Black Travel : What Countries Have You Been To?

Riada said:
I’ve been to Nigeria twice for extended stays. It was such a profound experience. I have not been the same since.

Since I was there with Africans, I not only went to the posh places like the usual tourist, but went with them to visit relatives who lived in regular places—in the not so nice parts of Lagos and the interior. I stayed in a typical African village in Bendel state for a few days and nights at one of the homes of a friend’s family. The feelings, sights, smells, are indescribable. I still get goose bumps, just remembering so much about it all.

Man, I envy you guy that have been to Africa. Soon enough though. I think it's great. Let me ask you guys, what prompted you to go to Africa?

Well Kente, I had hung around with Africans a lot here in college and afterwards and I always wanted to go to Africa, the Motherland and all, so when I got the chance, I went.

Also, in answer to the thread question, I also went to Canada--twice--Toronto during college and Quebec, Montreal, and Ontario a few months ago. I forgot about these places before.

I've been to Morocco, France, Senegal, Gambia.

Love Senegal, my husband is from there, Gambia is green and beautiful. France is europe, Morocco is run by arabs who are who they are, (wasn't always the case)

Senegal is so peaceful, I love it there. Gambia very nice but extremely poor, not alot of infrastructure. The villages wonderful to visit and stay in. I am in love with Afraka with all of its problems, challenges, and potential. Once you go, you will never be the same.