Black People : What Cultural Rituals do black people need to create? (brainstorming session)

An interesting question, and I have just the answer. I was blessed to read some Jackson last night, so I came across a passage from Volney, a European yes, who presented quite the wonderful understanding of the Zodiac. It is through the Zodiac, and the one on the continent, heck the one for Meroe, which we here in America ought acknowledge. Here is Volney's account:

Peace ABSiblings,

so how would you transform this information into a cultural ritual? And when would it be held?

Ankhur.. I spent some time framing these questions in a particular way.. I'm asking folks to give me their ideas for what kind of rituals black folk should create.. that's the question.. I don't need yo chiming in after every post with your implied objections.. I read your response about Kwanza.. ok.. thank you.. now please back off and let other folks give their ideas without challenges from you.. Brainstorming is about creating an environment where folks feel comfortable enough to share their ideas.. What you are doing with your "Why recreate the wheel".. and "we already have that" responses is poisoning the environment.. and I would appreciate it if you stopped. You are free to open your discussion and voice your opinion over there, but please allow this thread to develop without your policing and pessimism.. thanks.
I broke no rules and stopped no one from posting anything brother but since this is an open discussion board, and since may things here have been re-posted, and re discussed, I presented my take on the thread

I broke no rules and stopped no one from posting anything brother but since this is an open discussion board, and since may things here have been re-posted, and re discussed, I presented my take on the thread

I never said you broke any rules.. I asked you to respect my intentions for creating this thread.. With all your talk about unity, I would think you would understand that respect for others is a primary component. I thanked you for your contribution of Kwanza.. we already know about it but I thanked you anyway.. now, I'm asking you to please allow others to answer the questions without your policing the boundaries of what already exists.. You clearly stated your opposition to the idea behind this thread with your obnoxiously long and redundant opening post.. and also with your "Why recreate the wheel" remark.. I don't intend to debate anyone about whether we should create new rituals or not.. I'm interested in the opinions of those people that feel like we should create new rituals. If you don't think we should create new rituals, then why post anything at all? Why not just stand to the side and allow the dialogue to develop? If you do not agree with the premise of this thread you should create your own thread that outlines your opinion, not park yourself in this one and comment-down every other persons idea. If attempting to derail the intentions of a discussion thread is not against the rules on a discussion site, it should be.. in fact, I'm going to ask that it be added as a violation.. and it probably won't be, but the seed definitely needs planting..

An interesting question, and I have just the answer. I was blessed to read some Jackson last night, so I came across a passage from Volney, a European yes, who presented quite the wonderful understanding of the Zodiac. It is through the Zodiac, and the one on the continent, heck the one for Meroe, which we here in America ought acknowledge. Here is Volney's account:
Can you please provide a reference for this zodiac at Meroe? I am familiar with Denderah but....

Ankhur.. I spent some time framing these questions in a particular way.. I'm asking folks to give me their ideas for what kind of rituals black folk should create.. that's the question.. I don't need yo chiming in after every post with your implied objections.. I read your response about Kwanza.. ok.. thank you.. now please back off and let other folks give their ideas without challenges from you.. Brainstorming is about creating an environment where folks feel comfortable enough to share their ideas.. What you are doing with your "Why recreate the wheel".. and "we already have that" responses is poisoning the environment.. and I would appreciate it if you stopped. You are free to open your discussion and voice your opinion over there, but please allow this thread to develop without your policing and pessimism.. thanks.
Naming ceremonies and rites of passage ceremonies need to be re-stored. I need moe time to think concerning your other questions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back