Phones and Apps : What Can a Smart Phone Do - That a Cell Phone Cannot Do?

There are many very useful business apps. For instance, one's clients/customers, can sign contracts, sign releases, swipe credit cards for payments and quite a lot of other things. You can keep track of your bank accounts, Paypal, Google Wallet and others. Set your calendar. Watch movies, surf the net and Youtube. Email, Twitter, Facebook, G+. It 's a library of books and music. A photo album. A camera and video recorder. Even a voice recorder for memos. You can play games. There are some really great apps for storing all of your recipes, so its a cook book. It's a remote control for the apple tv. A GPS, an intercom system for your house, and the list goes on and on. A smart phone is a completely different experience than just a cell phone. I am ios phone and tablet. The kids are droid except for their ipods. The hubby is non smart phone but droid for his tablet.

Yeah, it can do a lot that we unfortunately don't know about. It keeps track of you no matter where you are. The government can just sit and listen to you talking even when the phone is off. According to them, the only way around this is to take the batteries out. I guess before it's over, we really are going to need the "mark of the beast" (white man) in order to sell, buy or do anything. Amazing isn't it!? Everything that we've been looking for and dreading is already down here on the physical plane with us!

I think most people don't really care about the tracking capabilities of these devices.. What would the government see if they were watching you anyway?.. for most folks.. nothing.. just a routine life. Another way to look at it is that these devices that indicate exactly where you are and what you are doing can also be used as to prove you were not somewhere else doing something else.. as was the case with Rodney Bradford a couple of years ago.. http://articles.cnn.com/2009-11-12/justice/facebook.alibi_1_facebook-alibi-update?_s=PM:CRIME

Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm one of those wondering, what exactly makes a smart phone smart, and what can it do that a cell phone cannot do?

I did a little searching, and it seems that the primary piece that makes a smart phone smart, is that it has its own operating system, unlike a cell phone.

Depending on which smart phone you have, it may be powered by any one of the following operating systems :
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. iPhone OS
  3. Google’s Android
  4. Symbian OS
  5. RIM’s BlackBerry
  6. Palm’s WebOS
  7. Linux
In addition to having its own operating system, it can load / edit documents, and send email.

Is that it?

From what i read, there is no industry standard for a "smart phone" and its capabilities are ever evolving.

Is there more that a smart phone can do, that a cell phone can't do, that makes it so much smarter?

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

There is not more that I can add to what has been stated. I never got as much usage out of my blackberry that I get from my iPhone. It synchs all of my email, twitter, Facebook, MySpace and YouTube accounts. The only thing lacking is its incompatibility with adobe flash. It has made my slower laptops incomplete and has made me more mobile. I decided to upgrade from the cell phone because last October I found my cell photo quality very poor but now the photos and video I shoot have much better resolution and I can upload immediately. Very useful for a constant blogger such as myself. It also serves as a personal hotspot for when I do use my laptops.

I'm not. I have a tin-foil hat. It tends to be shinier than most peoples' .....

Whew! Man! I was really learning something in this thread until I got to bro Khasm13 and you. This just went over my head.

There are many very useful business apps. For instance, one's clients/customers, can sign contracts, sign releases, swipe credit cards for payments and quite a lot of other things. You can keep track of your bank accounts, Paypal, Google Wallet and others. Set your calendar. Watch movies, surf the net and Youtube. Email, Twitter, Facebook, G+. It 's a library of books and music. A photo album. A camera and video recorder. Even a voice recorder for memos. You can play games. There are some really great apps for storing all of your recipes, so its a cook book. It's a remote control for the apple tv. A GPS, an intercom system for your house, and the list goes on and on. A smart phone is a completely different experience than just a cell phone. I am ios phone and tablet. The kids are droid except for their ipods. The hubby is non smart phone but droid for his tablet.

Get out! It does all that!?

scary. But I don't think I want one, though. Right now, I don't see why I would need it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back