Black People : What are the dangers in...

You from philly?!?

Wow, what a coincidence.

If you recall, I suggested to you a bookstore to hit up in philly.

Hey Brother Raptor!

YES...I DID see that and I know the "Know Thyself" bookstore. I just did not take the time to respond YET as you shared a lot of stuff to be digested. Now,
I can't find the thread tho so I look into the titles you recommended.

SiS Blaklioness...THANKS for the links and info. I will be checking them out as the week progresses.

SiS Destee,
I surmise that whether one is growing their own food or not, there will be problems with it. What with all the junk going into the soil from the air and water.
I just KNOW...those Greens seemed strange looking so fresh and full TWO WEEKS after purchase.

Ankhur, the Black owned health food stores around these parts don't sell veggies. At least, none that I've come across yet.

By now, I have eaten those greens. They taste pretty good cooked in olive oil and garlic. I don't say "grace" anymore over my food so...:10500:

M.E.
:hearts2:

Hey Brother Raptor!

YES...I DID see that and I know the "Know Thyself" bookstore. I just did not take the time to respond YET as you shared a lot of stuff to be digested. Now,
I can't find the thread tho so I look into the titles you recommended.

M.E.

The thread is in the "islam study group" forum.:)

Genetically Modified COLLARD GREENS and/or other "safe" and "Healthy" Foods:?:

I am sitting here preparing Collard Greens for dinner. I am struck by the nice green color, firmness of the leaves, NO residuals of soil, Next to No dis-coloration, NO scent, AND, they have been in the frig for well OVER a week.
These things suggest to me these greens are DEFINITELY genetically modified.

So I'm wondering just WHAT the potential dangers are. Is there ANY usefulness from these aside from the pleasurable illusion (as I eat) that I am taking another step towards healthy eating and/or just the feeling one gets when eating.

However, I''m looking at these Greens, so EASY to "pick", roll and cut and KNOWING full well, it is something Unnatural about them and maybe I'd do better simply chucking them.

Any thoughts and/or have other people been noticing more Genetically modified vegetables.

M.E.

If you want to know the truth about genetically altered foods, go to Google videos or to Hulu.com and search for the documentary called "The Future of Food". I came across it by accident a few months ago. It's a Michael Moore-type documentary about how far bio-tech companies in this country have gone to control the U.S. food supply and to basically put independent farmers out of business, especially the ones who grow organic. I kinda knew this was going on, but didn't know it got this deep. Very scary stuff. I think I ate organic for about two weeks after seeing this.

(Couldn't keep it up though, organic is too expensive!!!)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back