Black Relationships : What can we do to promote marriage?

What are some tactics to promote marriage among the young people?

Another approach is Community Building. Realistically, well-to-do Africans can not expect to marry too early because there is no predicting how their lives will turn out. A Community is a rock of stability. With instability marriage is actually irresponsible.

Take for instance some women I met the other day. Some were law students, others were medical students. Following their education, they'll need internships and residencies, then they'll need to work in unpredictable opportunities (for instance another part of the city.) To live with a man simultaneously and raise a family would be a handful some may not be willing to take--with just any man. And yet, without even a Community, where would they find the worthwhile man?

As to women not seeking Professional careers, there is a similar problem. The men who are not well-to-do are frequently targeted by a system which makes an unpredictable situation. He's the first fired, and he's the longest imprisoned. If we neither set up services to employ or conduct ourselves, then how can we expect a woman to will marriage?

Granted, that's writing from her perspective, but it's similar for the man, too. If he's a Professional, he may not know where he'll be tomorrow. And with regard other men, I mean, well, I couldn't say, but he's a target of a system and she's a target of a system and therein is the reason for the divide.

Though, for what it's worth, we are marrying one another. It's a matter of finding the right person, which is hard in an individualist and superficial situation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back