Black Spirituality Religion : What are Dreams?

That's interesting, thank you. I am glad I do not have to focus. I suppose one must be aware of these unconscious behaviors first, then want to know more about it and/or change it, in order to capture the prize.
Yes one will bring to consciousness that which is now unconscious.....removing your censorship

I suppose fun is relative. It does not sound like fun to me. Is there more to it than fun? Like, can it change the world, an individual's life, end racism, etc.? What tangible benefit can one expect to receive? I already have very peaceful sleep, if I am to consider changing / relinquishing this for something else, it has to be considerably better. This reminds me of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".
It was fun for me as at the time it was revelatory, it may change your world....not The World or racism.
It will not change your sleep nor can I promise it will be considerable better.
Think of it as a fun way of getting to know your dreaming self.
You are making me feel I have oversold this thing LOL.

This is very interesting too. You say we all lose these helpful hints, but can one learn to never lose any? How would one know if they had them all or not? It seems an endless quest for knowledge. My sleeping dreams have never (to my knowledge) told me what has happened, what is happening, or what will happen, let alone how to deal with it all. My sleeping (dreams) has primarily been a time for my body to rest, to be at peace from the many ramblings of my mind, to rejuvenate itself. Given this, it sounds like I'm missing out on a lot of resolution.
Yes we do lose...but it may not be worth your while to try and capture it all....hence the reason why you censored it in the first place.
Yes knowledge is an endless quest....the more you know the more you realize what little you know.
These simply technique will not disturb your restful sleep....your peace of Mind depends on how you deal with the new information - all in all its never dangerous mostly revealing.

Work / practice - they are somewhat synonymous, oftentimes requiring dedication and time to achieve the goal. It's just that I have so much work / practice already, no where near getting it all done, and to take on another challenge (any at all) that requires like effort - whew - I have to weigh it heavily, for it means something else dear to me will likely go undone.
Believe me it not that important.....leave till you feel like doing some self experimentation.
It just fun....

Can you give more information on how I unknowingly manipulate my sleeping dreams? How do I do that?
That would reveal one of the exercises before you did the preliminaries.

I imagine I manipulate my (woke) dreams, adjusting them regularly with conscious thought, but my sleeping dreams? Please tell me more. You had also mentioned both woke / sleep dreams initially, if no mistake. I'm looking forward to the woke dream part (if I've not missed it already), as I think I will be able to understand it better.
True...I am not sure what you are asking.
please rephrase.

A 3 month commitment to learn what one yearns to know, is not bad at all. What prompted you to want to learn more about your dreams? Were you having vivid dreams and wanted to understand them better? Are you at more peace as a result of the effort? Were you able to see your dreams tell you what happened, what is happening, and what will happen along with how to deal with it? I suppose results will vary for each individual.
I read too much as a child and started reading the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" the name is very scary.
This led me to other similar books filled with various exercises which change me immensely. My mom soon found out and her panic, scared the bejeepers out of me. Now that I am facing retirement I started taking a new look at them.
It made me realize there is more to this life than what appears to the eye.
At the time I wanted to explore my dreams not find meaning or get advise
Yes I have had a few prophetic dreams...

You are so very welcome! Thank you for being here. It is a pleasure to respond. This is what I love, I just don't get to do it often. As I've thought on this, dreams and all, it reminds me of destee and this effort. All of my work and practice goes into this. I have so much I need to learn, it is endless. I've been doing it years, and I've yet to reach the point where I know it all. It never stops. Studying dreams seems like it could be that way too. Always learning more, ever changing ebbs and flows. One would have to be dedicated to the effort, in order to keep going. I believe it's like many other crafts in life, no one person knows them all intimately. We have to pick and choose, which is most important to us. No right or wrong answer here. We can have a dream expert, and a plumber, and a site builder, and a writer, and a teacher, we can have it all.
I love sharing and learning and here on Destee you provide that space for which I am ever grateful to you and your staff or whomever helps you to accomplish this awesome site.

Thank you so much for sharing with me!

While I don't have knowledge of dreams, I can learn from my Sisters and Brothers that do ... :teach:

YAAAAAAAAAY Us! :)

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
I have a little knowledge of Dreams which I am willing to share with anyone willing to do the exercises and share their results that are not of a private nature....

Love always

Yes one will bring to consciousness that which is now unconscious.....removing your censorship

My children say I have no filter, no ability to censor self ... lol ... this part sounds fun :)

It was fun for me as at the time it was revelatory, it may change your world....not The World or racism.
It will not change your sleep nor can I promise it will be considerable better.
Think of it as a fun way of getting to know your dreaming self.
You are making me feel I have oversold this thing LOL.

No, you have not oversold it! That's just me.

You know what frankster? I had started composing my reply last night, but went to bed and woke up this morning and remembered my dream!! :cheerleader:

The only thing I did different, was think about my dream as soon as I woke up. I was like, ohhh yeah, wait - I dream too! ... :lol:

But for real, in my dream, the issue was technical, a problem I could not solve in the dream. I kinda dozed a little, because I remember dreaming it twice. I have often had these type of dreams, technical problem solving challenges.

The change this time, is that I stopped and thought about my dream, upon waking. I found the dream details fleeting, my memory of them. I'll have to capture details immediately upon waking, write them down, or they will be gone. I can't remember the details, but I knew them in the dream.

You're right too, my sleep did not change ... :)

Okay Okay Okay ... I think I'm a believer ... :score:

Yes we do lose...but it may not be worth your while to try and capture it all....hence the reason why you censored it in the first place.
Yes knowledge is an endless quest....the more you know the more you realize what little you know.
These simply technique will not disturb your restful sleep....your peace of Mind depends on how you deal with the new information - all in all its never dangerous mostly revealing.

I am so glad I dreamed first, before responding! :)

My sleep was not disturbed and that was obviously a concern of mine ... :sleep:

It seems to be reviewing what you can from your dream.

I feel no danger.

Believe me it not that important.....leave till you feel like doing some self experimentation.
It just fun....

It is fun! :swings:

Who said it was not fun?! bah-humbug them! :)

I remember one dream and I'm ready to be president of the dream club ... :lol:

It is fun. It is not work. Well, at least ... not yet ... :)

That would reveal one of the exercises before you did the preliminaries.

What are the preliminaries?

True...I am not sure what you are asking.
please rephrase.

Don't even worry about it, now that I've dreamt.

I'll just follow along respectfully.

I read too much as a child and started reading the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" the name is very scary.
This led me to other similar books filled with various exercises which change me immensely. My mom soon found out and her panic, scared the bejeepers out of me. Now that I am facing retirement I started taking a new look at them.
It made me realize there is more to this life than what appears to the eye.
At the time I wanted to explore my dreams not find meaning or get advise
Yes I have had a few prophetic dreams...

Thank you for sharing with me.

The "Tibetan Book of the Dead" has been referenced here a few times. I did not understand it then, nor do I now, but I have always been honored by those who do have understanding of such things and share it here with us.

I love sharing and learning and here on Destee you provide that space for which I am ever grateful to you and your staff or whomever helps you to accomplish this awesome site.

I have a little knowledge of Dreams which I am willing to share with anyone willing to do the exercises and share their results that are not of a private nature....

Love always

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :)

You and all the many Sisters and Brothers that have passed this way, stopped and shared some love, encouragement, and knowledge, help me accomplish this effort. I am forever honored.

All we need is a little.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee