Black Spirituality Religion : What are Dreams?

sometimes i do.......

Okay, that's good! :)

Word on the street is, there are gems in them dreams, if we can get 'em out.

I think that's the word, I'm still learning, but am encouraged already!

:heart:

Destee

My children say I have no filter, no ability to censor self ... lol ... this part sounds fun :)

No, you have not oversold it! That's just me.

You know what frankster? I had started composing my reply last night, but went to bed and woke up this morning and remembered my dream!! :cheerleader:

The only thing I did different, was think about my dream as soon as I woke up. I was like, ohhh yeah, wait - I dream too! ... :lol:

But for real, in my dream, the issue was technical, a problem I could not solve in the dream. I kinda dozed a little, because I remember dreaming it twice. I have often had these type of dreams, technical problem solving challenges.

The change this time, is that I stopped and thought about my dream, upon waking. I found the dream details fleeting, my memory of them. I'll have to capture details immediately upon waking, write them down, or they will be gone. I can't remember the details, but I knew them in the dream.

You're right too, my sleep did not change ... :)

Okay Okay Okay ... I think I'm a believer ... :score:

I am so glad I dreamed first, before responding! :)

My sleep was not disturbed and that was obviously a concern of mine ... :sleep:

It seems to be reviewing what you can from your dream.

I feel no danger.

It is fun! :swings:

Who said it was not fun?! bah-humbug them! :)

I remember one dream and I'm ready to be president of the dream club ... :lol:

It is fun. It is not work. Well, at least ... not yet ... :)
Intention and Attention is everything in the Dream World.
attention to your intention....you have reset the parameters of your censor.
And so your servant has complied...Lets begin to train this servant.
Congrats.

What are the preliminaries?
Step one is get a Dream Dairy....pen and book by bedside under lamp.
First thing upon awakening write down your dream... or Dreams.
leave space for margin on either side of page....date each nights/morning journal entry.
Do that for 7 nights...after 7 nights we will speak again on the subject
That's it

We are removing the censors and connecting to Spirit with step one....making the unconscious conscious
Soon you won't have space or time enough to write your dreams.

The following instructions are not necessary but ancients writers demand them...modern researchers says it is ritualistic....you decide.
Treat your dream dairy as you would a sacred object...like wrap it in expensive or an emotional connected cloth
Keep it away from public view.
Only you should handle it
decorate it with personal momentos pictures or drawings that have a meaning for you
etc.
* the ancients recommend 40 nights of journaling for the first step with fasting....we moderns think it's not necessary...Matthew 4:1-11 Exodus 24:18.
Fasting and meditating this long will put you into a trance state, wherein miracles happen....beyond may expertise - I do not recommended it....lets keep it fun and light

Don't even worry about it, now that I've dreamt.

I'll just follow along respectfully.

Thank you for sharing with me.

The "Tibetan Book of the Dead" has been referenced here a few times. I did not understand it then, nor do I now, but I have always been honored by those who do have understanding of such things and share it here with us.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :)

You and all the many Sisters and Brothers that have passed this way, stopped and shared some love, encouragement, and knowledge, help me accomplish this effort. I am forever honored.

All we need is a little.

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee
The Tibetan book is about the time we spend between Life and Death.....and how it affects your after life and next life so to speak ...as far as my memory serves.

All love on this exploration
peace.

They are basically two categories of Dreams. Day(waking) Dreams and Nocturnal (sleeping)Dreams. Whilst we mostly acknowledge control over our Day Dreams or so we think. Which is a discussion in itself.
The question here has to do with sleeping dreams.
Many will gladly concede that they have a little or no control over our Nocturnal dreams. That they come unbidden and has nothing or little to do with waking life...while others will and often do disagree.
Some people make a living out of understanding and interpreting as to whether or not it has to do with future events predictive or prophetic and whether it has to do with inner personality as in Psychoanalysis Past events that are exerting undue influence over you.

What's your opinion on sleeping dreams ?
Do they provide an opportunity for us or not?

Come let us reason together and perchance learn from each other.
Dreaming is a form of hallucinating according Dr. Amos N. Wilson, an Afrikan centered clinical psychologist, and the dreamer often confuses the hallucination that the dream represents with reality. E.g., "The American Dream" which has no basis in reality!!!

Dreaming is a form of hallucinating according Dr. Amos N. Wilson, an Afrikan centered clinical psychologist,
I would not want to disagree with the Great Dr Amos Wilson.
Hallucination has been a part of Man's development from the very beginning.

and the dreamer often confuses the hallucination that the dream represents with reality.
Really....even after awakening?
Hallucinations are apart of Reality.....We experience them on some Level.
Experience is Reality?

E.g., "The American Dream" which has no basis in reality!!!
You may not have experienced the "american dream" does not mean others haven't or that it has no basis in reality.
Maybe the "American Dream" is an Ideal toward which we strive but can never achieve....Perfection is Becoming.

Intention and Attention is everything in the Dream World.
attention to your intention....you have reset the parameters of your censor.
And so your servant has complied...Lets begin to train this servant.
Congrats.

OMG ... now this sounds intriguing! :)

Intention and Attention - I've not given the 2 words much thought (as a couple) before now.

Attention to your Intention ... hmmmm ... :thinking: ... okay ... :)

On the surface, I'd like to think my intention is always good. I always want the best for all involved. Perhaps with more thought, I'll find some other intentions lingering ... :eeek: ... oh gosh ... okay ... Attention to your Intention ... I will do it!

Step one is get a Dream Dairy....pen and book by bedside under lamp.
First thing upon awakening write down your dream... or Dreams.
leave space for margin on either side of page....date each nights/morning journal entry.
Do that for 7 nights...after 7 nights we will speak again on the subject
That's it

Ya know, I thought that already, remember?! I did not get a chance to reply immediately after you did, but I saw this instruction and thought, I saw that! Even though I saw it, I have not done it yet. I will start tonight and be ready in the morning when I wake. So my 7 days are starting now ... :time:

We are removing the censors and connecting to Spirit with step one....making the unconscious conscious
Soon you won't have space or time enough to write your dreams.

Okay, making the unconscious conscious. Wow at not having enough space to write it down, that sounds awesome, for right now, it's only tidbits of information. Okay. I'm ready! :weights:

The following instructions are not necessary but ancients writers demand them...modern researchers says it is ritualistic....you decide.
Treat your dream dairy as you would a sacred object...like wrap it in expensive or an emotional connected cloth
Keep it away from public view.
Only you should handle it
decorate it with personal momentos pictures or drawings that have a meaning for you
etc.
* the ancients recommend 40 nights of journaling for the first step with fasting....we moderns think it's not necessary...Matthew 4:1-11 Exodus 24:18.
Fasting and meditating this long will put you into a trance state, wherein miracles happen....beyond may expertise - I do not recommended it....lets keep it fun and light

What type of fasting are we talking about, 40 days and 40 nights or some piece of that?

I'll make my diary special, as the ancient writers demand. If we're gonna do this, let's do it right and get the most benefit we can.

If I have to do fasting too, I may not start tonight, may need a minute to prepare.

Matthew 4:1-11 KJV
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, and saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Exodus 24:18 KJV
And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

The Tibetan book is about the time we spend between Life and Death.....and how it affects your after life and next life so to speak ...as far as my memory serves.

Thank you for a simple "about" - though I am sure it is much more than a sentence can capture, but this helps me a lot. The time we spend between Life and Death. Do you mean the time before we are born, as we are generally aware of the time after birth and before death?

All love on this exploration
peace.

Yes, all love peace and exploration! :)

Thanks so much for your guidance on this. My apology for the delay in responding (again).

Have you ever fasted for forty days and forty nights? I'm just wondering. Wondering if anyone lays claim to such. Surely there must be some. I actually just googled it, and seems it is recommended by some (w/a doctor's supervision). Good deal. Thanks again! :)

Loving Us!

Destee