Black People : What Are We Going To Do About Our Issues And Problems?

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
Good morning, posters...

But, I must offer an apology, since I should've read more closely those comments on the source of the 'baggy pants' crap, as well have to agree to disagree, with some (if not all) of what is believed, since my take is just the opposite of their's...

If there is one thing even a Jewish acquaintance of mine said and wrote as well as I have found to be true?

Fine and well to just air an opinion:

I seek to air a better informed one!

More to the point:

Folk can just choose to react to the way things are?

I try to respond to what I feel and think is another challenge...

The point:

That whole baggy pants stuff is just a reflection of how some (not all) of today's young people have regressed and retreated back to mere social rebellion as a right of passage, i. e., them perceving and conceiving of themselvs as another self interest group, whereas their cynicism and fatalism about the way things misleads them to also presume and assume that justifies anything and everything they do, up to and including preying on their own people to make it or just to survive, which is what makes them a part of the problem, rather than be a reflection of past generations of young people--from those young Freedom riders--whose sit ins and suchlike ala civil disobedience against those injust laws and suchlike which reflected the era of segregation--as well as those young blacks who were a part of the black student protests against police brutality etc. after the Urban Rebellions--who ushered in a short lived but undeniable new right of passage--as in--that coming of age also meant being a part of the solution...

Otherwise the hyping of today's 'street life' subculture lifestyle etc. , by a white capitalist controlled mass media, isn't exclusively and solely a means to an end, as in--for some unethical yuppies and nouveaus to make a lot of easy and fast as well as quick bucks, but also something I consider a conscious choice to undermine the one and prop up the other option, as regards today's sometimes woefully unenlightened and/or uninformed young people of color in general...

Simply put?

Gangsta rap and the demented mindset it promotes are forms of cultural and social genocide...

So never mind just how many bored and boring young mainstream oriented white people listen to it--by the cd.s-- and/or all of the rest:

It's negative impact on our young folk was and is a continuing concern and worries my greatly...

The mere attention some of those aformentioned black entertainers etc. get because of their antics ad naseum is one thing:

The fact too many of its nonwhite devotees aren't seriously considering if that is a good or bad thing is quite another...

Instead:

What the Last (Black) Poets once said?

"And we're loved when we're ignorant..."

Long overdue to quit expecting the main exploiters of our people--including white media execs--to just change their 'wicked wicked' ways:

And long overdue for us to make a clear distinction, i.e., between fantasy trips, as opposed to heeding the reality checks which black on black youth violence etc. had already been giving me, way back since the eighties...

After all:

That's when that baggy pants craze moved from from the jail cells and/or lockdowns--to (as Huey Newton might also say) minimum security-- etc.

Anyway...

Another FYI...

Take care...

Peace...
"

When one exposes their rear ends in public, that might not always attract the sort of attention they were expecting...

:qqb005:

I was taught to cover (and protect) my own...

FYI...

:SuN044:

I seem to attract that kind of attention when I walk through a white neighborhood, a store, a gas station, etc. and my pants are not baggy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back