Black People : What did Russel Simmons do to upset the african concious people?

Therious said:
I want to know what the posters in this forum are doing for "us"?
no one here knows Simmons personally, or how he thinks, or what he really does behind closed doors, or open doors. So until I hear from his close friends and family anything posted here is beuty shop gossip.

I don't know Simmons, I am not defending, but on the surface I see good things that he doues with his name and money.

Is Simmons really empowering people witrh his jewlery business? Well if so then more power to him.

We must stop spewing hatred towards blacks whom are famous, so many so called conscious people are just jealous haters when the curtains are drawn.

There are some black people who are of the belief that "all diamonds are blood diamonds" regardless of who is invovled in the trade.

A thread on this topic was posted last week in these threads.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471284&postcount=1

Goddess IsIs333 said:
Beloved Therious:

When we are unware of Truth, a lie will appear as Truth (osiris)

Some of our people do not desire Truth and reality, and will not know Truth and Reaity if it came Notarized.

goddess IsIs

:bullseye:

years ago when Russell came out with the magazine "ONE WORLD", we should have known he was with U.S. but no longer with US!!

Peace Goddess IsIs333

OmowaleX said:
There are some black people who are of the belief that "all diamonds are blood diamonds" regardless of who is invovled in the trade.

A thread on this topic was posted last week in these threads.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=471284&postcount=1

This is really sad.
I had no idea.
I have a diamond ring and I'd hate to think of who died or went hungry,unsheltered,thirsty so I could bling a little.
I think it's truly sad that even to this day they continue to drain us of our everything.
If these types of things continue AFRICA will be no more!:bye:

Therious said:
I want to know what the posters in this forum are doing for "us"?
no one here knows Simmons personally, or how he thinks, or what he really does behind closed doors, or open doors. So until I hear from his close friends and family anything posted here is beuty shop gossip.

I don't know Simmons, I am not defending, but on the surface I see good things that he doues with his name and money.

Is Simmons really empowering people witrh his jewlery business? Well if so then more power to him.

We must stop spewing hatred towards blacks whom are famous, so many so called conscious people are just jealous haters when the curtains are drawn.

I understand what you are saying.
I liked russel too because of all he has done.
Especially with def poetry jam because I am a poet.
But you must remember all business and money is not good.
Yes he has done alot for people but at what cost?
Morally speaking it does not sit well with me.
Russel is now a paid puppet for the white man.
Money makes people do unspeakable things at times.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back