Black Relationships : What are your thoughts on interracial dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGELIC SOUL

Dec 28, 2003
Michigan
Occupation
I gotta a job while I chase my dream
Trying to understand

Nia Maishani said:
I think if we tried even 1/1,000,000th as hard to embrace those of our own culture as we do to keep our arms, homes, beds, minds etc. open to other cultures, we could have a good chance at escaping our modern day bondage. That of the Psyche.

Hello, I am new to this thread and it looks as though it is a powerful one! I just wanted to add my opinon. The thread said "interracial dating"... doesn't that mean anyone of any race? I didn't have the time to look at all of the responses, there are so many, but I don't feel there is anything wrong with finding love within another culture. Slavery has in my opinion warped so many things within us as african americans. Racisim has cause us to be suspicious and cold. I am judging, nor stating that this applies to everyone. I feel that love and friendship can come in many different colors and so can love. It is a shame that two people who genuinely find love in another race is called a traiter, or a hater of there own. Or thier children have to be teased or looked down upon. This country has truely blinded individuals due to ignorance of a few that started this mess, back in slavery and for we know it, before that when the Europeans were conquering other countries. Doesn't awareness start with knowledge, and awarness cause one to change their way of thinking? I know it is not an easy task, but it would be nice if we could just love.. lol. I know ya'll gonna blaze me for this one. Its just how I feel. Maybe it won't ever happen? Hopefully the world will change enough so that it will?

Just my feelings
Lady Bastet

vj57

Dec 25, 2003
Sekhemu:

I will pray for you because you need it. I don't know what color or how my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ was while He was on earth. All I know is that He died for me and YOU. I acknowledge Him as my Lord and Savior and it is HE who has given me love.

To KNOW Jesus is to KNOW love. Apparently, you don't KNOW Him. But this is a guarantee: You will meet Him one day and it will not matter what race He looks like, the sad fact is that you will bow your knee in acknowledgement. Sad because IF you have rejected Him and His love and continue to show hatred, your knee bowing will not be happy.

I don't read books which promote lies and hatred. That's what got the German people in trouble - they thought Hitler was their savior.

Anyone who preaches division, hatred of another race, and dislike for those who don't agree with them, I don't bother with.

Have a good day and I will pray that you come to know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Because without Him - well, let's just say, you don't want to be without Him.

Nfant_De_Milieu

Jan 21, 2003
Let me put in my 2cents....
It is no ones business but your own on who you date.

You know what makes a rainbow so beautiful, it is all the different colors.

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
vj57 said:
Sekhemu:

I will pray for you because you need it. I don't know what color or how my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ was while He was on earth. All I know is that He died for me and YOU. I acknowledge Him as my Lord and Savior and it is HE who has given me love.

To KNOW Jesus is to KNOW love. Apparently, you don't KNOW Him. But this is a guarantee: You will meet Him one day and it will not matter what race He looks like, the sad fact is that you will bow your knee in acknowledgement. Sad because IF you have rejected Him and His love and continue to show hatred, your knee bowing will not be happy.

I don't read books which promote lies and hatred. That's what got the German people in trouble - they thought Hitler was their savior.

Anyone who preaches division, hatred of another race, and dislike for those who don't agree with them, I don't bother with.

Have a good day and I will pray that you come to know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Because without Him - well, let's just say, you don't want to be without Him.
Once again you show how chauvanistic you are regarding your beliefs. Plain and simple, I don't pray to the God of the people that enslaved my ancestors, and forbid them from praying to our own God and venerating those that came before us. Period. WHere is the African God?
Before you there was a man by the Greek name of Jesus, there was Heru, of Khemit. Look him up if you dare, you will find startling comparisons. BTW Jesus Christ is not his first and last name lol.

It is extraodinarily condescending, as well as ignorant for you, or anyone else to insist that the beliefs of non-christians is invalid. You claim you do not bother with people that "anyone that preaches division and hatred for another race you don't bother with" what a contradiction. As I stated in the previous post, your religion is replete with hatred for gentiles and others by your God you call Jehovah, you may want to know that there is no J in Hebrew, the correct spelling is YHWH.

Your Jesus/Yeshua died for me? Says who. the same man that said the black man kown as Ham was cursed to be a servant for eternity? Yeah Right!

You don't read books that promote lies and hatred" how ignorant of you. How can you prove if the books are false if you never read them. This is the typical easy way out of an honest debate.

Bow my knee in acknowledgement? that sounds like a huge ego trip, wouldn't you say. If your jesus is self-contained why would he care about who bows? That sounds more like a human than a God.

You apparently don't know much about what the gnosics wrote about the false god of this world called Yadabaoth who "ordered man" to recognize no other God before him. Sound familiar. In your case.... I doubt it!

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
WARNING!

The recent discussion has gotten way off the topic of this thread and I would suggest that those who have nothing else to contribute to IT should refrain from carrying on a personal "back and forth" because it does not lend itself to anything enlightening nor productive.

To those who this applies to, thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Peace! :spinstar:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sister Queenie ... we've probably exhausted this topic (at least in this thread, 36 pages!), so i'm going to go ahead and close it.

If the Family has more to add on this topic, i'm sure they'll start another thread.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: