Black People Politics : What America sees...

"Well, the moral of the story
the moral of this song
is simply that one should never be
where one does not belong
so when you see your neighbor carryin something
help him with his load
and don't go mistaking paradise
for that home across the road" *

*from the song Frankie Lee and Judas Priest by Bob Dylan
Puerto Rico was only prepared for a cat-1 storm and a 4 blew in. Then when convoys of supply trucks drove in and airplanes for relief the local citizens or mayors confiscated the goods and handed it out to their supporters only. FEMA said they never intended any such thing it was suppose to go to every one. It was also said that the doctors did not all have a degree or license.

So, there was a break down based on a lack of knowing how to prepare for these kinds of events. I would suppose that there has been better organization since then. It takes a while to recover, Florida is finding that out now. It may be years. I got a feeling though we are going to see more hurricanes in the future. It seems to be an era trend.

Regarding the moral of the song: I agree that the grass is not always greener on the other side when trying to find paradise. But then that all depends on whether one is digging for gold, or looking for coconuts. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back