Black People : What are the top five concerns for "Non-Pale People"?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UBNaturally, May 28, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    upload_2016-5-28_12-11-19.png

This was a thought to put together a list of concerns that we could think of as a collective, that we feel are of top priority to address and resolve.

Whether these are real, perceived, or projected, share what you think we would be better off dealing with and focusing on, in regards to a better future around the world.

Open to dialog and debate (of course).

Respect

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236

1. We need Black people who care about their people in leadership positions...decision making positions.

2. We need more boys and girls in S.T.E.M. programs.

3. We need Black people who own small, medium, and large companies who actually hire Black people.

4. We need a lot more Black doctors, Black lawyers, Black chemists, Black biologists, etc. who have what's best for Black people in their hearts, their thinking, and in their actions.

5. Black people need gainful employment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

1. Creating PACs is the best way I can think of to motivate others to oversee the policies and those that are suppose to enforce the intended justice coming from policies we conclude to be just.

2. Pre College programs would be something that could gain more funding to bring more underprivileged youth into and inspiration learning environment.

3. There could be a temporary exemption to create "BOOBs" (Black Owned and Operation Businesses) in which they were only allowed to hire "black employees" for a certain amount of time, and then do as they pleased after the exemption has expired. Some of us are not used to authority, and being in a place where there is so much diversity creates confusion when the focus should be on doing a good job.

4, This goes back to #2, image the affect on a child's mind when they get a taste of "College Based Curriculum" at the age of 12? Better than any wasted summer vacation.

5. This goes back to #3, if we called for this exemption on discriminatory practices, it would give many some breathing room to gain momentum. And think of how many would actually consider looking for employment when they know "family" may be working there too.

I feel all of these are great ideas.

We simply need to stay focused on them and when we see the opportunity to act up any of them, do so.

Respect

4. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    1. Ending the violence in our communities. Both Black on Black Crimes and Police Brutality

2. Education reform. We need equality in education And, focusing on getting those degrees that really count. Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. (As Monetary pointed out)

3. We need to fight against Mass Incarceration

4. We need JOBS. That will also help decrease the drug trafficking in our communities which is another problem.

5. Equal Rights and Justice

5. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    # 1. The Prison Industrial Comples. AKA Slavery by Another Name

6. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Will try this as well with the ones posted here

1. This goes to the psychology of younger people. I'd say replace "Rap" and "Video Games" that express "criminal minded activities", with something that creates imagination. If children grow up only thinking of "F This" and "F You", what is the Adolescent or Adult going to be if they consume it?

2. Education reform ... not really sure what this meant, elaborate further if one could.

3. Mass incarceration goes back to #1, see the cycle? O.J. Simpson isn't in prison because he was framed, but because he was doing something stupid and they were able to "put that case on him". Narcotics is a major P.I.C. cash cow, but some don't seem to understand this and continue to help this system exploit them by getting involved or having the supposed illegal stuff on them. Yea, the system is rigged, but I say do the best to avoid these beasts.

4. Jobs wont help decrease drug trafficking if the jobs pay 5-10 times less. But we do need jobs, that can lead to careers. A career provides more "job security". This would then involve needing to learn a trade. Free community college tuition is what some have suggested in the past, but the question is, do many desire to go to school to learn?

• Maybe an alternative could be some type of apprenticeship programs

5. I think the issue we have been having is equal justice. The Civil Rights movement helped to facilitate equal rights, but the application of these rights through the so called "Justice System" is apparently biased to their own protectors. What does equal justice look like?

Thanks for these, as they are great for discussion and looking at all the ranges of what people are dealing with.

Respect

7. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243

1. Children join gangs because they don't have anything better to do, imo. My son has always been involved in multiple extra-curricular activities. He never had TIME to involve himself in mischief. He had Karate, which was replaced with Tae Kwon Do, 3 times a week, he was a Boy Scout, he plaByed Baseball and Basketball, later he was in the Chess Club, then the Engineering Club. Now, he's going to be a senior in college and he works. I never allowed Rap "Music" in our home. He thinks it was his choice that he prefers Reggae and Alternative Rock music. He never got to play game like Grand Theft Auto, or anything that wasn't age appropriate. He never wanted an X-Box or a Play Station, he preferred Computers. So, he's had his own computer since he was 5. I bought him educational games. Then I let him play Chess online when he was about 7. But, I supervised and had a million rules about what he couldn't do on the internet. He started playing online video games. But the game he liked was a supply/demand economic game. He still plays it. His game is worth over $500 on ebay. He plays some shoot em up games but none of them are bloody or gory, no cursing or anything like that. When he visits friends he is exposed to that, but he isn't interested.

