Black People : What are your thoughts about black hating attitudes about latinos in 2017?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Mar 28, 2017.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,603
    Being that several of my own family members also have black and latino parents, I'd appreciated your feedback as regards this touchy subject as well, destee.com posters...

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,342
    There's always going to be people who hate you for stuff you can't help, like your ethnic background. I, personally, would rather not be one of them. Even though I'm not one to think that latinos are open to friendship with black people just because both sides have known oppression, I don't hate them. I just mind my business and live my life.

That there are other black people who hate latinos isn't really something I can help, because I'm responsible for me and my own thoughts, not them and theirs. All each person can do is give the best example they can to those generations coming up on how to treat other humans being regardless of their ethnic make-up.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,603
    Always your comments are very appreciated and quite welcomed...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,603
    Please do feel free to share your thoughts with me on this touchy subject as well, destee.com posters...

5. jimmyjam

jimmyjam Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not really concerned about black hating attitudes about latinos or vice versa. Im on a majority white campus 4 days out the week and the most predjudiced i see are from Asians....they hate us (i.e US being African americans) they dont even acknowledge us....or when passing they act as if we (again AA or Blacks) dont even exist. Again I'm not really concerned about other races hating us (that pretty much speaks for itself)....its the self hatred among Black Americans is where the most damage is done...example...I'm a darkskinned black male.....during the early to late 90's Dark skinned bros. was in vogue...I used to get so much play I had to put "coochie" in the freezer until I could comeback later.....Now ****!....I guess I didnt get the memo, that blue black bros. were no longer in style...was in dollar tree getting some work gloves so I could mow the grass....saw a Sister there with her young daughter...gave the customary "head nod" black folk do when they dont know each other, but still sense they were brought up right....she just looked at me and mean mugged me.....I was like what ever....

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,355
    Myth. Delray says this doesn't exist

7. jimmyjam

jimmyjam Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3
    really? I strongly disagree.......please expound...(or is that reply satire?)

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,696

Yes Sir, jimmyjam, you speak truth to power when you say this:

"its the self hatred among Black Americans is where the most damage is done"

Before we can concern ourselves with outside hatred, we need to clean up the hatred we have toward our own people :facepalm:

We can't stand each other, and will not hesitate to publicly demonstrate that tremendous flaw.

You are a breath of fresh air brother, welcome on board, jimmyjam.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,048
    Look, I don't have time to get my panties in a bunch over who likes or dislikes me. For what's it's worth, and pardon the cliche` but some of my best friends are Puerto Rican and Mexican. In terms of how they treat me, I couldn't ask for better friends. Witnessed Chinese students stand up and join ranks of Black students protesting against, what they believed was a hostile climate for Black and Brown students at a predominately white institution.

I would caution everyone not to generalize people and lump them together believing that any racial/ethnic group are ALL alike because it's not true. Let's be clear about who we are talking about when addressing these types of topics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,355

The author of the thread knows the neighborhood I refer to. It disproves his thesis