at the expense of others.
The way this society is set up, everything you get is at the expense of anoother. When you go into a restaurant, you are dining at the expense of those who must work in the restaurant. The clothes you get at an affordable price are at the expense of many underpaid factory workers. The cheap (compared to other countries) gasoline you use in you motor vehicles are at the expense of many lives in other countries. If you have ever tried to get a better price when buying something, that better price comes at the expense of someone else. If you have a job that provides income for you family to live on, are you willing to have your employer take part of your pay and give it to someone at your job that makes less money than you? Your higher pay comes at the expense of another person. When you buy affordable fruits and vegatables at the grocery store, do you offer the store extra money to give to the families of the under paid workers who picked those fruits and vegatables? Cheap prices come at the expense of others. That is life – that is real – that is nature. We all feed off of each other – sometimes we get more than we give; sometime we give more than we get. While in this world, you are going to be either the food or the one that benefits from the food – it’s your choice.

That is the reason why this world is in disarray aas we speak.
If everyone is moving ahead in life without a concious than where does that put us?
Back bitting competions that end in moral disaster.
You talk about morals. Who determines what morals are and what morals one should live by? Morals is really just another form of belief, and like any belief it should be examined and determine when it is useful and when it is detremental. If you belong to a collective – family, friends, allies, etc., morals are beneficial to the well being of the collective and therefore a required practice. However, when it comes to anyone outside of your collective, morals can be detremental to the survival of the collective and therefore has no place when dealing with those outside the collective. Likewise with conscious. Your concscious should only be reserved for your collective – and the collective can be of any age, race, color, gender, nationality, etc. Only a fool would love his/her enemy – and the enemy can be of any age, race, color, gender, nationality, etc. Know thyself and to thyself be true.

And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back