Quiet Poetry Lounge : What becomes of the Broken Hearted?

nfinite

Apr 22, 2004
What becomes of the broken hearted?

I've tried loving, tried hoping that this could lead to place where I'd find peace

But that was just as far fetched as the possibility

Of holding on to someone else's property

Perhaps it seems naïve but I loved loving you

And you loving me

So what happens now?

We started simple not allowing labels

To create fables in our perfect world

You had an obligation, which was cool with me

Because I wasn't interested in being your girl

Emotions involved was a notion dissolved

Never thought I'd care enough to say I loved you

It was easy doing me, and allowing you to be you

But soon I saw no one above you

So what happens now?

I've found not just a fling but a serious being

That I'd lie if I said I didn't see future endeavors with

But the lingering obligations of yours has turned into more

That just a childish myth…

Who are we to believe we can create house

When you've built your home with someone else

But who am I to sit around and fool myself

Into thinking

That I can put how I feel about you upon the shelf

It's not funny how the clock tick tocks

That's some bullsh*t if I've ever seen

But the reality of this thing

Turned into a nightmare beyond my wildest dream

I love you but I hate me for loving you

I hate you for loving me

I hate you for not leaving her

I hate me for intriguing blurs

We know the inevitable would soon be edible

But this loving is incredible

This loving was incredible

I have to cut my ends and regain what's left of my integrity

Leaving no room for allegations or self reserved pity

This is just a sorrow filled song, played for time from the time

That we departed…

even without you here

I'm still left wondering what becomes of the brokenhearted?

So what happens now?

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
so often in time and space that heart will heal and move in a direction of a new love
a stronger hold and sometime the broken heart is patched up only to leak again
only time would tell where the heart may go......Faith is strong will is the key

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
Broken hearts do heal, with the hope that something was learned along the way, and that the next time, and there will be a next time, you'll meet the right person for you. I felt the sadness in these lines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Discerning Black People Politics : When Biden becomes President, what will it look like? Black People Politics 0
Al D Black People : Sierra Leone youth becomes inspired to start a business from tragedy and hard times Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Positive People : Maame Biney becomes first black woman to qualify for U.S. Olympic speedskating team Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : 'Bachelor' contestant Rachel Lindsay becomes first African-American 'Bachelorette' Black Entertainment 4
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : obama-becomes-target-of-racist-memes-on-russian-social-media Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : teen-becomes-first-miss-minnesota-usa-contestant-to-wear-a-hijab Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Destee Black People Politics : When Trump Becomes President - What Will it Look Like? Black People Politics 3558
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : FBI Chief James Comey Stirs Tensions, Becomes Political Problem for WH Black People Politics 0
Lrae Black Positive People : Misty Copeland becomes first black female principal ballerina of the American Ballet Theater Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Misty Copeland Becomes the First African-American Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre Black People Doing Positive Things 0
IFE Black Positive People : Adam Kirby, 2, becomes Youngest Ever to Join Genius Club Mensa Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : Janet Jackson Becomes Muslim, and quits Showbiz Black Entertainment 3
Alarm Clock Black Positive People : Black Woman becomes the Mayor of Compton, Ca; Aja Brown Black People Doing Positive Things 0
daroc Quiet Poetry Lounge : While Flesh Becomes Fabric Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kemetstry Law Forum : Detroit Prosecutor Becomes Heroine Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
Ankhur Black People : The Imperative for Black Nationalism Becomes More Evident Black People Open Forum 42
Ankhur Black People Politics : The Imperative for Pan Africanism becomes more evident each day Black People Politics 12
Ankhur Black People : The Imperative for Collective Black Economics Becomes More Obvious each day Black People Open Forum 1
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Black Power: Ex-MLB slugger becomes Affordable Housing titan Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Knowledge Seed Black People : Black Power: Ex-NBA player becomes Wendy's 2nd biggest Franchisee Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Black People Politics : As a Liberal Democrat President becomes more and more Conservitve, how many of us will follow? Black People Politics 1
Istari Black People : Documentary: Brutal Liberrian warlord becomes Christian preacher Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : Ancient Tribal Language Becomes Extinct as Last Speaker Dies Black People Open Forum 1
E Black Poetry : Until the Handle Becomes Too Hot Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
DymePlaya2g Black Poetry : Love without love always becomes what it needs to be!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : When The Dream Becomes Bigger Than The Dreamer.... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
G Black Spirituality Religion : When your enemy Becomes your Diety-The Church and Slavery-God and Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
G Black People : When your enemy Becomes your Diety-The Church and Slavery-God and Slavery Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Johnny Cochran Becomes an Ancestor Honoring Black Ancestors 24
Queenie Black People : Change becomes the status quo Black People Open Forum 0
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : How does poetry becomes the poet’s soul? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” got fast lace but like a glass vase it can be broken while a boy is hoping to chase and embrace my waist my lips red hot but not Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : In a vessel from my broken heart where my eternal love for you is stored, bloody ink of love of love of suffering, with red tears of sorrow I write ab Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Expert: America's 'legacy of racism' led to a broken drug treatment system Black Health and Wellness 0
Ndugu Black Ancestors : A Strong Congressman; Cummings suffered from a Broken Heart, seeing what a Cultural Virus , did to our people! Honoring Black Ancestors 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : Planned broken record/#asalwaysoxi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Law Forum : How Our Broken Justice System Led to a Sexual Harassment Crisis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
IFE Law Forum : How Our Broken Justice System Led to a Sexual Harassment Crisis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Turns Out T. Rex Would’ve Broken its Tiny Legs if it Tried to Run Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : detroit-voting-machines-broken-election-day Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : tony-romo-suffered-broken-back Black Sports 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : 4 Mysteries From Ancient Egypt We Still Can't Figure Out-To Include Why Statues Have Broken Noses Egypt 5
Destee Support : Are Yall Seeing Broken Images on the Site? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 18
coey30 Black Poetry : Bent Until Broken Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Liberty Law Forum : Watch: Trailer for Vice Special on Broken Criminal Justice System, Featuring President Obama (Sept. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Broken Leaves Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
coey30 Black Poetry : Bent Until Broken Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Collaboration of a broken heart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : Al Green "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" (1972) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
thatgirl74 Black Poetry : Is it Broken? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2