Black Spirituality Religion : What Black People Need to Know About Jesus.....

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Autrey2, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Autrey2

Autrey2 Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +5
    Greetings to you from Jesus Christ:

I'd like to say good day to you, again. It's a pleasure to speak to you. But most important of all, I want you to know that Jesus loves you. I know it may not seem like it sometimes, but he does. This is especially true when he allows us to go through hard trials as many of are going through now.

Now let me say this about Jesus: Jesus is God. He's the Almighty God. My father explained this to me when I was a child. And so did almost all the old people I knew. The problem was, they just didn't know how to how to properly express it, but we do now.

It is all in how God identifies himself when he speaks to us. Let's say it like this. When the Almighty God speaks to us, he does it as Jesus. Or to put it more plainly, when God speaks to us he says, "I am Jesus." The Father then, is God’s other name. And there is a third name of God, the Holy Spirit. So we should not be surprised when God speaks of himself as the Father, too. But, of course, he always does this as Jesus.

But let’s get back to God as Jesus. That is to say, let’s get back to seeing God as Jesus when he spoke to Moses and led his people through the Red Sea, and when he spoke to the prophets of old and told them what would happen in the future; and when he speaks to us now as people of color and watches over us.

We see this expressed most vividly in Psalm 5 when David says, “O Lord, hear me as I pray. Pay attention to my groaning.” That is to say, contrary to what most preachers are saying to us today, it is not wrong to groan. David did, and so can we! Sometimes that is all we can do. The situation is just that bad. And too, notice that David called God Jesus by using the term Lord, meaning Lord Jesus. Paul says the same thing in Romans 10:9 when he says to us that we must confess that Jesus is Lord to be saved, a reference to Psalm 68:19 where David says of God as Jesus, “praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.” That’s what the name Jesus means, you know; the God who saves or God save me.

David continues: “Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God.” So again, David is saying the same thing to us. When we are in trouble, it is not wrong to cry out to Jesus like the people of old did for protection and help. This is true regardless of what we hear preacher saying now. They say this because they no longer see Jesus as their God. That is to say, they think of him now as a lesser figure or a sub-god, or a figure only sent by God but not God himself. But he is!

But we must remember what John said to us about Jesus in John I:1, “In the beginning was the Word … and the Word was God.” Then John goes on to further say that Jesus is God by saying: “By him all things were made, and without him nothing was made that has been made.” So please do not be confused by the use of the term Son of God when Jesus speaks of himself. It is just a term or title Jesus used to identify himself as he walked on earth as a human. He also called himself the Son of Man, and we don’t become confused by this.

And too, since Jesus rules in the hearts and minds of all those who give their lives to him the message of Jesus to us as people of color is not a social message, nor is it a message of health, wealth and prosperity. Nor is it a “name it and claim it” message. It is a message of salvation, as we have always known. That is to say, Jesus wants us as people of color to be saved so we can go to heaven, just as he wants all people to go to heaven. That's why he came, you know. So what we preach is, "Come ye, come ye all, ye people of color too. Come and have your sins washed away by the blood of Jesus."

What I am saying is, as people of color we must call God by his New Testament name Jesus, regardless of what others are now telling us. Jesus is the name the angel gave him, "... and you are to name him Jesus," the angel said to Joseph.

That is to say, just because it is no longer fashionable in our churches to call God Jesus does not make it right. And too, just because most people now prefer to call him by his other names, such as Father God, the Holy Spirit, etc. does not make it right. This is disrespect to the one who made us. We must remember that all this happened in the last few decades when many of us were led astray by strange new beliefs, leading us to believe that we no longer needed Jesus to help us get by, a great spiritual deception and conspiracy by Satan.

And too, if God tells us to call him Jesus in the Bible, this is what we must call him if we want him to answer us when we call. This shows respect for his authority. What I am saying is, even on a human level we see this to be true in our lives. Let’s say it like this, even I as a human will not answer you if you refuse to call me by my given name. And so it is with God.

So David continues in concludes in Psalm 5: “For I will never pray to anyone but you! Listen to my voice in the morning Lord Jesus. Each morning I bring my request to you and wait on you."

May God bless you,

Autrey 2

P.S. ... If you want to know more about Jesus as God coming to save us from our sins, you can purchase my book "God's Message to the Christian Church" from Amazon, at amazon.com.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Welcome Autrey2,

Since Black people are some of most religious folk on the planet, what premises are you operating with to draw the conclusion reached in your title, below?

What Black People Need to Know About Jesus.....

Or, is the title one of the premises relied upon for the conclusion you've reached? And if so, share the other premises, or simply point them out, if they are found in the body of your posted thread content(s).

