Black Spirituality Religion : What are your thoughts on Religion? (No Preaching, please)

What is your religion

• Christianity

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Islam

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism /other (no offense)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don\\\'t practice formal religion

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
A007 said:
Music Producer,

How are the God of the old testament different? Why does not testament describe us and the other does not?
I’m assuming you are asking how is the GOD of the Old Testaments different from any other god?
Everything GOD predicted has come to pass. HE is the only GOD that chooses a people; show human emotions, desires and carrying for humans. There is no other Book that exists like the Old Testament in which the reader can experience a GOD on an emotional level. In reading the Old Testaments one can see the forgiveness of GOD, one can become angry with GOD, one can feel sorrow for GOD, all of the information needed to see GOD as real and existing is there, no invention of GODs character is necessary. In Deuteronomy the people of GOD can compare their history to see if it matches the information and curses listed, if it does then you have a higher probability of being a descendant of the people in the Old Testaments.

Most other books are not like this, they are mostly just one liners or flat characters and there is no development as to the workings, desires or insights into that god. Most of it is left for the reader to assume and invent or imagine. For example the Koran or the New Testaments could not exist on their own because they never formulate or manifest GOD and HIS people, they are written as bits and pieces of a whole that can only be seen in the Old Testaments. If you didn’t have the Old Testaments but you had the Koran or the New Testaments you wouldn’t have any idea as to who Israel is, you would have any idea or concept of the mission of GOD. But yet followers of those religions seem to despise the Old Testaments and are not interested in what GOD HIMSELF has to say with HIS own Breath.

I have seen them put the words of Gabriel or an Angel above the Words of GOD. I have seen them put the words of Jesus, Peter, Luke or John above the Word of GOD. They justify this be saying it is all the Word of GOD. I can agree with that but it is also the Word of GOD that said HE would test or prove your love for HIM. Only in the Old Testaments is this testing or this type of vital information revealed.

There are many books, many books, but there is only one Master Book this Master Book can be recognized by it’s ability to stand on it’s own. So far the Old Testaments fits the bill but I continue to search others out.

Personally,

I don't give a flip about religion. My security and my destiny in God, rest solely upon my relationship with Him. No religion could ever come close to that which I have with Him thru the death and resurrection of His precious Son, Jesus. He is not something I practice on Sunday morning and Wednesday nite...He is something I live, breathe and so very much adore. He is so very real to me and thus I make it my business to be real to Him.

...loving Him always and forever.

~j

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back