Black People : What are YOUR faults?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hello Family,

I've been amazed at all the carrying on we've had in the community lately. Wondering, what can i do or say, that might get us to focus our energies properly. I don't know if this will do it, but i'm gonna try.

First, this is not directed to any one some bodee. This is for all of us. Well, all of us who have the courage to look at, and post about, our selves.

I think we spend far too much time worrying about the next person, when we fail to look at ourselves ... our own shortcomings. It's not easy to do. I'd guess that most of us are in denial and can't see any thing wrong within our own selves.

This thread should show and prove.

It will be hard to argue within it, if we are talking about our own selves. Who would come in and challenge our own thoughts about our own selves?

This should be a very peaceful and revealing exercise.

Okay ... i'll start ... my faults ... shortcomings ...

1. I'm poor ... no money ... and in this world, that is a fault and shortcoming, since all things cost money.

2. I'm reclusive ... i enjoy my own company and spending so much time online, for so many years, has supported this life-style ... but i think it's gone too far now ... and i need to change it ... it's become a fault.

3. I'm stressed ... too often ... about one thing or another ... probably some small bits of depression, or depression like stuff, feeding this, as well as numbers 1 and 2 above.

4. I don't know everything ... and in this environment, that could be a fault, cause it seems so many other folk already know everything ... so i'm behind the rest.

5. I'm very sensitive ... but i have to keep this front up, because i've found that folk consider such things as a weakness, and will take advantage of you if they can ... so i have to be all tough and stuff ... while behind the scenes i'm crying ... or sump'n.

hmmmm ... i guess that's enough for now ... * whew *

It's not necessary for anyone to comment on my, or anyone else's own personal shortcomings ... though you're welcome to if you'd like ... but this thread is about sharing yours ... if you have the courage.

Looking forward to the peace ...

:heart:

Destee

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You know what I think the problem is:

I think the problem is that people forgot who brought them into this world, and once they are in this world, What to do to live the best life possible. Nothing is possible without God....Nothing!

I often wonder why here on Destee, we limit the amount of gospel we carry on with each other. Most of our threads should be encouraging, life-changing, and logical. There is a book called "The Holy Bible," and it is the most ignored book in just about every part of the world; that is why we are in bondage. All the scriptures in the book telling us what to do, how to do it, who to honor, and what to live by, and we ignore it to do 'our own thing.' When we do what we want to do, this is where we end up at.

Destee-

People will sow seeds into this site; it is just that for some people, it takes time to get ourselves together. Some people do not even understand what giving is all about. I will have to bless the site no matter what. I have learned more from Destee.com, than I have learned while I have been in school. All it takes is just a browse of the site, and you will will find that there is enough knowledge on here to start up a Neighborhood Library.

It is about time someone begins to read the true text and pray. We are at the End times, and all ignorance will do is drag us down further.

CD

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    uhhhhh ... Brother Cedric Denson ... thank you ... :love:

but you didn't list any of your faults ... wassup wit that ???

QQ

Destee

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Oh believe me Sistah-

I have enough faults to cover a 1-Hour talk show. I take FULL responsibilty for my actions!

The KEY is to learn from those faults, so that in the future, they do not become faults.

CD

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother Cedric Denson ... uhhhh ... did you read my first post in this thread ???

This is an exercise ... sorta kinda like an assignment ... QQ

The assignment is ... that we list a few of our own faults or shortcomings ... they don't have to be the deep, dark, heart-wrenching ones ... but simply evidence, that we do look at ourselves, and realize that we are not all perfect ... like we sometimes want to expect of others.

This is an assignment Brother Cedric Denson ... and if you don't list at least one fault, since you've posted in this thread ... i'll have to give you a failing grade ... :teach:

Okay Brother ... are we together now ???

List one of them faults of yours ... i know it takes courage ... but i got your back! :wink:

Destee

6. Intrepid

Intrepid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Adminstrative Assistant
    Somewhere in this wonderful place we call the worl
    Ratings:
    +3
    I read and understand Destee...LOL

One of my major faults ( at least I think it has become one) I wear my heart on my sleeve and consequently get hurt.

Two at times I can be extremely outspoken.

Three haven't allowed myself to truley widen my horizons in all areas of life. I seem to always have an excuse why I can't.

that's all for now folks.

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace & blessings,

One of my faults is that I always want people to see themselves as God/Goddesses, but I think I push too hard at times without realizing that some may not be ready for that................

I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE even when they don't love themselves...............

SOmetimes I am a reactionary & say things that once they leave my mouth or fingertips I wish I could take back even if I don't feel I was wrong for saying or writing it.................

I am always willing to give someone a chance (business wise) even if my instincts tell me otherwise as I do not want to judge anyone..........

I have slipped from eating once Every other day to eating once a day.....gotta get back on track...................

I think I choose the wrong times and places to exhale my thoughts at times!

The wisdom of a Black Queen never ceases to amaze me!!!!!!!!

peace family!

8. Prince Yakeem

Prince Yakeem Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    My faults:

Somewhat Unbalanced...I'm either wayyy to laid back way or hyped up enough to start a revolution..balance is needed

It is very hard to make me mad and when I do get mad... RUN! lol again balance is needed.

I'll do anything for a friend..even at my own expense..too nice some would say

I dont value money at ALL...I make good money for someone my age and I could make a lot more but I really dont care. Money does not interest me. If I was given the choice between reading the Bible or gaining a million dollars..guess what I would choose...forget the cash...Scripture means so much more to me.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Faults......
    one of my biggest ones is I simply don't trust folks, don't allow them to
    express themselves first before i jump the gun...

I have a fault for caring when i can relax back at times but emotions come
    into play and i can get out right fussy and hard to deal with.

another major one is i'm not very open and will hold things inside til they blow up
    but i've learned how to handle this one well now from the knowledge that was
    passed down to me through understanding and simply listening .

another Fault i hold is Poetry ! and this tale goes deep but a few know
    what i mean about poetry also i can be held in fault for this very community
    because i treasure it and at times sit and wish folks was banned because
    how they act with such disrespect thank goodness it's not mines or it would
    be so few here but in this transitional faze again i learned from the knowledge
    passed down to not push one away but embrace them more and share light
    to what they doing is wrong and harmful .

I have many faults at hand and i know i'm not perfect and make many typo's
    woth so many words i write daily

i'm also at fault as being weak because i have a heart and understand many
    things that others would look down on as dirt yes i'm guilty of that.

i've changed over the years here most of all is the lack of trust i have for the
    next brother or sister beside me , but i'm working on that but it will be a long
    transitional journey so few i believe in and trust .
    SO I'M IN FAULT and GUILTY as sin ..............and the list goes on nuff said.

Peace & Harmony Family
    $R

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Wow ... this is really nice ... thank you all who have shared thus far.

It takes a certain amount of trust, to even share our vulnerabilities.

This is good.

Thank you.

Destee

ps ... uhhhh ... yeah ... we're still waiting for you to share yours! :wink: