Black Travel : What Countries Have You Been To?

Discussion in 'Black Travel' started by Destee, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

Brother SAMURAI said we need to get out more! :)

So i'm wondering ... how many of us have visited "other" countries.

Under what circumstance were you there, business or pleasure?

If you don't reside in the US, please tell us what country you're in, and where else you've traveled.

Those who have traveled internationally, do have more insight, than those of us who haven't.

I'm one of those who have never left the US. :cry:

Where have you been?

:heart:

Destee

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i haven't been outside the country either. well, while living in bellingham, i once went up to lynden and jumped across a ditch into canada just to say i did it. <grin>

but, given that everywhere one goes, one is only going to encounter human beings, and given that one has some experience as a human being, one can rightfully conclude that it really isn't gonna be much different barring there-local circumstances.

now, following on from where this thread started from; true - being there will put the lie to a lot of what has been spoon-fed by the media. but, as has also been said; applying a "mental cyclotron" (breaking down what is said to get to the "atomic level" of the "message") can enable one to dig the "truth" out of what is being said.

this ought to be interesting!! what is out there, Fam?

3. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've been to Mexico and recently Jamiaca and I have to say until I visited those two countries I really had no idea what Poor actually meant. Living in a "house" made of corrigated metal with electric lines coming in through the roof, now that's poor. Jamaica was gorgious, but I had a hard time understanding some of the locals.

I've also been to Europe. I try to see places that are away from tourist areas and talk to regular people, not just the people at the hotel.

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Yeah, I've been to Mexico also, but that's the only country I've been to. I'm going to Central America (Belize, I'll post pics) in November and Africa or Brazil in Summer 2006. I want to travel at least once a year outside of the country. I also want to go to Cuba even though no one I know wants me to go there because of the bad stuff they heard about Fidel Castro.I hear what you're saying about talking to regular people. I never understand why people go to other countries just to hang out with other American tourist and hotel staff. You can do that here in the US.

5. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I don't know about Cuba..I do have friends that are Dominican and I've seen pictures of that island. They told me if I decide to visit not to drive, apparently they don't pay any attention to traffic lanes and it can be scary if your not used to it.

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Sounds like Mexico to me.

I hear you though. Honestly, I don't want to really drive in any country. I'd rather be driven or take public transportation if it's safe.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i have lived in Amsterdam and Paris.

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

It sure is, and you can find people living the exact same way in the Mississippi delta.

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I've been to Kemet(Egypt) twice. Angola and Nigeria. All of the visits were for human and spiritual development

10. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    One of the reasons I was thinking about joining the Armed Forces was so I can see the world. If I'm jealous of anything that my twin sisters have done it is because they have seen places I can only imagine being, all that in the Navy too. I want to see as many places in the eastern hemisphere as possible.