What advice would you give to this brotha?

sweetbrownsugar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 28, 2004
I know a guy. A Brotha. Age 24. (actually he's a family member by marriage) He dropped out of highschool. Is (still) talking about getting his GED. He works odd jobs off and on. Anticipates being picked up by some local NFL farm? team. Won't fool with a sista to save his life. Light or Dark, So he tells people. He has a little girl, 5 by one white girl. A little boy a few months old by another white girl. Has to pay child support for the girl because the mother went to CSE. His drivers license were revoked. Now he can't drive the Car that another totally different White girl (-with money) BOUGHT him. So he latches on to the mother of the little boy. She pays his "way". Remember I said, he won't fool with a sista? There is a sista who he knew. -He claims not in the Biblical sense but she has a Child too and also went to CSE for support. So whenever he works they garnish his pay-for both kids. He Really claims that this child by the Sista is not his. So he ends up lawyer-Court-A Judge makes the Sista take a Paternity Test. He wants any money taken out of his check? Paid Back. The Sista says, even if the Test comes back and the child is not his? She ain't paying nothing. Meanwhile this Brotha as young as he is? I can just.....under my breath I think he's just Sorry. He has a lot of people feeling sorry for him. A grandmother who raised him like her own, supports the children and can hardly do so. It seems everyone is "patting" him on the back instead of "knocking" some sense in his head. There is a lot of Male Guidance as far as family but it is shot to hell. What kind of advice can you give a Young brotha like this? -I forgot to add, the results of the Paternity Test are not back yet, but he is so Wreckless with that, that there is a strong possibility that the Sista's child IS his too.

i have to agree
his mind is entraped in mental confussion
what anybody say will not stick he is a young man
stir in the wrong mix for whatever he can get free
in life but he can be changed and will if he keep living

what he need to see is his true worth and reality of life
someone need to show him the meaning of THE SYSTEM
the common society of dealing for a free ride on whomever
he also if not stopped will be lost without knowledge and
find himself lock out from this american dream he see now
my advice is to continue to talk to him don't give up he's our
brutha still needing help and a way back to reality and home

In all honesty, the advice I would give is for women to steer clear of him! Children/teenagers can be motivated. A grown man (24 while young is still grown) with children should not have to be motivated. In addition if there are men in the family who are available to guide him, what could we possibly say that they couldn't? Some people have to learn their lessons the hard way, and that appears to be this young man's basis of learning!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back