Black Men : What are our responsibilities as men?

I'm with you on this. Responsibility goes both ways. I cannot comment on who replies to what in what given time, but I for sure will tell you that work is needed on both fronts. The thing is how do we get all, if not most, to not just accept the "go with the flow" attitude as in, "It's all I know so it is what it is.", without losing people in the delivery? There are facts out there and there are plenty messages, but what is the dynamic that will allow most to adhere to experience and knowledge that is trying to benefit them? Seriously, if anyone can figure that out then we could be in ignition stage of things.

:thinking:

There have been many media campaigns telling brothas to rap it up. There have been fear tactics used with HIV/AIDS and our brothas still neglect the idea of protection. What is the psychological obstacle which prevent such messages that have been received from breaking through?

Is our idea of being a man founded in how stubborn we can be? Do we have that mentality where 'ain't nobody going to tell me somethin' and its killing us? Black men have the highest rate of HIV/AIDS and still growing yet we have commercials, songs, comedians, entertainers of all sorts telling our brothas to rap it up. Where do we go from here if media is not enough to get us to handle our business with precaution?

Can another man walk up to another man and speak to him on an educated level without the brotha sizing him up for battle? I've been in the malls and spoke to brothas as to say hi and almost had to fight with simply speaking. How can we reach brothas if the media is not working and we can't approach our peoples?

:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back