Black People : What Are Black People Concerned And Worried About?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, May 10, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    We write and speak about many things which are important and relevant and significant to us--as individuals--on these threads and via these forums:

Seldom or never when it comes to the people around us, i. e., friends/family members/elders in our communities?

That's not what I associate with either being an activist or a would be leader...

So, just who are we and what are we about here, posters?

You tell me!

:10500:

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Keeping a roof over their heads, hoping not to get laid off, hoping utilities don't go up more, and food prices to rise again, hoping that their neighborhoods are not regentrified,
    and hoping that their children will have a better future and life then they have

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771

I believe we have a great deal to be concern about, as stated above. Our immediate concerns take priory. My children already have had a better life then I did growing up. My main concern it that our people are loosing sight of who they really are. That we have lost our traditional values for the sake of getting the material goods sold on tv. That we continue to short change ourselves for the quick fix and have lost respect for ourselves in the process. That by forgetting our ancestors and their communal ways we have become too westernized, too individualistic for our own good.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I got a spin on this im sure some wont like. Christians talk about the rapture. So my thinking at this point is that the true christians have been raptured and the rest of us are catching hell living among the hypocrites and devils that got left behind. Some of us are reincarnated to take on and battle these hypocrites and devils. Some are folks caught in-between. Some of us have not exactly "lost our traditional values" because most of us were never raised on traditional values, and herein lies the problem. Folks cant forget that which they have never known. But our ancestors are reaching out and guiding and protecting some of us. Not all of us. This is why even though we may share a commonality we perceive as being "black" people, our ancestors know not who many if not most of us are. And this situation will worsen as more black folks embrace integration, miscegenation and yt religious systems. Bottomline: It seems that most black people are only concerned/worried about their own prosperity and to hell with the rest, unless they are part of their church congregation. And even then there is envy among the brotherhoods.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    so you believe that some ancestors hate folks cause of their religion?

And what did Malcolm X say about the endless discussion of our religious differences?

6. Black Squared

Black Squared Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +177
    I'm concerned that our people won't get our lack of self esteem and anger under control and that our people could face a second slavery if we don't strengthen the family structure and value education on a much larger scale.

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Chuck:

No fear of a return of U. S. slavery (kinda sorta got settled via the War Between The States)...

And some do envision an expansion of a pseudo form of forced servitude via an underpaid prison labor etc.

But --I can also easily guess some union presidents etc. won't put up with that for long either-- in the midst of this nation's economic woes etc.

Moving right along...

After having gone thru the re-educational process, i. e., via either black studies classes and/or p. e. classes, it may well be difficult--though not impossible--even when it comes to these present day hip hop heads--if only they had kind hearts--as well as open minds...

One can simply accept the way things are--or do what it takes to change them...

Both are choices...

I can't or won't make other folks choics for them...

I. e., change/evolution/growth etc., they must be a reflection of what the individual needs and wants...

The rest comes afterwards...

:SuN020:

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Whatyou say makes sense but,

In the only nation and the first nation in the history of humanity, man ,and mankind on this planet to rage a war against their enslavement;

Haiti

who knows what our family is doing down there, right now in exchange for a roof over their heads, and some bathing medium, and food not just for themselves, but for their children and their elderly.

I remember the old "good cop" show Barney Miller, that exposed in one episode, contemporary slavery, with wealthy immigrants from Indonersia.
    An Asian Black man was arrested for doing something he was not aware of and a man came in to bail himout ,when asked who the man was, he replied,
    " He is my master, I am his slave here and he pays me an allowance of 70 thousand US dollars per year!

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Chuck:

Good afternoon, Ankhur...

And a belated thank you for this feedback...

But now do place within the context of what you actually said/wrote/etc. with any grand dream of starting up businesses etc. on the basis of such folk presumed and assumed tacit support etc.?

It just doesn't happen so easily or quickly, if at all, like that--in the real world, bruh!

:10500:

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Chuck:

Yes...

And on point/on time comentary...

But...

Generally speaking, what do you propose that we actually can and should do, in order to reverse the process(ing), i. e., since the Civil Rights Movement mainstays were motivated by grandiose and overly idealistic notions of what integration would easily and quickly usher in, why we've had to cope and deal with a lot of hard to deny reality checks/wake up calls...

At best:

It would've taken several generations of college and/or university grads to even place themselves within the college/university teaching and/or staff position to aid others even graduate, and/or themselves truly know/understand/etc. how that part of this nation's socio/economic/political system helps to maintain their (the whites) very existence, both as a people and/or this nation as a world power, etc.

Only a relative handful did or do continue to aid our peoples struggles etc.

Another reason I did and do consider the unbelievably negative comments about Henry Lous Gates--who is actually doing something to aid our efforts--rather than Cornel West--who can't (or won't)--confusing and dumbfounding...

If such popularity contest sort of judgement calls even prevade some folks judgement calls on this forum:

No wonder they go without good advice and support for what they are striving and trying to do as well...

I know some of those I admit not always agreeing with can and should be able and willing to do better than be somebody else's cheerleaders etc.

:em0200: