Black People Politics : What are Jesse Jackson and his wife going to jail for? what are the charges?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Alarm Clock, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I meant Jesse Jr !!!!!!! Saw this a minute ago on FB, does anyone here have any news? All the post says is that his wife was charged with some kind of embezzelment, true or a set up like Assata? What is really going on?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
  3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Yes NNQueen, good job and thanks for sharing the archives. Its takes a minute for us to realize that Destee.com is our Internet Library online. Many topics have been discussed and in most instances should be updated, keeping all relevant information together. Thus making the Site more efficient, and helping with the current problem we are having with the number of Threads per poster.

Peace In Queen Sister,

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Jesse Jackson, Jr. pleaded guilty to Campaign Fund misappropriation. He stole $750,000 from his campaign fund. He purchased (silly, insane) items such as Michael Jackson memorabilia (think his bowler hat) after he died, a cashmere fur cape costing $15-20,000, Van Halen's guitar, and of course, the famous $45,000 Rolex watch that he gave as a present to his jump-off.

His wife, Sandy, pleaded guilty to filing a false income tax report.

5. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. pleaded guilty early Wednesday to conspiring with his wife, Sandi Jackson, to spend $750,000 in federal campaign funds on themselves, using the money to buy everything from a $43,350 Rolex watch to a $4,600 fedora that once belonged to Michael Jackson. Sandi Jackson, a former Chicago alderman, also entered a guilty plea to one count of tax fraud connected to the same allegations. Jackson, the son of famed civil rights leader and former Democratic presidential candidate Jesse Jackson, could face years in prison. He has already resigned from Congress, after seeking psychological treatment as the investigation neared its conclusion. Leaving the courthouse, Jackson told reporters, "Tell everybody back home I'm sorry I let 'em down, OK?" Here, three takeaways the pundits see in Jackson's meteoric rise and spectacular fall:
    http://theweek.com/article/index/240371/the-rise-and-fall-of-jesse-jackson-jr-3-lessons
    Thank you NNQueen, like the grade school teachers used to say "I'm so late, I'm marked absent" Lawd Ha Mercy, what is with these negroes, in power??????? I thought the brother was no sell out,...so now the mental health ish was a cover to get sympathy or his conscious whippin his behind, into depression.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Well, next time you ask for info, I sure as heck won't bother. :10100:

7. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    My apologies I had seen her response first:wine:

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

There aren't many subjects we haven't tackled already, lol... and there's no dearth of information in the Destee.com archives; available through Search. I've also noticed a new feature when posting a new Thread, a pop-up or fall-out provides a link to similar topics.

Peace In Alarm Clock,

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

And yet, that link says nothing about Van Halen's guitar.... :11200:

Everything to be known on a subject is rarely covered in one link. In fact, having read that article, as a Midwesterner, I can tell you all 3 opinions are "slightly" off-base. :)

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Prosecutors seek forfeiture of homes owned by Jesse Jackson Jr.

(Reuters) - Prosecutors asked a federal judge on Friday to allow two houses owned by disgraced former Illinois Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife to be subject to forfeiture, ahead of the couple's sentencing next week.
    Jackson pleaded guilty in February to misusing campaign funds while his wife, Sandi, a former Chicago city council member, pleaded guilty to filing false tax returns that failed to report the campaign money as income.

[​IMG]
    Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (C) departs the U.S. District Federal Courthouse in Washington February …

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-seek-forfeiture-homes-owned-jesse-jackson-jr-022640309.html