Black Spirituality Religion : What are your thoughts on whether metaphysics is inconsistent with your current belief system?

Hello Family. I am itching to get a real discussion going about the relevance (or not) of metaphysical principles and practices to us as a people, regardless of our religious or spiritual beliefs. Any takers?

Thank you sista, I've been looking forward to this..:cool:

Metaphysics is absolutely consistent with what I believe. IMO it’s deals the one substance that necessarily exists, causes, and connects the many material things we observe. The one substance I’m talking about is space. Space is what we all are experience existing in, and nothing can be created from in but all is created in it. It’s also infinite, eternal and continuous.

Aristotle’s “First Philosophy” deals with what I’m talking about. Metaphysics seeks to ignore the differences between the individual thing, and focus merely on that which they have in common. But some time ago I’ve chosen to study African metaphysics because it who, and what I identify with, and we were the first in many types of knowledge, this being one of them. Africans that study this see everything that exist as being, so nothing that exist is taken lightly.

Peace!

more likely, i'd be better off converting. (ideally, of course, would be a paper copy, but i can imagine that for a first effort electronic publication might be cheaper and easier?)

however, as i said, i don't do plastic (or banks or tv or facebook or religion or economics or the insurance scam or most of this "caucasian reality" that keeps folks brainwashed into thinking that this is the only way to do existence); might there be a po box that i could send a money order to? i think i've placed this title way up on my "must have: intriguing" short-list. and/or maybe in a "raw" (pre-kindle) format?

ok, maybe it was getting late, or i was overwhelmed by the whirlwind of thinking that had gotten provoked: i should have realized that that was the strategy your experience would have had you embarked on! 'scuse, please!

Thank you for paying me the compliment of being intrigued by my book. Self-publishing on Amazon seemed to be the ideal choice for getting my ideas out of my head and into the world. Unfortunately, I don't have any other means set up for people to acquire it at this time. Maybe that will change in the near future.

In the meantime, are there any topics or questions that you think would enrich our current discussion?

Metaphysics is absolutely consistent with what I believe. IMO it’s deals the one substance that necessarily exists, causes, and connects the many material things we observe. The one substance I’m talking about is space. Space is what we all are experience existing in, and nothing can be created from in but all is created in it. It’s also infinite, eternal and continuous.

Aristotle’s “First Philosophy” deals with what I’m talking about. Metaphysics seeks to ignore the differences between the individual thing, and focus merely on that which they have in common. But some time ago I’ve chosen to study African metaphysics because it who, and what I identify with, and we were the first in many types of knowledge, this being one of them. Africans that study this see everything that exist as being, so nothing that exist is taken lightly.

Peace!

It seems that one theme that runs through many interpretations of what metaphysics is is that of existence being a Unity.

Peace!

Exactly! One thing that many interpretations of what metaphysics is have in common is the idea that all is a Unity. My particular background in the study of the subject comes from both religious and secular sources, including the branch of philosophy that goes by that name. But I don't know about African metaphysics and would appreciate a little more information about its particulars.

Blessings! :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back