Black People : WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Nov 23, 2010.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Blackface in White & Yellow

Part 2

Can YOU "Imagine THAT":?:

Mama Earth
    :hearts2:

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There are a number of ways we could respond. What we have to do is discern what is a response and what is a reaction.

One thing we could do is document all the instances of blackface and keep them in a database available on the internet. Then when they try to say racism is a thing of the past we will have proof that it is not.

The purpose of blackface is to make us feel ashamed of who we are. White people cannot deny that dark skin is superior. They dark skin does not burn in the sun or breakdown in old age as quickly as their skin does. They know this so they must keep us from knowing it by attaching dark skin to something so ridiculous we won't openly lay claim to it.

If we consider the purpose of blackface we will best know how to deal with it.

3. Istari

Istari Well-Known Member MEMBER

taking care of my family and myself
    Ratings:
    +152
    What are we going to do about it? NOTHING! We are very good at doing nothing! Other races can, has and will continue to Ished on us and we will still do nothing cause we don't want to make waves!

but that second video is on POINT!

Peace

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    All sorts of people play to a white audience...

Otherwise what culture shock etc., i. e., since the blackface ploy-- on this side of the oceans--was and is associated with past generations of whites etc. who entertained other whites by poking fun at our enslaved black ancestors etc. means/ways/etc. of coping/dealing/etc. outside of mainstream white society etc.

Suchlike also was kinda sorta kinda demented takes on being less 'civilized' than the better educated/better off white folk they envied and feared...

So always do remember where their double standards etc. originate...

But not to digress (too much)!

Though the means/ways/etc. those equally stuck on 'stupid' asians also dare to cater to a white audience leads one to guess they kinda sorta have a lot of issues/problems/etc. they're evading and avoiding facing up to as well...

So much for our misconceptions of Asians and dare we not forget the eras of white colonialism in their past too!!

:10500:

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Ignorance ain't 'bliss'...

Ours or their's about those in our midst who remain a part of the problem!

I. e., they only misrepresent the rest of you sisters by the way of default, so do speak up/out/etc. for yourselves, which nowadays includes the world wide spanning internet, etc.

Good luck!

Best wishes...

:10200:

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What would the Jews do if we put up a video wearingjewface (what ever that is)? Whatever they would do maybe that's what we should do.

I can't see whites getting upset if we put on whiteface. We could make a movie called White Men Can't Jump and as long as they own the team and the movies they don't care. But when you don't own anything what people say about you is very important.

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Obviously cowards need scapegoats...

Obviously everywhere there are people of color who have inferiority complexes ad naseum and do envy or fear white people...

Though if some of our own remain bad reflections of those negative stereotypes etc.:

That's not the Asians fault!

So whatever we do or say here:

Do keep in mind the whole world is hearing/reading/watching...

Also I can guess folk here do appreciate your reality check/wake up call...

:em0200:

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I cannot see the vid but rest assured if it is something derogatory in our regard, then we have lost what we had in the 60s and 70s

the capacity to righteous indignation AND REAL ACTION about this and about 100 other things

we will talk and this and that a one day protest and thats that

as you say we have lost the capacityt tobe focused

but what makes it worse is that we are not trying to work to get that capacity back

The Freedom party, demonstrated about the Scottsborough Boys musical on Broadway, a minstrel show with brothers in blackface like "Bamboozled"
    and the efforts of the hundreds out there were laudable

but back in the days we would have had tens of thousands out there and raised enough hell they would have had to stop

9. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Sounds like these would be constructive options IF we were truly living a system of Justice for all.
    Still, your comments or the underlying questions you pose are useful. Overstanding PURPOSE is a major part of the solution!

Thanks for Sharing....did you listen to the video's? If so, you did well to maintain focus solely on the question yet, the question was more specific than the response you gave.

What are YOU GOING to do vs. what things "we could" do:10500::qqb015:was the question asked in the video. His energy and tone were very powerful and struck a chord in me each time he asked. "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT"!

There were several other things that jumped at me shared in the video yet I have some other things I need to focus on right now.

Mama Earth

10. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes it WAS!:toast:

and I see the same thing I hear that you see..NOTHING....and I overstand WHY we are unable to do anything and why we do NOTHING and it has EVERYTHING TO DO with MAKING WAVES!

Energy in Motion....EMOTION.....FEELING.....

is something we have lost the capacity to do in a way that is helpful/constructive/beneficial to the Cause..LIBERATION from this BEAST

Mama Earth