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    :hello: Autrey2 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Please make yourself right at home because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Thanks for sharing that Autrey2. Most people I know, and I know quite a few, believe that Jesus, Yashua, Eashoa is God. And according to scripture, Jesus is God's firstborn.

5. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hello,
    :)Nice to meet you!!!
    I have one question for you I am not bashing you personally and I know you are new so I took that in consideration.
    I see where you going clearly with this, but How can God and Jesus and The Holy Spirit be all in one person?
    I read your post and believe me I get it, but logic plays in somewhere because there is no proof that Jesus really existed plus our ancestors had a spiritual system before they was force to accept a religious system.
    Me personally is not a atheist or a real agnostic but I believe there is a God but as far as Jesus, he was force to exist to control us.
    Jesus again could have existed, but it is hard to prove beyond the bible.

I understand that we need duality in life but has Jesus did anything to save our people from the atrocities we endured coming to this country. We came here as slaves not free willed and was hated more than any other group of people in the world.
    That is your right to believe what you believe and to make it clear I am not trying to say what you stating is wrong because you might be right and I am wrong,but many view religion as such though as an instrument of divisiveness instead of bringing us together.
    If I am wrong feel free to correct me.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

I must vehemently disagree and reject your explanation of the Trinity, its horrible; and its symbolic of the three headed God.

The God head consists of three (3) separate entities, not a three headed monster, as some teach:

The Christian god is a three headed monster

This quotation is frequently seen on the World Wide Web, attributed to Thomas Jefferson:

"The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."[1]

This quotation has not been found in any writings of Thomas Jefferson. However, it does bear some slight resemblance to several genuine Jefferson quotations, so it is feasible that the above could be traced back to these. On 8 December 1822, Jefferson wrote to James Smith ...

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/christian-god-three-headed-monster

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Don't be sorry, be scriptural and put common sense aside. Show and prove your thoughts with biblical accounts.

To say what you said below is far from the truth. I don't purport the
    Trinity to be a three headed monster, I reject that teaching, remember?

"I am sorry you feel that the concept of God as a Trinity of persons is a monster."

I await to see some scripture from you in support of your thoughts, Autrey2.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Below are the scriptures you've cited, supposedly, in support of these words, Autrey2:

"... Let's say it like this, you can be blazejey to us on the internet, and John or Paul to the other people in your life. And you do not have to divide your substance into three parts to do it. In fact, you can have as many self perceptions of yourself as you like and still be you. This is how the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God; they are his self perceptions, i.e., his persons in English language ..."

May God bless you,
    Autrey2

Autrey2, Today at 12:01 AM

Deuteronomy 6:4
    Deuteronomy 4:35, 39
    Isaiah 45:21-23
    John 17:3
    Acts 5:3-4
    John 1:1
    Philippians 2:6
    Isaiah 6:8
    John 3
    John 14
    John 10:30

These scriptures tell us what believers already know and accept about God being one; there are no other Gods, and that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God. But nothing about the Godhead being three separate persons. In your rambling, you allude to God's existence as three persons:

"Dear blazejey,

As people made in God's image, God's existence as three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, is similar to our existence as a single person. Let's say it like this. Your self or person is who you are, or how you perceive yourself, or how you present yourself to others. You might say, it is your mental concept of who you are ..."

May God forever bless you,
    Autrey2

Autrey2, Yesterday at 10:57 PM

But you quickly compare the complexity of the Godhead to human existence, as in the example above; a huge mistake.

Furthermore, you do not cite any scripture explaining that God the Father sent both his Son Jesus and the Comforter, the third part of the Trinity, known as the Holy Ghost/Spirit. And that both of these entities are subordinate to God the Father but are God, at the same time. Both perform the work and the will of God the Father, as separate persons. These three make up the Godhead, Elohim.

9. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Hello and welcome Autrey2 to Destee...I hope you will enjoy your stay.:cool:

This is the only thing I take issue with. Faith is personal, you can't speak for everybody. I don't believe in god, because I am god, we all are. And this religion you praise was stolen from us and twisted, and is the worst enemy to the black race I can think of. But that me, I can't speak for other black atheist and how they feel about it.

Peace!

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • List
  10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Are you aware that the word trinity is nowhere in the bible? So if this is the case, how have you arrived at this point of saying that it is a part of the bible? This tautology of your explains nothing, but it is confusing.

I know you are new here but this forum that you've posted this in allows everybody that has an opinion the freedom to give it. But if you only want like minded individuals that will be in agreement with you, this subject, and others like it should be posted in the Bible Study group forum. That forum is only for those that believe as you do. The only time I have a voice in there is to advise a member of the rules for being in there. Just making you aware of the difference between these two types of forums.

Peace!