Black People Politics : What can we do, to unite with Trump supporters and voters?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Given Joe Biden's desire to unite the country, what can we do to help?

What can we do, to unite with Trump supporters and voters?

Please list all of your suggestions ... :look:

Thanks in advance!

:heart:

Destee

I_AM_HER

Nov 7, 2020
Okay. That's a tough question for me. But I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has to say.

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
How should Blacks respond to Trump supporters so we can all get along?

By being mature.

I just do not believe many die-hard Republicans want Black people to succeed. They would rather have us underfoot. I prefer interacting with those who have an open mind and view us as fellow human beings.

One thing we must keep in mind is that help and support is needed to pass a new Voting Rights Act in Congress. And we need a continued effort in every Black community to push people to vote.

According to Rev. Al Sharpton, who hosts “Politics Nation” on MSNBC, 87% of Blacks and two thirds of Hispanics voted for Biden, according to exit polls. However, neither race is monolithic and those estimates are early.

Biden and Harris won with a multiracial and multicultural coalition and this must be expanded by continued recruiting, said Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He was a guest on Sharpton’s show on Sunday, Nov. 8.

I know from watching different news channels that Native Americans in Arizona proved pivotal for the Democrats turning that state Blue.

The Washington Post said many members of the Navajo Nation went to the polls on horseback. The effort was organized by 30-year old Allie Young in October, because there are few polling stations for her community which spans Arizona, Utah and New Mexico, the paper said.

We already have common ground with many Republicans. The problem as I see it is that they’re envious we are matching them with a desire for home ownership, love and defense of our own culture and our success in sports and entertainment.

I rarely reach out to Trump supporters online. What I usually did was post a blog and folks who were Republican responded.

If we can manage to get a few Republicans to see things our way, then that would be great. But most appear to be blinded by their distaste for our skin color. They may claim they love Trump because they are more interested in the economy. But that’s nonsense. It’s racism, pure and simple.

The easiest thing we can do is acknowledge the bi-racial heritage of Kamala Harris. Instead of just saying she is Black, make note that is also of South Asian descent.

I wonder what others think.

I_AM_HER

Nov 7, 2020
How should Blacks respond to Trump supporters so we can all get along?

By being mature.

I just do not believe many die-hard Republicans want Black people to succeed. They would rather have us underfoot. I prefer interacting with those who have an open mind and view us as fellow human beings.

One thing we must keep in mind is that help and support is needed to pass a new Voting Rights Act in Congress. And we need a continued effort in every Black community to push people to vote.

According to Rev. Al Sharpton, who hosts “Politics Nation” on MSNBC, 87% of Blacks and two thirds of Hispanics voted for Biden, according to exit polls. However, neither race is monolithic and those estimates are early.

Biden and Harris won with a multiracial and multicultural coalition and this must be expanded by continued recruiting, said Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He was a guest on Sharpton’s show on Sunday, Nov. 8.

I know from watching different news channels that Native Americans in Arizona proved pivotal for the Democrats turning that state Blue.

The Washington Post said many members of the Navajo Nation went to the polls on horseback. The effort was organized by 30-year old Allie Young in October, because there are few polling stations for her community which spans Arizona, Utah and New Mexico, the paper said.

We already have common ground with many Republicans. The problem as I see it is that they’re envious we are matching them with a desire for home ownership, love and defense of our own culture and our success in sports and entertainment.

I rarely reach out to Trump supporters online. What I usually did was post a blog and folks who were Republican responded.

If we can manage to get a few Republicans to see things our way, then that would be great. But most appear to be blinded by their distaste for our skin color. They may claim they love Trump because they are more interested in the economy. But that’s nonsense. It’s racism, pure and simple.

The easiest thing we can do is acknowledge the bi-racial heritage of Kamala Harris. Instead of just saying she is Black, make note that is also of South Asian descent.

I wonder what others think.
Thanks for sharing.