2. Brown vs the Board of Education promised integration or equal education for all children. But, apparently it was never implements. I believe there should be a class action law suit brought against the government for failing to provide equal education to AA students. Our school are grossly inferior in every way.. Dilapidated, unsafe buildings, inferior, unmotivated teachers, overcrowded classrooms, outdated textbooks, not enough textbooks, weak curriculum, no honors, gifted, or advanced placement classes, no college prep tract. When my son was in the 9th grade for Science they had a field trip for the all the 9th graders. They took them camping on the beach for 7 days. Do any AA schools offer opportunities that pique the children's interest like that?

23 Petty Crimes That Have Landed People in Prison for Life Without Parole
    As of last year, according to a report released today by the American Civil Liberties Union, more than 3,200 people were serving life in prison without parole for nonviolent crimes. A close examination of these cases by the ACLU reveals just how petty some of these offenses are. People got life for, among other things…

• Possessing a crack pipe
    • Possessing a bottle cap containing a trace amount of heroin (too minute to be weighed)
    • Having traces of cocaine in clothes pockets that were invisible to the naked eye but detected in lab tests
    • Having a single crack rock at home
    • Possessing 32 grams of marijuana (worth about $380 in California) with intent to distribute
    • Passing out several grams of LSD at a Grateful Dead show
    • Acting as a go-between in the sale of $10 worth of marijuana to an undercover cop
    • Selling a single crack rock
    • Verbally negotiating another man's sale of two small pieces of fake crack to an undercover cop
    • Attempting to cash a stolen check
    • Possessing stolen scrap metal (the offender was a junk dealer)—10 valves and one elbow pipe
    • Possessing stolen wrenches
    • Siphoning gasoline from a truck
    • Stealing tools from a shed and a welding machine from a front yard
    • Shoplifting three belts from a department store
    • Shoplifting several digital cameras
    • Shoplifting two jerseys from an athletic store
    • Taking a television, circular saw, and power converter from a vacant house
    • Breaking into a closed liquor store in the middle of the night
    • Making a drunken threat to a police officer while handcuffed in the back of a patrol car
    • Being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm
    • Taking an abusive stepfather's gun from their shared home
    [​IMG]

Read more

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/23-petty-crimes-prison-life-without-parole

4. Apprenticeships and Trade Programs would be great! I don't think people really CHOOSE to be drug dealers. I think its a last resort, when they have no other way to put food on the table. JMO

5. Equal rights and Justice under the law looks like being treated fairly as described by the law. For instance, Mike Brown was Eric Garner was executed for the alleged crime of selling loose cigarettes. Mike Brown was executed for the alleged crime of stealing 5 cigars. No trial, no jury, just executed. Both were unarmed. Justice looks more like what Dylan Roof is getting. He was armed to the tee, yet they took him down without harming a hair on his head. Because, he had rights and in a fair trial justice will prevail.

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Summated form from what I am piecing together as well

1. Parenting skills, better jobs, lenient punishments, more jobs that can pay up to $500 - 1,000/day to compete with drug sales, and justice for all victims of fatal violent acts, regardless of self defense claims.

Everything else will just nod and say "right right right" :)

9. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    I am not sure where this post is coming from. I can never tell when you are being sarcastic with me?

I took parenting classes, and it helped me a whole lot. I also read a few child development books. A lot of parents would benefit from them. Especially, teen parents. Maybe it should be required in some sort of way, when they are removed from regular schools and shipped to alternative schools. IDK

I think many of our people just need jobs, period, not necessarily better jobs, just jobs, period.

Here is where you don't get it. Lenient punishments. I am not supporting lenient punishments, I am advocating FAIR and JUST punishments. Did you read what I posted in regards to the infractions AAs have received life without parole for? C'mon. Life without parole for being a middle man in a transaction of $10 of marijuana???

And, no I am not advocating that entry level jobs should pay $500- 1000 a day. I am saying a lot of AAs are locked out of the job market in exchange for undocumented workers who will work for less than minimum wages, many are discriminated and won't be hired no matter how qualified they are based on race, etc. I am saying that I believe many people who are involved in drug trafficking would rather have a legitimate job. That is my opinion.

I never said anything about "regardless of self defense claims". Of course, if there is a legitimate case for self defense, that should be considered.