Pan-Africanism : WHAT ARE AFRICAN AMERICANS OBLIGATIONS TO THE RECOVERY AND RECONSTRUCTION OF AFRICA??

kente417mojo said:
I think if it was true and known that all African Americans had dual citizenship to a stable African country, then maybe that would give African Americans a reason to try and repatriate. Many black people see the problems that Afirca has and in their mind they are actually happy to be an American. If Africa was stable and on it's feet, more black people would want to identify with it. Until then, we can't expect narrow-minded people to want to try and build up something, when they can live in the white man's house that's already built and thriving. Unfortunately, we're lazy like that.

You said it more than I could put it. Its basically about Continental Africans not seeing this as african americans not caring for africa but rather seeing this as human Nature. We go the path of least resistance. At the mo, it seems holding on to America, with all its blatant prejudices to African Americans is better than going back home to Africa. Hell even African immigrants and especially their children try to distance themselves from Africa. I think it will take the efforts of a visionary few to see that the missing piece in achieving a unified black people is a prosperous africa. Then you will see a return to home of many africans in diaspora in America, Brazil, Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica, Europe. I mean why suffer racism in America when you could live a better life without racism in Africa. But this still remains a dream. And hopefully the efforts of a visionary few can bring this about.

Orisons said:
Despite the obvious dangers we owe it to the ancestors [and their mutilated and murdered siblings] to very intelligently organise our families, communities and even countries for our collective best interest.

The crux of our problem in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora is that most of us [especially our dysfunctional elite] are still trying to distance ourselves from our African ethnicity...

While we’re arguing and debating this point, the other elite’s intelligentsia’s are taking care of business in Asia [China, Japan, India and Korea] with even the Semites trying [which is why the USA smashed Iraq and are going to do the same to Iran].

Don’t you think it is bizarre that we are aspiring to be the only ethnicity on the Planet to collectively advance without our own elite’s guidance and support; with many of us expecting our lower echelons with their limited education and experience to deduce or intuit a reasonable way forward, whereas all the other ethnicities utilise their most brilliant intelligentsia for this strategically vital function.
I agree with you. The problem is how to get the elite to take the forefront in the battle.

militant said:
What will be the best for black people in general. And at the moment, though I am an african, I will have to admit that the returns on investment by investing in African Americans could be better on the long run than that made by investing in a hospital in Senegal. The problem of Africa is really about resource management.

Brother, with what Africa is enduring at the moment, I find this statement difficult to digest... That does not mean I think it is wrong, just not easy to swallow... It is as if you are suggesting that there is no hope for our people on the continent, so we must turn our eyes away from her to a more hopeful scenario... Man, I find that unfathomable... Great suggestions, though, and food for a lot of thought...

Peace!
Isaiah

Orisons said:
Despite the obvious dangers we owe it to the ancestors [and their mutilated and murdered siblings] to very intelligently organise our families, communities and even countries for our collective best interest.

The crux of our problem in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora is that most of us [especially our dysfunctional elite] are still trying to distance ourselves from our African ethnicity...

While we’re arguing and debating this point, the other elite’s intelligentsia’s are taking care of business in Asia [China, Japan, India and Korea] with even the Semites trying [which is why the USA smashed Iraq and are going to do the same to Iran].

Don’t you think it is bizarre that we are aspiring to be the only ethnicity on the Planet to collectively advance without our own elite’s guidance and support; with many of us expecting our lower echelons with their limited education and experience to deduce or intuit a reasonable way forward, whereas all the other ethnicities utilise their most brilliant intelligentsia for this strategically vital function.

Brother Orisons, DEEP, as always...

Paraphrasing the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, we've go to use just what we've got to get just what we want... We don't have any kind of choice... Our elite is so de-cultured and detached and dissociated from us, that we have to show them the way... Fact is, brother, that is how it has always been in our community - the despised, dispossessed, and disinherited always had to lead the way, and now is no different...

If we are smart down under, we can devise our plans, and have the idiotic elite carry it out with their superior contacts and resources...

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Brother, with what Africa is enduring at the moment, I find this statement difficult to digest... That does not mean I think it is wrong, just not easy to swallow... It is as if you are suggesting that there is no hope for our people on the continent, so we must turn our eyes away from her to a more hopeful scenario... Man, I find that unfathomable... Great suggestions, though, and food for a lot of thought...

Peace!
Isaiah

I hear you and I am not suggesting that at all. I am sugggesting that, the current cash at hand afford better return on Investment if it was invested in producing more black elite than if it was used say in Africa by vitrue of the fact that it wont be enough to turn africa around. However, that does not mean we should ignore Africa. We need to push for policy change in Africa. I believe Africa doesnt need much cash. I believe we can make her stand on own her two feets. I have been trying to write AnAfrican with regards to suggestions on how to tackle the problem of Africa. However I have been abit lazy and will get back to him as soon as possible. I was thinking applying the Principles set forth by the economist Hernando De Soto which can be found in the links below:
http://www.opportunity.org/site/pp.asp?c=7oIDLROyGqF&b=667883
http://reason.com/0105/fe.hs.citadels.shtml

With the use these principles, we will not need africans begging at the feet of G8 for aid. Or the ridicule by the likes of Gerdoff who are pimping the image of Africans for album Sales, and to mudsling at Africa's image in disguise for pity.
I will discuss with AnAfrican and whoever wants to be inolved, how to define the capital that Africa has and how we can form an Action Committee. Like I said, what we need here is to think strategically. If we feel that sending money is going to solve the problem, then fine. However, If we can come together, as diapsora and form action Committees to solve the problems. All are welcome to join!! At the moment the best path is spending cash here and investing in changing the policies in Africa to follow the principles of Hernando De Soto.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back