Black Education / Schools : What can you do with your major?

If anyone could post some information on how I might be able to work in the chemical engineering field with a a regular B.S. in Chemistry would be very helpful. Also any info on jobs that ask for a B.S. in a science degree but is not 'bench work'.

I had a doctor tell me that her friend majored in Chemistry and then worked for Sherwin William. So I guess she's involved with the process of making paint, and she gets to travel the world accorinding to this doctor.

If anyone could post some information on how I might be able to work in the chemical engineering field with a a regular B.S. in Chemistry would be very helpful. Also any info on jobs that ask for a B.S. in a science degree but is not 'bench work'.

I had a doctor tell me that her friend majored in Chemistry and then worked for Sherwin William. So I guess she's involved with the process of making paint, and she gets to travel the world accorinding to this doctor.

Do some research.

GOOGLE for Chemistry Internships, Fellowships, employment, etc...IN YOUR AREA.

College Majors 101: Chemistry

USA JOBS: Federal Jobs By College Major

I Been looking at things like those websites since high school

Do some research.

GOOGLE for Chemistry Internships, Fellowships, employment, etc...IN YOUR AREA.

College Majors 101: Chemistry

USA JOBS: Federal Jobs By College Major

I've done plenty of research on my major, but many of these jobs are templated from day one by the colleges. They be trying to leading you to these jobs that have something to do with pharma, or conventional med. To find those jobs that are truly unique and you won't read about them through the 'Occupational Outlook', you have to come across by chance or be informed of it through a human (not these handbooks).

I was told you could get a job in certain parts of the computer manufacturing industry with a chem degree. I been looking up and down for info on that and get mostly dead ends. You also can work in textiles (clothing or materials for clothing, furniture, etc), but have yet to find something that can describe the work environment of these careers or even company names that hire??????

conspiracy

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back