Black Spirituality Religion : What about the rest of Afuraka?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by I-khan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Now this thread is not meant to belittle,demonize,or castrate anyones spirituality and/or spiritual beliefs but I have to create this in the light of what I am observing...

Now I know that KMT is higly important in ourstory since it has been the most well known victim of foreign incursion and theft in the past decades as far as who created it(and its spirituality,political structre,etc.) is concerned,but what seems to be happening (or maybe I missed something) is that KMT (along with its parent,Ta-seti aka nubia at times) is being glorified and/or all of the other spiritual systems of our peoples are being either ignored or overlooked..creating an ugly bias that belittles anything else that does not have to do with the initial (often kmt) practice is perpetuated by some..

I do not have to explain to anyone here (since you already know) that KMT nor Ta-seti were NOT the most 'advanced' peoples ever in afruaka since there is no standard for such..people came LONg before these kingdoms established themselves (search here:http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/a...t.org/html/MastersMuseums/MastersMuseums.html)

We(or just some of us) do not need to take something that is wholly spiritual and create a bias and/or linear viewpoint of things using the literature (which in themselves only call for more research into the different peoples) as a basis unless it is not fully comprehended and 'digested' so to speak...

you can read all the spiritual literature you need but ultimately the truth is meant to be found by yourself...I know for fact that if you present some data as the absolute truth (and not just bits of it) you will fall under scrutiny and possible dogmatism...so far all of the spiritual literature I have read were based on PATHWAYS (ie pathways to living a better/'spiritual' life so that you realize truth yourself as in experiencing it.) and not absolute truths....

but if you do not search for truth (in a thing as itself) than i suggest that 'you live and let live' if you cannot compare notes without resorting to AD HOMINEM attacks on your brethren...

truth and rest to you all.....

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    This is Keita Speaking

Well brother Ikan, in all due respect for your question, which is a good question...I suggest that you begin doing some intense research on the "migrations of our ancestors from as far back as you can". I suggest this because it will allow you to see from where they came to where they moved and was forced to move due to invasions. After you do that research, I also suggest that you begin research into the dispersion of the preisthood from Kemet during pursecution so as to understand where "partial concepts and whole concepts came from regarding what others of our people on the continent may or may not practice."

I mention this for various reasons. As an example; what does the theology of say the Yoruba and Kemet have in common? Why are there writings in Nigeria that are exactly like those found in ancient Kemet? Why do the people of India hold reverence for the cow and what is the relationship of it to Kemet? In other words, I want you to start putting the picture together for yourself, cause I'm not going to tell you. I will point the way and leave you hints if needed, but I will not tell you.

Only in this fashion will you expand your own thought process and reach your own conclusions as opposed to the picture I may paint of what happened and the thread that binds them all.

Again, Very Good Question !!!

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The Return of Mu-sho-sho-no-no

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/new4.htm#zulu

Another perspective is offered here:

http://jbs.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/35/3/347

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  5. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    great links...they are MUCH appreciated and needed...

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The beauty about the enlarged statement, is that this has been discussed by numerous scholars.

DIOP had long since sought to demonstrate the cultural, linguistic, and spiritual solidarity amongst African peoples, both on the continent and the world over.

Also, as a practicioner of Kemetic theology myself, I know that several Kemetic "authorities" (please take notice to the inference) have always sought to establish the on-going recognition of the various indigenous African Systems in their literary works.

To deny this, is to never have read their works to begin with.

ATR is a virtual buffet of balanced diets. To choose any one of them is to still get all your vitamins and minerals that you need.

Besides, most Kemetic practicioners are also practicioners of more than one ATR, to some degree.

I speak for myself in this respect.

PEACE

7. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    YOU are welcome, my Brother.

PEACE