Pan Africanism : What can we do to stop the spread of aids in Africa?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by youngblackceo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    "Ideas yall? What can any of us do? what is the scope of the problem"?

This was a question that was asked by a brother from another board. Here was my answer to his question. I would like to hear what you guys think about this also.

Originally posted by osiris
    Until we can come to the conclusion as to how this disease got here in the first place, there won't be much we can do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** by that time alot of people will have died. Look there are alot of theories as to where this virus came from. The most popular theory is that it is man-made and the creation and infection of the disease may serve a political and economic purpose for white people. Know whether this theory is true or not is not the point. I'm going to try and answer brother tmonster question. "How can we help stop the spread of Aids in Africa."

I think one of the most important aspects that is never brought up when blacks are discussing something like this is the fact that we as Africans all over the world are so subceptible to the attacks of others especially from europeans. A major part of the problem with the aids crisis in Africa and in the US. in the black community is the fact that we have no real power. Let me put it this way we have no nation are a base of power were we can collectively conspire together to produce the institutions we need to devolop the people we need that could combat issues such as this.

People you have got to have a nation that has been set up by the people to insure the survival of the group. Look at black folks in america we have all kinds of doctors and other so-called educated people, but yet collectively we are not able to do anything to stop the biological warfare that is being wage against us. There is no simple answer to this question but I know for a fact until Africans especially in America start thinking in terms of nation building. We will never be able to produce the type of people and institutions we need to combat any attacks against us whether it be biological are physical.

I hope this will give you guys a good idea on how I feel about this crisis. I also have attached two excerpts from some speeches that may also give you a good idea on what I was trying to say.

1. http://switchboard.real.com/player/...lackconsciousness.com/media/BLACK_MANHOOD.ram

2. http://switchboard.real.com/player/...w.blackconsciousness.com/media/BLUE_PRINT.ram

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    if i ever have sex with an African (doubtful at best) I'll be certain to put on my hazmat suit.

4. Tyrone69

Tyrone69 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It was in the news that some area of africa the young blacks were having sex with goats so they did not catch aids. They thought the goats were cleaner than black women.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    did anyone ask what the goats thought?

6. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

:haha: :haha: :haha: !!!

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

8. 1hotvirgowoman

Ratings:
    +6

Cedric Man, I hate to Burst your Bubble, but Bestiality is not uncommon- especially in Africa. They do it in Ireland too- hell, anywhere there are Goats or Cows- there is bound to be a little bit of Beastiality Bro'. You are right, The News tends to always focus on the Negative rather than speak on the positive. I find myself turning the T.V. off nowadays because everything is always soo negative. That's Society for ya'......

9. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Bustin bubbles

Sister 1hotvirgowoman,
    I dont usually get involved with discussions based on opinions, but I must ask you to do a little research about the African continent and her people, so you can discover where you got that bad information about Black people and beastiality. Not only is it incorrect but its also a slander on yourself because lies like that are told about you/us every day. You may want to check out the 'Venus Hottentot' link at BLACKLAND Studies @ www.whgbetc.com/mind

The direct link is: http://www.whgbetc.com/mind/hottentot_venus_emory.html

10. 1hotvirgowoman

Ratings:
    +6

Well then, I guess that I need to stop watching PBS huhn?. Whether you want to admit to it or not- it does happen Old'Soul, it happens to MY People as well as other Races. Now, as far as practicing Beastiality to save one's self from AIDs I cannot speak on. I am not in Africa, therefore, I donnot know how they deal with that. But Beastiality is World Wide Bro', that's a FACT.

By the way, have you ever read Toni Morrison's "Beloved"?.....A Good Book ain't it- that is, if you've read it.