Black Relationships : What are your thoughts on interracial dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned that interracial couples were "not natural". Where did they come up with that one?

Unnatural relationships are those of the same sex (homosexuals and lesbians) and God Himself condemns this.

I would marry a man of another color IF he's for me and would be more concerned with our future happiness.

I've dated white men in the past and will continue to do so. I don't focus on the color of a man's skin, but more on his character.

And for those who are anti-IR, the best thing to do is to get over it. Some things you can't change.

I don't advocate that one should avidly pursue someone of another race, but to pursue love and happiness. If my son or daughter brings home a white woman or a white man, I would not be upset, just as long as it's someone of the opposite sex.

intersting, not saying that interracial couples are unnatural or anything but can you invest the time in explaining something to him or her when a ni### moment come up like racial profiling, glass ceilings the civil rights movement or affirmative action and wsp-white skin privilege? And can you stand the reply of 'manifest' destiny, individualism, raising yourself by your own bootstrap and the classic-get over it?

As a Christian, I am told by God to not bear hatred for anyone. And in God's view, there is no race superior over the other. We know that man has dominated man, in our case, whites have dominated us.

My view today is that I have no fear of man and the white people do not dominate me. I cower NOT to them or any man or woman.

And I still say that if a person does not like to see interracial couples, basically there is nothing he or she can do about it. If this is not your "cup of tea", don't drink it.

I'm not for same sex couples, but I don't try to harm those who are involved in that situation. I will never agree with it, but in life, we all have choices.

God warned us to avoid those who are non-believers. Nowhere in the bible does it indicate that we cannot be involved with people of a different skin color. As for me, I would not want to be involved with a Muslim man or any man who was not a born-again Christian, even if the Muslim man was of my race.

watzinaname said:
Hi Flojo. We all have some different racial mixtures in us. What I am wondering, is your racial makeup predominately races other than black, and so your family went along with the one drop "rule"? Or did they go along with it because you're mostly black, with some other races mixed in?

Unfortunately, I don't know which is dominant. African American and American Indian I am told. They"went along" with the one drop rule because so many of my ancestors were made to, I guess. And noone wanted to 'ignore' one race, and claim the other because of what the other race would say or think or do. In my case, I would just like to be one or the other, and from where I am standing, neither is better. If I go out with a white man, I'm tryin to be white. If I go out with a black man... his friends, acquaintances, family will just view me as another white girl. Why does it matter which race is predominant? I am a Good person, reguardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back