Your answer seems to reflect how we should unite with white Trump supporters. What about black Trump supporters?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
HODEE Black People Politics : Black and Asian Community Leaders Reveal What Would Happen If Our Communities Unite Black People Politics 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations." Black People Politics 325
Destee Black People Politics : Charlottesville - State of Emergency - Violence - Unite the Right rally Black People Politics 85
Caya Law Forum : Unite Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 15
chuck Black People Politics : Which New Approaches Do We Need To Unite Black People In 2016?!? Black People Politics 74
chuck Pan-Africanism : What Shall We Do To Unite Our African Descendants In The Americas??? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
chuck Black People : Why Is It Difficult (If impossible) For Our Generations To Unite? Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Putin’s sanctions on Americans unite Democrats, GOP Black People Politics 11
RAPTOR Black People : WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Calls on Computer Hackers to Unite Against NSA Surveillance Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Black female programmers unite for NYC hackathon Science and Technology 15
Mad Skillz Black People : Happy May Day ... Workers of the World Unite! Black People Open Forum 0
L The Front Porch : Just want to Introduce myself, and why the black community should unite! The Front Porch 7
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Black Power: 4 Black Men unite to revive American manufacturing Black People Doing Positive Things 5
Ankhur Black People : 50+ African Nations Cannot Unite to defeat one little Al Shebop group??? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Somalia : AU unite to establish order in Somalia Somalia 18
Ankhur Black People : Can we unite to form a Black political agenda? Black People Open Forum 100
Ankhur Black People : We must unite to defend our communities Black People Open Forum 52
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : May We All Unite Our Prayers, Rituals, and Powers for the safety of the Hatian people Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
brown_h0rnet Black People : SHOULD Black People Unite? Regardless of Religion Black People Open Forum 155
T Pan Africanism : We as a people have to unite African American History Culture 1
abdurratln Sudan : Sudanese Unite! Sudan 0
I Pan Africanism : BROWNSKINNED PEOPLE WORLDWIDE UNITE! African American History Culture 44
abdurratln Black People : Let's Unite Black People Open Forum 2
G Black People : Unite Afrika- One Voice, One Action, One Afrika Campaign-Sign petition please Black People Open Forum 0
rapchild Black Poetry : AFRICA UNITE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
rapchild Poetry Critiques : AFRICA UNITE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black People Will Never Unite Toward A Specific Issue Or cause Chief Elder Osiris 0
A Black Poetry : DOPE DEALERS UNITE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
$$RICH$$ Brother's Only Chat : Black men Unite / To my destee brothers Black Men 245
queentswana Black People : We're Sisters/Queens ...let's unite Black People Open Forum 0
K Africa : AFRICAN UNITE AND MODERNIZATION All Things Africa 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : White Power Unite Against Reparation !!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black Relationships : Do black women and men want to unite? Or are we just tired of each other? Black Relationships 36
1poetsought Black Poetry : Let Us Unite Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
C Africa : Africa Unite All Things Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Power Rankings Sunken Place Edition: Top 10 Black Folks who’ve lost the most since Donald Trump left office Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Dem's lawsuit accuses Trump of inciting deadly Capitol riot Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
HODEE Black People Politics : McConnell: Trump Tricked Me ..... Into Backing His Coup Black People Politics 2
HODEE Black People Politics : DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTERS SHOW UP IN SINGLES ... At Several State Capitols Black People Politics 1
R Black People Politics : Another Reason Trump Supporters Are Insane Black People Politics 3
HODEE Black People Politics : President Trump responds to Twitter account ban in tweet storm from @POTUS account Black People Politics 1
HODEE Black People Politics : Donald Trump mocked for claiming he called in National Guard to calm Capitol riots, when it was Mike Pence Black People Politics 1
Discerning Black People Politics : Biden and Harris clobber Trump again for White House Black People Politics 0
A Black People Politics : Trump won. Black People Politics 6
HODEE Black People Politics : ‘Purely outlandish stuff’: Trump’s legal machine grinds to a halt Black People Politics 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Trump shows his face as Biden completes a trouncing Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : No, I Won’t Empathize With a Trump Supporter Now—Here’s Why Black People Politics 225
Fine1952 Black People : Dr. Fauci Lied, just like trump Black People Open Forum 38
HODEE Black People Politics : VOTE_Fraud claims aimed in part at keeping Trump base loyal .. Black People Politics 3